When will BP be better on survivor side?

So, I made the mistake of playing survivor tonight for the first time in weeks. Four matches and I was done. Three were hardcore tunnel matches that were absolute snorefests. In one, I did 3.5 gens and 2 totems with an escape and did not even score 13k. What the flying pigs is that?! Because the killer sucks and has to tunnel down two other players, the surviving players get crap bp and at best a black pip? Come on! Give these guys some BP already!

My match making is way faster in the evening as killer. I can toy around and not even try and make 25k in a match. I can get my arse handed to me and make nearly 25k in a match. I was watching people get tunneled out of the matches with less than 8k, even though I know they did a couple gens and got chased 3 times (really fast on the 2 later chases due to not being barely off the hook when downed again).

This is one of the primary reasons I left survivor three years ago. Absolute crap for BP and putting up with constant tunnel/camp. If you get tunneled/camped out, there should be a BP bonus for the hassle. If you are gen-jockying, you get crap for BP. That should not be the case. Gen jockies should get lots of BP as well.

Sorry, I just think this thing is insane. It's why the survivor role is so toxic. The best way to get BP is to bully the killer as much as possible. Gens don't give crap and totems are not much better. I've done 2 gens and 5 totems before getting faced camped out of a game (basement bubba and a lovely lag spike that stuck me in a corner) and left that match with less than 10k. Wow!

Getting tunneled and camped would be a lot less frustrating for people if they were getting more BP for it. I know it helps me as a killer knowing that I can get owned and still get good BP.

Comments

  • @Wylesong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1463134#Comment_1463134

    Why does survivor side only need to max one character but killers need to max 20+?

    I figured both sides need to max all if they want to unlock all perks to be taught to each character? I could be wrong but like I need to max Dwight to unlock his perks so Kate can learn them in her blood web. The same goes for the killer side. I need to max Hag to have her perks on Legion.

    This is completely untrue. First of all, both sides have to invest to get perks. As survivor, you max as many as you want, same as killer. I have 5 killers maxed and will likely never max any others. They are the five I like to run. I know several killer mains who have only one killer maxed because it is the only one they like to run. Nobody HAS to max 20 characters. That is a choice.

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465429#Comment_1465429

    This is completely untrue. First of all, both sides have to invest to get perks. As survivor, you max as many as you want, same as killer. I have 5 killers maxed and will likely never max any others. They are the five I like to run. I know several killer mains who have only one killer maxed because it is the only one they like to run. Nobody HAS to max 20 characters. That is a choice.

    Maybe I misunderstood your statement below:

    "Maybe instead of complaining about not making more BP (EVEN THOUGH SURVIVORS REALISTICALLY ONLY NEED TO MAX OUT ONE CHARACTER WHILE KILLERS NEED TO MAX OUT 20+ WHILE KEEPING A HEALTHY SUPPLY OF ADD-ONS AND SURVIVORS DON'T), you should ask for the grind to not be, I dunno, a grind."

    What is it killers need to max out?

    It was something that @Sairek said

  • @Wylesong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465446#Comment_1465446

    Maybe I misunderstood your statement below:

    "Maybe instead of complaining about not making more BP (EVEN THOUGH SURVIVORS REALISTICALLY ONLY NEED TO MAX OUT ONE CHARACTER WHILE KILLERS NEED TO MAX OUT 20+ WHILE KEEPING A HEALTHY SUPPLY OF ADD-ONS AND SURVIVORS DON'T), you should ask for the grind to not be, I dunno, a grind."

    What is it killers need to max out?

    It was something that @Sairek said

    I think you are referring to someone else's statement? I don't believe I made that statement.

    Killers choose which ones to max out, same as survivors. Some killer players WANT to max out more or all. That is their choice. Killers and survivors need to get all the characters to a certain level to get their perks.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465429#Comment_1465429

    All survivors play the same, so you only need 1 max survivor. Survivors are just skins, but they all play the same. Once you reach level 40 on a survivor, you have all their teachables and there is no need to level them beyond that point unless you just like the way they look and sound. You do not need to teach every single survivor all of the 50+ survivor perks. You just get them to level 40 to get their teachable and that's that.

