So boring killers are the new trend now...

I would usually put out my own opinion, but first of all, this will die out in 3 days. Second, even if I do, everyone will ignore it and spend 6 pages on why my opinion is wrong, so what is the goddamn point anymore?

Comments

  • @whammigobambam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465060#Comment_1465060

    Freddy can lock down loops so fast you don't have any interaction and patrol gens like none other. Absolute most boring of all.

    Spirit is fun if you have spine chill if not then its guessing games. No fun.

    Legion forces very thrilling gen rush. It's that or heal forever and most likely die of sheer boredom and desperation.

    Doc has his moments I have no complaints aside from the tier 3 slug heal block.

    I'd like to add that ghost face is boring because you're damned if you look at him and you're damned if you don't. Not much to do then but run spine chill (again) and be a wallflower.

    Freddy can only do that against a survivor who doesn't know how to loop a Freddy. This goes back to "sometimes simply running in circles isn't the answer". Legion is annoying, as I said, but has counters. Doc is a non issue. As for Ghostface, I have never had an issue revealing him. So I can't speak on that. I do it pretty much 100% of the time. Spine chill also has more uses than just being a warning perk. It's also key to the vault build, which I love using, by the way.

    As for Spirit, I'll give you spirit. She needs some sort of tell when she goes into her power.

  • The game is boring

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466275#Comment_1466275

    I never said they shouldn't be able to delay but a lot of people seem to believe they should be able to loop killers of equal skill for 3-5 gens which simply put isn't the case.

    The killer is DESIGNED to be able to get you eventually as most of the game's dynamics come from stalling killers in chase for your team to finish generators and doing risk/reward with hook saves.

    Survivor's being untouchable to killers in chase shows a large skill discrepancy rather then balance.

    The game's main dynamic is interacting with the killer and the killer needs to win chases to be able to foster that interaction as if survivors always win interactions of equal skill then the killer CAN NEVER INTERACT WITH THE SURVIVORS.

    If i was chasing survivor on safe pallet to infinte loop to another safe pallet i would agree, But on 50/50 loops and if he mind game me and read my next move every single time, I don't deserve to get him just because 'this is the game rules'.

    If that happen just stop the chase and find someone else less skillfull, Because IT IS 1v4 after all.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465068#Comment_1465068

    If you go up against a killer that counters loops, and you can't use stealth to, you know, avoid being in a chase in the first place, I would posit that you haven't "mastered the mechanics of the game." Almost every killer that counters loops is beaten by stealth. Except for Doctor. Still have trouble figuring out how to counter him.

    Avoiding confrontation is not "mastering" DBD. That's like saying you're good at a Battle Royale because you hide until endgame. And if your argument for something balance is just "don't get chased 4head" then that just proves that it's not balanced lol

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465119#Comment_1465119

    I agree with your point, but the point you're arguing isn't what he's actually saying.

    "I don't get this idea that psychological reads are "boring""

    IE This is not what he's saying.

    You can predict the Deathslingers actions entirely and it won't matter is the point. The time for his aim and shot is quicker than your reaction time possible. If you go through the pallet you get hit and if don't you get hit, either way. It's a lose/lose scenario.

    Note, we are not saying Deathslinger is too strong or OP at all. We are simply pointing out that it is designed in an un interactive game play manner that isn't fun for either side at windows/pallets.

    I even think Deathslinger could use buffs. We just want interactive and fun game play for both sides.


    But the point I'm making is that just because you can't "react" to his ability doesn't mean you can't trick him into missing or firing when he shouldn't. The goal isn't to react to his shot, it's to proactively make him shoot in the wrong direction or not shoot when he should shoot. It's about conditioning his behavior as much as predicting it. It's a different kind of interaction from reacting to the visual cue of something being shot and then dodging it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465080#Comment_1465080

    Yeah it seems you were saying essentially what I was as well.

    I'm not particularly fond of a portal solution though. It feels like a bandaid fix that's kind of out of place to me.

    I'd personally add extra mandatory objectives that slow the game down without just adding more M1 holding to the gens. I also think the average map sizes need to be shrunk down. Many are still much too large.

    I also prefer this solution because I'd rather not fall into the box of being forced to give every single killer a movement ability.

    That's completely fair. I can see how it would be seen as just a band-aid fix, which many people don't like. I would be all for another mandatory objective as well; something small that just adds an extra layer of gameplay. I'm also hopeful the new start-game mechanic coming soon will make games more fair for everyone.

  • @Falkner09 said:

    uh huh. are "boring killers" defined as "killers I lost against because my usual methods dont work on this new one?"

    Cause that's how all the other survivors with this complaint define it.

    Nah they are boring because of the way you have to play against them to win.

    They win every 1v1 so you have to split and gen rush.

    I think you can agree winning by pressing m1 isn't satisfying.

    BHVR added way too many anti stealth perk for it to be a viable way to play. Not like it would be fun for either side to play that way. Who enjoy playing against an immersed squad.

  • Let's be honest that survivors often find killers boring that have any anti-loop abilities. But in my opinion pre nerfed hillbilly and Freddy are where the balance should be. They are threatening in chase and still got reasonable counterplay. Sadly hillbilly got omega nerfs in PTB and even leatherface looked stronger lmao

1 2 ›