Mother's Helpers...
They stayed the same guys...
They stayed the same guys...
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
How do you know? There weren't any patch notes released yet as far as I'm aware
They just released
Well, it's official, add ons to a power can do nothing to change the power.
...Just makes me glad I don't use add ons almost ever, saves me the full disappointment of this travesty.
@Peanits said they'd be looking into add-ons too however can't change everything in time for the chapter to release.
Don't worry. They'll change it in a year or two when they have time.
Hey it's an incredible addon if you use lightborn in top and people two people try to instablind you. I mean that case literally never occurs but hey.
As a retired Nurse main, I'm not holding my breath.
awesome, we need more useless add-ons to be ######### talked about.
Intentional or not I enjoyed the pun.
"Oh, boy! I can't wait to move 0.2 meters faster when there's a flashlight in my face!"
-No one, ever
It'd be a decent addon actually if it also increased action speed a fair bit, and lasted for like 10 seconds after the flashlight isn't on you. It'd punish pallet blinds a bit by making you break the pallet faster and such. it'd also throw off flashlight save timing, give you a mini Bloodlust 1 if someone's clicking mid-chase at you, etc.
It wouldn't be meta but it'd be worth running if you see several flashlights considering the rest of Hillbilly's addons are also pretty meh.
It still literally has nothing to do with his power.
Why? Why did the devs think this was a good idea? What made them go "Now this is what the hell I'm talking about"? What was their response when they saw it get received with nothing but hate? I swear these devs are gonna give me an aneurysm.
quite a few addons don't.
How someone thought it was a good enough idea to even consider adding to the game baffles me. Its rarity just adds to my confusion.
At least it's only green. Freddy has a purple addon that causes hemorrhage for crying out loud. (If it came with a built-in bloodhound so brighter blood visibility I think it might be worth the rarity since it'd be a perk slot as an addon but it doesn't.)
Do name a few, cause I don't recall an add-on that does literally nothing to the Power itself.
there are quite a few with bare minimum connections, and i will agree thsoe do absolutely nothing to do with his power. but things like the terror radius addons for doctor/deathslinger don't have anything to do with their power (though they do directly benefit from the changes.)
there are also some like wraiths addons which alter his break speed/movement speed in power, or freddys addons which are literally just free slowdown and have nothing do to with his traps. i was thinking of those though i guess they all atleast tie into the killer in some way, or have some downside/upside tied to them and the killers power.
Edit: also any addon that gives mangled status effect on hit. thats just a replacement for sloppy butcher through the power, and like yeah i guess.
All of those still use the Killer's power, one way or another. Mother's Helpers and Black Grease don't. Even Leatherface's new budget Franklin's Demise / Knockout add-ons both require chainsaw hits to work.
i mean both effect the killers powers now anyways. so the arguement is invalid hahahaha
@CrowFoxy they have been changed both of them
mothers helpers decreases chainsaw charge time after being stunned by a pallet for 30s
black grease decreases rate of cooling when a flashlight is shon on you.
(black grease is still to situational, but is a lot better) (mothers helpers is now basically old sparkplug or whatnot, good for countering pallet drops with enduring, to increase charge speed during a chase, by intentionally tanking a stun and auto breaking with enduring (you keep your charge when stunned) and faster charge speed, then catching up and using faster charge speed.)
Wait, they were changed?
I want the devs to answer what their thought process is on this addon during the next Q&A. There's no way they can explain a logical reason for running this addon & keep a straight face. If any one of the devs can give me any reason how this addon is effective, then I won't ever question their choices in coming up with addon/perk ideas.
Checked in-game. Seems like they have been changed but I don't see patch notes mentioning it anywhere..
Yea cause they were too lazy to change them.