about the doctor and madness
while in tier 3 madness you must "snap out of it" before you can do just about anything
I feel as though a few things need to be changed:
- shouldnt be able to unhook in tier 3
- SHOULD be able to mend from borrowed time (because you dont have enough time to snap out of it before going down)
Idk just a thought and complaints from my friend
thanks and have a great day <3
Comments
Nah it's fine as is..you do have time to snap out of it and mend I've done it..as long as you arnt wasting meter or failing skill checks you'll make it just fine, as for unhooking it would be a tad too much and I play a lot of doc myself..he's in that sweet spot for himself..don't fix what isn't broken
the reason I made the post is because my friend died last match because they just couldnt snap out of it in time its literally not enough time to do it they didnt miss any skill checks and they didnt waste any time before starting
I find that hard to believe as I've done it myself
when did you do it? before or after they changed the timer? cause literally did not have time to do it - Im saying that tier 3 madness shouldnt override mending which I believe is fair
No I think it should..adds a bit of risk to mending for a change..and the situation has to be one tou put yourself in as the only way this happens is if you get a bt proc after madness 3
the wide blast that hitsa large area adds to madness if they get hit while in tier 2 (where they cant snap out of it) they get put in tier 3 and they cant do anything about it
I'm aware of how doc works man..if your not able to snap out of it your in chase in which case deep wound is no threat anyway..otherwise snapping out of it takes very little time
I dont understand how or why youre arguing this when it literally happened like less than an hour ago
if you honestly believe its not actually a problem then test it out in a custom game then come back because until then Im gonna think youre full of it and are only arguing to try to be right for some kind of satisfaction
I meanwhile want a genuine problem fixed
Considering you have no evidence of your claim either that's a tad hypocritical of you...so I likewise feel the same about you tbh
so we're gonna just gloss over the fact that the problem I presented is recreate-able because you think I dont have any "evidence" which I do if youd like to watch my friends stream on twitch.tv/kaylapanda
well since this guy is no help and just wants to argue can anyone either check to see it or provide anything meaningful because this post was made in "FEEDBACK and SUGGESTIONS" not general chat and I would like to make some progress
also if theres a way to block people on forums please let me know cause Im not about to sit here and argue with this guy anymore
It's a public forum you can't just shutdown those who disagree..so since that's how you deal with debate I'll wish you adieu
BHVR knows about this and have decided that madness 3 should override mending.
Any issues you have with this will be promptly thrown into the trash.
Makes sense for Madness to override mending, seeing how it also overrides healing and working on generators and all that.. Mending taking priority would make no sense.. and would have people ask for Healing to also take priority. Why? Because mending does, so why not healing? And cleansing totems too maybe! Oh and why not generators? So basically being in Madness 3 would become useless and people will play Doctor even less.
It's part of his power's kit. Yes it sucks, but it's not something that happens very often anyway, unless the people you play with enjoy going for unsafe unhooks in the killer's face with the excuse of having Borrowed Time. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
You have a limited amount of time to mend. Everything else you mentioned doesn't.
You have unlimited time to mend if you run until you find another survivor to mend you, if that's what you're worried about. I know in the original scenario he was pretty much the last one not on hook or something, but it's also not something that'll happen very often.
I was not aware BHVR had gone over this before and I apologize for making the thread since clearly it has pissed off several people that an unsolvable problem has been brought to attention
Ill just go back to my corner now
have a nice day
Bit unrelated but I think if you're in Madness 3 and snapping out of it, if the Doctor zaps you, (Either via static blast or shock therapy) your Snap Out Of It progress should be reset to 0.
It's really weird you can be 99% of the way done, Doctor can zap you 100 times in a row, and you'll still have 1% to finish.
I get that they want progress retained if you let go of the button or fail a skill check (Which regresses some of it for failing the skill check) but Doctor actively electrocuting you should either reset all your progress (Maybe only for Static Blast since it tiers you up every time?) or some of it per zap. (Shock Therapy)
It makes little sense and survivors can use this by snapping-out-of-it mid-chase at pallets and stuff because they want to flashlight you and Madness 3 disables items. Even though you're zapping the heck out of them between pallets, they'll still be making steady progress on it.
Why does every other killer have one mechanic, but doctor has like five?
Im late cause i ran into this yesturday im a rank 17 and this happened but i found out you can run and the timer would stop untill you stop running then continue to count down and other survivors who are not in madness can mend you and if your teammate also has madness just run in a circle while they get rid of their own madness then they help you
if you want to prevent someone from unhooking.. just shock them... if you stop unhooking you must stop all actions, including mending and throwing pallets. This would make Doc even more annoying and OP. I love doc, so this change would make him the target of future nerfs that would more than likely kill the majority of usage. His shock takes mind games and strat.