Sick of other survivors kiting the killer into me. Can I get a perk?

I'd really like a perk that hides my aura from survivors who are in a chase.

Comments

  • Best you can do is bond to see them coming.

  • Also, spine chill.

  • The problem isn't that I don't know they're coming. The problem is that they can SEE me and can follow me where ever I go to make sure the killer finds me too

  • I mean, it's just part of the game dude. Maybe it would be good for you to learn how to deal with being chased better? I don't know, my dude.

  • Griefing is part of the game, and I'm supposed to get better at being greifed??

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466043#Comment_1466043

    This is primarily why I run bond with open handed. So I get a MASSIVE heads up on that one pratt that is leading the killer right to the very gen I have nearly finished repairing.

    Face palm.

    Open Handed works for everyone. If they have Bond and can see you, their Bond will have the same range as yours

  • @Nos37 said:

    Griefing is part of the game, and I'm supposed to get better at being greifed??

    Are you sure they’re doing it on purpose though? I’ve had people message me after matches asking why I ‘brought the killer to them’ when I wasn’t even running an aura perk, so it was completely unintentional.

    As somebody else said, if it’s happening to you enough that it’s bothersome; just use Bond. That should give you more than enough information to be able to stay out of another survivors direct path who’s being chased.

  • After the match I get messages about how useless I was, so I know it was on purpose.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466061#Comment_1466061

    Thats gonna be an outlier where someone else with Bond is intentionally being a douche. In which case I can just keep running, and know where to run away to and where not to run to.

    Exactly. A 32m range is more than enough to be able to keep your distance from another survivor who’s being chased. After all, you’re both running at the same speed, so it’s not like they can catch up. I would just keep running until they get hit or go down. 😂

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466061#Comment_1466061

    Thats gonna be an outlier where someone else with Bond is intentionally being a douche. In which case I can just keep running, and know where to run away to and where not to run to.

    Its possible OP was doing nothing, or perceived to be doing nothing, which prompted the other guy to lead him to OP

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466087#Comment_1466087

    We shouldn’t speculate on stuff like that, and it’s irrelevant anyway.

    Whether a player perceives another survivor as playing “right” or “wrong” still doesn’t make it ok to kite or sandbag the killer into someone else. It’s never cool.

    I'd argue that the majority of people would be fine with sandbagging the Claudette hiding in basement while you loop the killer for 10mins; as with all thing context does still matter.

  • @SaltedSnow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466096#Comment_1466096

    I'd argue that the majority of people would be fine with sandbagging the Claudette hiding in basement while you loop the killer for 10mins; as with all thing context does still matter.

    Would you consider 85% majority?

    @Nos37 said:

    If I see a survivor only trying to ensure their own survival and not everyone's survival, and feel they aren't up to my standards of helpful or useful, can I just grief them out of the game by failing skill checks on their gens, creating loud notifications using vaults or lockers near them, or getting the killer's attention and kiting the killer to them?

    I mean, I know the game rules state that I cannot grief, but I have good reason and should not be punished, right?

    Game Rules> Temporary Ban> Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse> "Working with the killer to gain an unfair advantage or to grief another player."

    It's not like the following excerpt is easily accessible or posted on the Loading Screens, so how else am I to assume that this 4v1 game is not really a true "team game," and that survivors don't have to make sure everyone escapes, so long as they are not inactive or griefing?

    "The Survivors are a team of 4. They can choose to cooperate or to look out for themselves." - Help & Tutorials> The Game> Assymetry

    85% would disagree with griefing regardless of how the other(s) have played

  • Bond is your best friend for seeing a chase coming your way.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Bond is your best friend for seeing a chase coming your way.

    But if they also have Bond then we would see each other at the same time.

    The best I could do is to run Empathy, Lightweight, and Quick and Quiet; hope they're injured before they get near me; hop into a locker before they do get close; and hope that their SWF buddy isn't on comms ratting out my hiding spot to them.

    Which reminds me: can we also have the ability to opt-out of being spectated by other players?