    Each killer plays and handles differently. Huntress is not the same as Wraith, or Myers. They are more than just skins, and have varyingly different stats and powers and add-ons and all the like. So if you want the full killer experience, you have to level all of them. Beyond 50 to unlock all 50+ perks. On every single character.

    That is pure choice. The "full killer experience " does not require unlocking all killers. I have a full experience with just 5 or 6 unlocked. Why? I've tried the others and did not like playing them. It's all choices.

    As for survivor, they are not all just different skins. Many handle differently. Heck, I can tell you some are way louder and require IW if you want a stealth build. I can hear Jane from a mile away. As my buddy always says, the women are better for stealth builds because they are smaller....except Jane.

  • @Wylesong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462987#Comment_1462987

    Killer is not that hard. I mean I have played many rounds as killer and dont even hook anyone once. I run around fooling around and maybe slug and let the people go and get an easy 15k without trying. How is that hard earning what Survivor side gets while they work and trying. I mean survivor side can do a ton of work and at average get 14-22k. As a killer we can literally run around acting foolish and get that in our sleep. lol

    You are right killer side is harder though if you are a killer who needs to get that 4K every match and the 30+ k BP every match but it is super easy to get what the survivor side gets while they work hard while not trying at all as killer. I still enjoy playing survivor though from time to time. =)

    I didn't say killer was "that hard". I said it was harder than survivor. Which it is. There's no arguing that.

    And because it's harder than the opposing role (says every experienced player literally ever), and more is required of them, they are rewarded better.

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465429#Comment_1465429

    This is completely untrue. First of all, both sides have to invest to get perks. As survivor, you max as many as you want, same as killer. I have 5 killers maxed and will likely never max any others. They are the five I like to run. I know several killer mains who have only one killer maxed because it is the only one they like to run. Nobody HAS to max 20 characters. That is a choice.

    It's a choice, yes, but unlike survivors, killers actually have a unique reason to max out each character. They are all separate characters with separate strategies and abilities. Survivors are just reskins.

  • You realize that is 4 survivors against 1 killer right? And that's why survivors get less BP... Think about it

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465446#Comment_1465446

    It's a choice, yes, but unlike survivors, killers actually have a unique reason to max out each character. They are all separate characters with separate strategies and abilities. Survivors are just reskins.

    I agree, but I don't want to overlook the idea that some survivors do play differently.

    @jisp3r What? I had no clue. Been playing killer for three years and never realized that.

    Try reading through and you will see the very real reason this is an issue.

    Spare the silliness please.

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465765#Comment_1465765

    I agree, but I don't want to overlook the idea that some survivors do play differently.

    @jisp3r What? I had no clue. Been playing killer for three years and never realized that.

    Try reading through and you will see the very real reason this is an issue.

    Spare the silliness please.

    They do play differently, but that's on a per person basis, not a per character basis. A Claudette crouched in a bush, who runs away at the slightest light up of Spine Chill should absolutely be making LESS points than a Nea who isn't afraid to get into a chase. Chasing is work, you get a LOT of points for it if you do it right - and yes, sometimes that requires using pallets.

  • @GingerBeard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462857#Comment_1462857

    Yeah it's unfortunate, definitely seems to stem from the us-vs-them mentality that is so rampant in this community.

    The grind is still insane imo, any way to alleviate it would be welcome in my books, weather it be for survivor or killer. Just so happens that survivors need it more. From my own experience, I can play killer and easily get 25k to 30k BP most games, while as survivor 15k to 22k BP is my usual average.

    Which is totally unfair as the killer represents one side and should be getting far more for having to play against 4 players.

