Change key's

Rework keys please they are not fun to go against because 3 survivors can escape without you even knowing half of time it's unbalanced

Comments

  • Inb4 "Rework mories, they can remove a player in half of time is unbalanced”

  • Keys are not a problem, I believe.

    Hatch is the problem, since it can be found during the match by one of SWF team and they can let others know where it is.

    Hide (don't render) hatch until after the gates are powered and open it only after all generators are done.

    This would eliminate annoying premature game ending by escaping in the middle of the match. This will keep fun moments, like if you have a key -- you can open hatch (if it was closed by killer).

  • They should increase the amount of gems to be done or survivors dead.

    Its 5 gens for everyone now.

    Its 4 Gens for 3 people and a Dead Guy

    Its 3 Gens for 2 Alive people and 2 Dead people.

    And the rest don’t matter. If they made it

    Endgame collapse for everyone.

    I feel like the amount of commitment and pressure would mean less people would want to try and SWF 4 man hatch it.

  • @LethalPugy said:

    They should increase the amount of gems to be done or survivors dead.

    Its 5 gens for everyone now.

    Its 4 Gens for 3 people and a Dead Guy

    Its 3 Gens for 2 Alive people and 2 Dead people.

    And the rest don’t matter. If they made it

    Endgame collapse for everyone.

    I feel like the amount of commitment and pressure would mean less people would want to try and SWF 4 man hatch it.

    Wait I'm kind of confused. If a four man SWF wants to do a key escape, all five gens have to be done. When I play 4 man SWF we pretty much only bring a key if we are having a problem that night with EVERYONE bringing a mori and tunneling off first hook with it.


    Also, it's my opinion that as long as iridescent moris stay the same, keys unfortunately should stay the same. I have had the satisfaction of completely dipping with one other teammate after we carefully did enough gens (3, if just 2 people left) to make it out against a tunneling, first hook mori'ing killer. I feel bad using a key against a killer who has played fair the whole match (but if my random teammate in solo queue gestures to me to follow them and then they open the hatch, I'm NOT staying LMFAO I'm GOOOOOONE), but it feels VERY nice to deny someone being annoying with a mori those last two kills.


    OTHERWISE, I'm not a huge fan of keys. But I don't think they are THAT big of a problem. Killer side has bs, survivor side has bs. That's just the nature of this game, the way I see it.

  • OP -- hell no!

    Keys are already getting a nerf with the Franklin's changes.

    There should be no more changes to keys until moris are addressed.

    End of story!

  • @EmpireWinner said:

    Inb4 "Rework mories, they can remove a player in half of time is unbalanced”

    Somebody got their feelings hurt

  • @Splinterverse said:

    OP -- hell no!

    Keys are already getting a nerf with the Franklin's changes.

    There should be no more changes to keys until moris are addressed.

    End of story!

    Ah yes, Franklins. So you can pick your key right up again?

  • Moris And keys and anything really that ends a game prematurely are stupid design choices and have no place outside of a custom game

    dont @ me

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476964#Comment_1476964

    Ah yes, Franklins. So you can pick your key right up again?

    Not if the killer camps it. And if the key isn't picked up in a certain amount of time it goes away. Add to that, nearly every time a mori is used the survivor is tunneled off of first hook. That needs to be fixed before they touch keys or alongside changes to keys.

  • @Splinterverse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1477103#Comment_1477103

    Not if the killer camps it. And if the key isn't picked up in a certain amount of time it goes away. Add to that, nearly every time a mori is used the survivor is tunneled off of first hook. That needs to be fixed before they touch keys or alongside changes to keys.

    Yeah, camp they key for 100 seconds and 3 gens will fly. Why bring up moris when we're discussing keys in this thread?

  • @Splinterverse said:

    OP -- hell no!

    Keys are already getting a nerf with the Franklin's changes.

    There should be no more changes to keys until moris are addressed.

    End of story!

    Couldn't agree more. Remember when Ruin got changed and it took several more months to nerf toolboxes? Yeah, that's what happens when they do one side at a time. Mass, rapid exodus.

  • there really does need to be some kind of unlocking animation. It could make a notification when done, and maybe only be open for a limited time?

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476964#Comment_1476964

    Couldn't agree more. Remember when Ruin got changed and it took several more months to nerf toolboxes? Yeah, that's what happens when they do one side at a time. Mass, rapid exodus.

    That's not an adequate comparison. When Ruin was nerfed, you already had many other slowdown perks available including Ruin, which is still widely used today.

    Moris encourage tunneling off of first hook. Literally every match you play with a mori, they tunnel for that stupid animation. It needs to be changed alongside keys or before. Period.

  • @Splinterverse said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1479272#Comment_1479272

    That's not an adequate comparison. When Ruin was nerfed, you already had many other slowdown perks available including Ruin, which is still widely used today.

    Moris encourage tunneling off of first hook. Literally every match you play with a mori, they tunnel for that stupid animation. It needs to be changed alongside keys or before. Period.

    I'm sorry, did you think I was comparing Ruin and Keys? Or Ruin and Mori's? I was looking at what happens when you remove 1 broken toy without removing the other.

    If you remove either keys or mori's, people will ######### and complain that their broken toys are gone but that the other side still has theirs. In fact, you just proved my point. You're so touchy about the subject that, after I agreed WITH YOU that they both need to go, you felt the need to attack me and completely ignore what I said. Even the fact that you said mori's need to be changed "alongside OR BEFORE" is a wonderful indicator. Did you want several months of free escapes with that side of entitlement? Or would you rage quit if they changed keys months before Mori's, as I suggested many people would?