  • The sample size is too small, and in any case I know if I have yet another coward teammate who won't even do the last generator while I'm being chased for minutes, then I'm going to sell them out so *I* can escape/do the last gen while they're being chased.

  • @Nos37 said:

    Griefing is part of the game, and I'm supposed to get better at being greifed??

    Get a clip. Report them.

    Open a ticket, griefing is a bannable offense.

  • @Nos37 said:

    Griefing is part of the game, and I'm supposed to get better at being greifed??

    People do not do it on purpose all the time, sure sometimes, but majority of times its just someone running to the nearest jungle gym, maybe stop working on a gen 2 meters from someone getting chased - it's somewhat obvious where someone will run if they are being chased near you, working on a gen.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466057#Comment_1466057

    Get a clip. Report them.

    Open a ticket, griefing is a bannable offense.

    What OP describes is not griefing. Please don't encourage people to clog up the support system by creating invalid report tickets.

    @not_Queen said:

    Please remember that Dead by Daylight’s end user license agreement which can be found on https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula (the “EULA”) governs your participation and use of the game and its associated upgrades, patches, and updates and related services. In case of conflict between the EULA and this page, the EULA will prevail.

    Hello, good people of the fog!

    We now have a team Associate Community Managers, as well as an updated in-game report system.
    With your help, we will be able to find the players who are creating a bad game experience and punish them appropriately, making the game a better place.

    HOW TO REPORT A PLAYER

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.
    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.
    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

    Fill the In-game report

    An In-game report MUST be made. This is not optional, and is a must to help us identify the person in your game as well as find any other evidence we need.

    Customer Support ticket?

    • Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses, please refer to the lists below.
    • Whilst you can report offenses directly to our support, please only do so for serious offenses like cheating, hacking, DOX/death threats.

    Discarded reports reasons

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping

    NOTE:
    We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.
    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to the respective authorities.

    PERMANENT BANS

    List of bannable offenses

    Hacking in-game exclusives and / or legacy skins

    The acquiring of any in-game skin through anything other than official channels (ie. codes, giveaways, etc.)
    The possession of legacy skins without earning them. The cutoff to earn legacy skins happened on November 24, 2016. If a player has obtained legacy skins after this date, then it is considered cheating.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Cheated progress / modifying your save file

    We need the profile of the person you are reporting. Reportable via support team.
    Using any 3rd party software or other method to cheat your save file or any measure of progress contained within your save file. This includes using someone else’s save file.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Threats

    Excessive and serious threats against someone, including DOX threats, life threats, disclosing private information, etc.
    You can fill a support ticket to provide more information, Screenshots and video are optional, but highly recommended.
    Reminder: everything that happens out of the game should be reported to the appropriate platform. (ie: Twitch, Discord, Steam, Sony, Microsoft)
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Other Hacks

    In-game report under Unsportsmanlike is MANDATORY
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. We are not banning for the use of communication apps.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    TEMPORARY BAN

    List of bannable offenses

    24h -> 48h -> 1w -> Permanent

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process.

    Any previous permanent bans on your record will result in all future offenses being a permanent ban.

    Harassment: Communications Abuse

    • Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

    • Bloodweb Progress/Prestige Exploit
    • 2+ Killer Exploits

    Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
      For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

    Disconnects are handled by the disconnection penalty system. No further action will be taken on reports.

    BAN APPEALS

    Cannot be appealed

    • Temporary bans
    • Social Media bans/blocks (Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
    • Unofficial Fan sites / Fan groups

    Forum bans: APPEALS

    Please contact one of our Community Coordinators. Their contact info can be found here. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/685031/#Comment_685031

    Permanent bans : APPEALS

    Send a Ticket to support.deadbydaylight.com
    If the ban is an automated EAC ban, please contact EAC directly. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/appeal/

    Console bans

    The rules are the same as the PC bans

    Crossplatform ban evasion

    Players who have violated our rules multiple times leading to permanent bans could get their access revoked on any accounts they make if the player is seen committing bannable offenses after the very first permanent ban. The structure and severity of these bans are followed throughout any platform.