    When I used to play killer there was no way I would play killer without two cups of coffee and having played 3 survivor games.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465670#Comment_1465670

    By that logic, Pig and Pig with DLC clothing is a completely different character because it looks different and the weapon has a different sound effect.

    You may like to play with 5 or 6 characters. That's fine. Many other players however like to play with all of them. You are still, willingly, not playing a good chunk of the killer role. Some people like playing all of the cast, and to keep up with all of the cast, have to level them all to max to get the most out of them. Someone who likes to play whether it be 20 killers, 16 killers, or even just 10 of them, is not going to just level 5 or 6 characters like you do.

    Survivors do not handle differently. That's like saying the blue Z28 Camaro handles differently than the red Z28 Camaro, simply because they are different colors.

    All survivors have the same stats. They all have the same movement pattern, they all have the same pill box size. They all have the same controls. They all interact with the game world the same way as each other. The only difference is how they sound and how they look. That's it. They're skins. The only differences between each of the survivors are purely cosmetic. "Size" doesn't make them play or perform differently. The only issue with sounds is BHVR's inability to fix sounds for the past few years and nothing more. It's no more intentional than survivors not making noises when downed on the ground, injured, falling noises, lack of screaming, and having silent footsteps, while generators make zero noises when being half completed or even in the midst of being repaired.

    Try hiding behind a tree with Jeff as opposed to doing it with Feng and come talk to me after that. I'll spot a Jeff or a Jake long before a Feng or Meg just due to size and how much they stick out from things. You completely ignored the fact that I stated killers are absolutely functionally different where as survivors have slight differences.

    It still comes down to choice as far as what killers you WANT to max out. I've killer for 3 years and stick to a handful, you may have been killer for less time and want them all. It's a choice, nothing more.

    The best part is that none of it matters in this debate. You are talking apples to oranges. Survivors should get more BP for objective driven achievements. DbD awards less for completing objectives than for looping a killer. It hurts absolutely nobody to up the BP rewards for survivor. No way someone should play a match, with a crappy killer who only focused on killing one target, finish gens and escape with crap BP. Survivor role fully depends on an engaging killer in order to get good BP.

  • Survivors sit on a gen and stealth then wonder why no points.

    LOL

    Im a killer main and if youre not hitting over 20k as a surv, you arent doing enough as teammate, period.

    I play surv every day and usually outscore my team, because all they do is gen and then die. They cant run the killer, dont do totems, then wonder why the match falls apart. You gotta get chased to balance out the killers time, theres 4 categories in the emblems, not just one.

  • Bring it on, if survivors get equal bp to killer with minimal effort, i will never need to touch killer again!

  • @DeadHardMan said:

    This wouldn't really be an issue if BHR decided to buff WGLF since it's the survivor equivalent of BBQ.

    Totally not true, it is in fact, easier to get stacks on WGLF. You can literally get 2-3 stacks during one unhook. Buffing WGLF to have auras would not have any impact on the generation of points.

    BBQ you need to find, chase, down then hook a survivor, WGLF you just get hit and bam you doubling your points. It doesnt even require you to do anything, you get hit regardless in every match so it literally requires, ZERO SKILL.

    Your argument is totally invalid. Using your logic, we should require WGLF users to win the chase before getting a proc if we were to make WGLF like BBQ, you will have requirements.

  • @Pryzm said:

    So, I made the mistake of playing survivor tonight for the first time in weeks. Four matches and I was done. Three were hardcore tunnel matches that were absolute snorefests. In one, I did 3.5 gens and 2 totems with an escape and did not even score 13k. What the flying pigs is that?! Because the killer sucks and has to tunnel down two other players, the surviving players get crap bp and at best a black pip? Come on! Give these guys some BP already!

    My match making is way faster in the evening as killer. I can toy around and not even try and make 25k in a match. I can get my arse handed to me and make nearly 25k in a match. I was watching people get tunneled out of the matches with less than 8k, even though I know they did a couple gens and got chased 3 times (really fast on the 2 later chases due to not being barely off the hook when downed again).

