How Would You Feel About An SCP Chapter?

Most people seem to be fine with it, but I wanna know what you guys think. I'll probably make a chapter concept when I feel like it.

Edit:My dumbass put in the option to not know SCP but never decided to give an explanation as to what it is. Within the website's fictional setting, the SCP Foundation is a secret organization entrusted by governments around the globe to contain and study anomalous individuals, entities, locations, objects, and phenomena operating outside the bounds of natural law. These vary in threat level; It can be a monster capable of killing humanity (SCP-682), It can be a be a statue that kills you when not looking a it (SCP-173), or it can be a toaster that makes you think your a toaster (SCP-426). Thats the best I can give you. If you want something more in depth I give you this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6QVvBIBZLc (Its a little long, but it gives you everything you need to know.)

Comments

  • I love SCP, but legally it's in grey water and would be more trouble than it's worth. There'd be a lot of hoops to jump through, even without the Andrey Duskin situation.

  • @Awkward_Fiend said:

    I love SCP, but legally it's in grey water and would be more trouble than it's worth. There'd be a lot of hoops to jump through, even without the Andrey Duskin situation.

    Yeah thats fair, SCP is a very strange case. I have looked at the creative commons license a lot though. And I can't see too much standing in the devs way. It seems to have a few specifications. The first one being that credit is given to the original creator, which doesn't seem to be to big a problem. The second is where It gets confusing, It states that you are allowed to sell stuff if you give credit, but only merchandising is mentioned. Games are also mentioned, but is presented as an alternative and it requires that you make the source code to your game public; which is obviously off the table. It states that everything is fine if free. So that gives 2 potential options from what I can tell. 1. The devs release it and give credit, it can only be bought with blood points, this works with the free option. 2. The devs give credit and it can be bought with money or blood points, this is under the assumption you can sell stuff if you give credit. The Andrey Duskin situation doesn't matter to much, the case is likely to be handled within the year and he is almost definitely going to lose, not to mention the devs would easily be able to shut the trademark BS down fast, considering they're a decently big company. Either way, its a whole lot harder than other licences, which is unfortunately why its far less likely than everything else.

  • I honestly don't Know the story of SCP well enough to want a chapter on it

  • @Brandovirus said:

    I honestly don't Know the story of SCP well enough to want a chapter on it

    Thats fair. There isn't really a story, the closest your gonna get is the games.

  • Bruh, the things that are in SCP, stays in SCP.

  • I don't think it's iconic enough, plus which scp?

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    I don't think it's iconic enough, plus which scp?

    Your right, it isn't nearly as well known as most other big licenses, thats why most people would want it later down the line. As for the SCP itself, my concept would be that you play as 106 but can release some others as the trial progresses.

  • I'd like to see it, but you can't deny it'd be a bit hard to do. there are a ton of different SCPs, which one would they go with? I think SCP 173 is probably the most well-known one, but also the hardest one to implement.

  • @BirdFlox said:

    I'd like to see it, but you can't deny it'd be a bit hard to do. there are a ton of different SCPs, which one would they go with? I think SCP 173 is probably the most well-known one, but also the hardest one to implement.

    It would certainly be a challenge, I have made a concept for how I think it could work if you feel like reading it. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/177680/scp-concept-chapter#latest

  • It would be interesting seen SCP 049 on the game

    His power would be interesting like this

    Instead an active power a pasive one, he can hit one survivor and for an amount of time or like pig, putting some way of getting his ability off the survivor, that survivor he hitted will show the aura of any survivor near the survivor on an X amount of meter and if you hook and kill the marked survivor he can see the aura of the survivors for an X amount of time

  • its a creepypasta or something like that?

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    its a creepypasta or something like that?

    I'm assuming you read the brief explanation about what it is up top. Its a website based around people posting horror stories. The games made it popular. Think of it like creepypasta but with actual quality control.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1560583#Comment_1560583

    I'm assuming you read the brief explanation about what it is up top. Its a website based around people posting horror stories. The games made it popular. Think of it like creepypasta but with actual quality control.

    cool, so it's like area 51, but with terror?

  • Pretty much yeah, albeit on a grander scale.

  • I don't really know anything about SCP and I'd rather we got other stuff first, but if the devs ever want to bring it into the game I'll be ok with that. I'll basically support any horror franchise being introduced into the game as long as there are people who want it here! No matter how uninteresting it may seem to me, a franchise being brought into DBD can mean the world to its fans the same way that the Silent Hill chapter meant the world to me... If that makes sense?

  • I'd prefer they get a real license, rather than trying to make someone's 15 min fanfic anything more than it is.

  • @CalamityJane said:

    I'd prefer they get a real license, rather than trying to make someone's 15 min fanfic anything more than it is.

    Hundreds of thousands of people have wrote stories on that site, not just stories, whole species and creepy pastas. A group of people with scary thoughts made a universe that is simply amazing. Not quite a 15 minute fan fic.

  • @CalamityJane said:

    I'd prefer they get a real license, rather than trying to make someone's 15 min fanfic anything more than it is.

    That is a gross oversimplification of SCP, ignoring the countless hours of hard work people have put into making them, and the countless hours spent refining them. And the countless hours spent making games like SCP Blackout. So unless this is bait, you really shouldn't act like you know something you know very little about.