    Abuse of Support Services

    This includes making false support tickets and lying to support agents. Our agents are always here to help the community. However, those making false tickets just to get a step ahead of everyone else and take advantage hinders our ability to better help everyone. Penalties include suspension of your support services, up to a permanent ban of your in-game account.

    Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates

    This is not that as being in a chase is a normal part of the game and the survivor and killer are not working together.

    Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience

    It can be that but only if it happens over multiple games. With the information given here it does not sound like someone is being targeted.

    Shaking off the killer onto another survivor when you are injured is a valid strategy, it gives you time to either heal yourself or find someone who can heal you.

  • Like @anarchy753 said, take Bond. You can see a survivor coming and its easy to tell based on their movement if they’re being chased.

    Also I’m sure most players arent doing it on purpose unless they are playing Claudette. From experience claudette players will purposefully lead the killer to you to save themselves.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466057#Comment_1466057

    Get a clip. Report them.

    Open a ticket, griefing is a bannable offense.

    I already have several open tickets, though it's not like they'll tell us if the ticket's resolved.

    This makes me feel like I'm just wasting my time, as it takes 20-40 mins waiting for the clip to upload to Xbox Live. Then I have to either stick around in the lobby while I wait so that I have their Gamertag(s) on hand for the report submital form, or I have to write their names down (like I had already done with my in-game user ID# because I have to copy/paste it with how many times I've been asked for it in the report), so that I can get into the next match, only for it to happen again (the griefing).

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466707#Comment_1466707

    What OP describes is not griefing. Please don't encourage people to clog up the support system by creating invalid report tickets.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

    Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates

    This is not that as being in a chase is a normal part of the game and the survivor and killer are not working together.

    Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience

    It can be that but only if it happens over multiple games. With the information given here it does not sound like someone is being targeted.

    Shaking off the killer onto another survivor when you are injured is a valid strategy, it gives you time to either heal yourself or find someone who can heal you.

    Yep, and people wonder why their "reports" never get a response, because people are reporting stuff like this as if it is actually griefing.

    Is there even one match where one survivor doesnt get the killer kited near them? THis is every single match.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466707#Comment_1466707

    I already have several open tickets, though it's not like they'll tell us if the ticket's resolved.

    This makes me feel like I'm just wasting my time, as it takes 20-40 mins waiting for the clip to upload to Xbox Live. Then I have to either stick around in the lobby while I wait so that I have their Gamertag(s) on hand for the report submital form, or I have to write their names down (like I had already done with my in-game user ID# because I have to copy/paste it with how many times I've been asked for it in the report), so that I can get into the next match, only for it to happen again (the griefing).

    Because you are not only wasting your time, but clogging up the report function of the game with these bogus accusations.

    The reason its happening often is because it happens almost every single match, survivors get chased, they run to an area, and bam, now you call it griefing. This occurs almost every single match and is not considered griefing in any way.

    LOL

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466863#Comment_1466863

    Because you are not only wasting your time, but clogging up the report function of the game with these bogus accusations.

    The reason its happening often is because it happens almost every single match, survivors get chased, they run to an area, and bam, now you call it griefing. This occurs almost every single match and is not considered griefing in any way.

    LOL

    I only clip and report those who seem to be doing it on purpose. Like literally running up to me and following me step for step, and then messaging me afterwards saying "that's what you get"

    I realize that there are survivors just simply trying to escape the killer, not work with them. They're not my concern. My concern is being spectated or them having an aura reading perk and purposefully trying to get the killer over to me because the killer never found me the whole match and I "haven't had my fair share of being chased by the killer."

    Let me opt out of being spectated by Grief With Friends ("He's a loser, just hiding in a locker and not unhooking or doing gens. You should take the killer over to him so he gets what he deserves.").

    Let the poor survivor being chased find some other rock to scrape the dirt that is the killer off their shoe. Let me hide my aura from them.