    This is one of the primary reasons I left survivor three years ago. Absolute crap for BP and putting up with constant tunnel/camp. If you get tunneled/camped out, there should be a BP bonus for the hassle. If you are gen-jockying, you get crap for BP. That should not be the case. Gen jockies should get lots of BP as well.

    Sorry, I just think this thing is insane. It's why the survivor role is so toxic. The best way to get BP is to bully the killer as much as possible. Gens don't give crap and totems are not much better. I've done 2 gens and 5 totems before getting faced camped out of a game (basement bubba and a lovely lag spike that stuck me in a corner) and left that match with less than 10k. Wow!

    Getting tunneled and camped would be a lot less frustrating for people if they were getting more BP for it. I know it helps me as a killer knowing that I can get owned and still get good BP.

    You have to learn how to not get caught. It's a challenging skill. Additionally, you have to learn how to max your survival score, which is the most difficult of the four survivor score types.

  • @andyollolloll said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464415#Comment_1464415

    Which is totally unfair as the killer represents one side and should be getting far more for having to play against 4 players.

    When I used to play killer there was no way I would play killer without two cups of coffee and having played 3 survivor games.

    Sorry but did you mean to say fair instead of unfair? I believe you did but I could just be failing at comprehension, just got off work and i'm tired.

    I can see the point people are trying to make when they say that killers should earn more due to the fact its one player facing off against four other players. I just disagree, well to an extent at least.

    From my experience, playing survivor just doesn't net enough on average compared to how much BP you need for the grind. Killer has it better, which is why anytime I need BP I wont touch survivor. I would be fine with that fact killers can average more points if it didn't feel like a waste of time playing survivor for BP. For example, if I play survivor and could average what I tend to get as killer, which is 25k to 30k, but as a killer I could now average 35k to 40k, I would be fine with that. I just feel like earning around 20k or less is just too small for how many points you need, and unfortunately for me that is usually what I expect to earn as survivor.

    On another note, I mostly prefer playing killer. Unlike most, I find killer to be more relaxing. This is probably due to the fact that I don't aim for kills but points instead, and survivors don't have the tools to ruin my experience nearly as much as a killer can. So for me, survivor is harder for me play while also getting less BP, though I do still enjoy it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Survivor BP is fine.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OXW5O1DZ6W8W/image.png

    Totems give 1,000 BP in 14 seconds (1,500 BP if it's a hex). Generators give 1250 (without skill checks) in 80 seconds. I don't know why you think totem BP is crap.

    tbh its almost impoosiible to get survivaly high

  • @Pryzm said:

    So, I made the mistake of playing survivor tonight for the first time in weeks. Four matches and I was done. Three were hardcore tunnel matches that were absolute snorefests. In one, I did 3.5 gens and 2 totems with an escape and did not even score 13k. What the flying pigs is that?! Because the killer sucks and has to tunnel down two other players, the surviving players get crap bp and at best a black pip? Come on! Give these guys some BP already!

    My match making is way faster in the evening as killer. I can toy around and not even try and make 25k in a match. I can get my arse handed to me and make nearly 25k in a match. I was watching people get tunneled out of the matches with less than 8k, even though I know they did a couple gens and got chased 3 times (really fast on the 2 later chases due to not being barely off the hook when downed again).

    This is one of the primary reasons I left survivor three years ago. Absolute crap for BP and putting up with constant tunnel/camp. If you get tunneled/camped out, there should be a BP bonus for the hassle. If you are gen-jockying, you get crap for BP. That should not be the case. Gen jockies should get lots of BP as well.

    Sorry, I just think this thing is insane. It's why the survivor role is so toxic. The best way to get BP is to bully the killer as much as possible. Gens don't give crap and totems are not much better. I've done 2 gens and 5 totems before getting faced camped out of a game (basement bubba and a lovely lag spike that stuck me in a corner) and left that match with less than 10k. Wow!