    Hell, let me 1v1 the killer in a match without other survivors if the biggest reason I get caught is because of other survivors who play recklessly and grief those who don't.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Like @anarchy753 said, take Bond. You can see a survivor coming and its easy to tell based on their movement if they’re being chased.

    Also I’m sure most players arent doing it on purpose unless they are playing Claudette. From experience claudette players will purposefully lead the killer to you to save themselves.

    Or the opposite, you're playing Claudette, so people run the killer to you because you're crouching next to the hatch waiting for your teammates to die.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466852#Comment_1466852

    Yep, and people wonder why their "reports" never get a response, because people are reporting stuff like this as if it is actually griefing.

    Is there even one match where one survivor doesnt get the killer kited near them? THis is every single match.

    To be fair the report system is awful, there is no feedback system that tells you that your reports are invalid. So people keep making them. As long as you are making the reports in good faith, i.e. not creating obviously false reports, then you won't be banned.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466866#Comment_1466866

    I only clip and report those who seem to be doing it on purpose. Like literally running up to me and following me step for step, and then messaging me afterwards saying "that's what you get"

    Your post above clearly made it sound like it happens to you every match, you literally said "I report and then get into next match, only for it to happen again"

    If you are being grieifed multiple games in a row by strangers, it must be your playstyle or something. The only time I see this done is when the survivor is not doing gens, and hiding in lockers instead of saves etc,... if you are being griefed that often there must be a reason. As posted above, I see it happen to Claudettes mostly, for this very reason.

    Or as I originally said, this is just a normal part of the game and you are taking it personal as if they did it on purpose and most likely did not. In which case, it is not griefing at all.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466866#Comment_1466866

    I only clip and report those who seem to be doing it on purpose. Like literally running up to me and following me step for step, and then messaging me afterwards saying "that's what you get"

    The more you post about this, its almost obvious they are doing it because you arent participating in some actions they wish you would.

    "the biggest reason I get caught is because of other survivors who play recklessly and grief those who don't."

    Playing recklessly or actually helping do non immersive things?

    "("He's a loser, just hiding in a locker and not unhooking or doing gens. You should take the killer over to him so he gets what he deserves.")."

    Seems like they want you to do more for the team, and if you are playing immersed and not going for unhooks etc, that is literally why your team is doing this. Multiple lines in your post above highlight that point.

  • @SaltedSnow

    The sample size is small because it's a poll; it goes in the Polls section, not in the General Discussions section, so no one sees or partakes in it.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466871#Comment_1466871

    The more you post about this, its almost obvious they are doing it because you arent participating in some actions they wish you would.

    "the biggest reason I get caught is because of other survivors who play recklessly and grief those who don't."

    Playing recklessly or actually helping do non immersive things?

    "("He's a loser, just hiding in a locker and not unhooking or doing gens. You should take the killer over to him so he gets what he deserves.")."

    Seems like they want you to do more for the team, and if you are playing immersed and not going for unhooks etc, that is literally why your team is doing this. Multiple lines in your post above highlight that point.

    "You should not be griefing anyone under any circumstances, how about that." - @Seiko300

  • @Nos37 said:

    @SaltedSnow

    The sample size is small because it's a poll; it goes in the Polls section, not in the General Discussions section, so no one sees or partakes in it.

    Didn't know that was a thing, it seems counter-productive for the purpose of polling.

  • Chases like that happen. Kindred is your friend.

    Also I have run the killer into my team more than once, once the other day while running Kindred. I felt terrible and stupid.

    It does happen though. Often not on purpose.

    I feel you.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466907#Comment_1466907

    "You should not be griefing anyone under any circumstances, how about that." - @Seiko300

    Sorry to say that's just not how people work. If I run the killer for 5 minutes and see that a Claude was literally hiding in basement the entire time I'm going to let them take the pressure.

    Someone doing nothing is as good as dead, the least they can do is distract the killer, or (even easier) hold bloody M1 on a gen.