    Getting tunneled and camped would be a lot less frustrating for people if they were getting more BP for it. I know it helps me as a killer knowing that I can get owned and still get good BP.

    The only thing survivors would need is a small buff to WGLF to make it kind of similiar to BBQ and some more ways to get survival points.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464256#Comment_1464256

    Totally not true, it is in fact, easier to get stacks on WGLF. You can literally get 2-3 stacks during one unhook. Buffing WGLF to have auras would not have any impact on the generation of points.

    BBQ you need to find, chase, down then hook a survivor, WGLF you just get hit and bam you doubling your points. It doesnt even require you to do anything, you get hit regardless in every match so it literally requires, ZERO SKILL.

    Your argument is totally invalid. Using your logic, we should require WGLF users to win the chase before getting a proc if we were to make WGLF like BBQ, you will have requirements.

    You only get stacks by safely unhooking your teammates and taking protection hits.That's the completely opposite of doing nothing.

    He/She just meant that both Perks are similiar because they increase your bloodpoint gain.So i don't see any reason as to not give WGLF an additional side effect like BBQ.

    Remember,buffing WGLF could mean 1 less meta perk per survivor.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467035#Comment_1467035

    You only get stacks by safely unhooking your teammates and taking protection hits.That's the completely opposite of doing nothing.

    He/She just meant that both Perks are similiar because they increase your bloodpoint gain.So i don't see any reason as to not give WGLF an additional side effect like BBQ.

    Remember,buffing WGLF could mean 1 less meta perk per survivor.

    Thnat would be fine in a discussion about perk balance, but this thread is about bloodpoints *points to title*

    What I replied to was a statement saying less BP wouldnt "matter iof they buffed WGLF like BBQ" which I stated would have no increase in bloodpoints, which is what tyhe thread is about.

    If you guys want to discuss perk balance, thats one thing, but this thread is about bloopoint balancing, which is why my point still stands in this discussion because giving WGLF auras, has nothing to do with bloodpoint balance.

    ps getting hit is not really doing something. As I said, maybe we should require survivor escape chase to get the stack, then that is doing something.,

  • @Nickeh said:

    I'm just amazed at the amount of people so against increasing bloodpoint gains for someone at absolutely no detriment to their own gains.

    It's mind-blowing isn't it? "Killers just HAVE to earn more BPs" "why?" "Because they're the harder role!" ...like what? Who cares if it's harder to play killer or not when the change would not affect their BP earnings in any way?

    A lot of killer mains don't want an "us Vs them" situation in the community but then they have an attitude as ######### as this towards something so unimportant and meaningless.

  • I wish generators, the main objective, were more rewarding. Only 1k for doing them. Survivors should fight for them. Now we fight only for unhooks. Farming my team doesnt feel good.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467209#Comment_1467209

    I would have to disagree with that. Escaping and wiggling/struggling on hook alone can net you near 6,000 points. +1,000 more if you escape as obsession. I will agree however that's it almost impossible to cap out the category, though.

    Maybe they could add another event like when a survivor recovers from the downed state, with more points based on the longer the survivor was downed for. If someone managed to escape the killer's sight while being downed and manages to crawl to help after 2+ minutes, they should probably get rewarded for that (and I've seen some really smart Tenacity plays). Such an event is also the epitome of fighting for your survival as well when you come back from literally bleeding out to death on the ground.

    Though as I said before, I don't think category caps should exist in the first place. They could remove the 8k category cap (for both roles) and just implement a 32k blood point cap in general. That would probably raise the average survivor BP after matches alone a little bit (possibly for both sides, really), without outright just making blood points easier to get, as survivors who save 5+ teammates or do 80% of the generators or get chased for 10 minutes, still get rewarded for it. Then survival BP in general would be less of an issue since it wouldn't matter much anyway.

    This. It's crazy that there's a cap on categories when you have absolutely no control over whether your teammates are gonna endlessly rush towards the killer and you're gonna be stuck doing solely gens and unhooks.

1 2 ›