Why's everyone mad about the billy changes?

Never really played much billy, can someone explain what they did to him that's making everyone so upset?

Comments

  • I'm not a billy main but I think the reason people are upset is they are nerfing him when it is uncalled for. They went too far with the Nurse rework but they at least had probable cause for that. Even both sides agreed 5X blink nurse needed to be removed but then they had to mess with her base kit. Which was perfect before. No one said Billy was broken so why is he being adjusted? Billy damn near sets the standard for what a strong killer should be. Powerful, not too difficult to pick up but hard to master, great pressure, built in one shot. The fact he is getting nerfed when there are other serious issues feels insulting. Whoever they had working on Billy's rework, why couldn't those people have been told to work on MM?

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I'm not a billy main but I think the reason people are upset is they are nerfing him when it is uncalled for. Billy damn near sets the standard for killers. Powerful, not too difficult to pick up but hard to master, great pressure, built in one shot. The fact he is getting nerfed when they are way more serious issues feels insulting.

    Thing is though for me is that he felt TOO easy to pick up, and his one-shot required no build up or effort. His balance was also skewed because, yes he was balanced in the pip system BUT that was because he got more Devout and less Chaser. More kills/hooks, but less hits to achieve them.


    This change does also allow for more variety of add-ons and an easier time balancing him.

  • They nerfed a killer who was already balanced.. Unforgivable..

  • It was so uncalled for. Who in the hell complains about Billy? I hear plenty of complaints about other killers but Billy has been known to be balanced for a long time. The nerf was a waste of time on Behavior's part and will only alienate older killer mains even more

  • Because Hillbilly was the most balanced killer in the game, and BHVR, as they typically do, lies through their teeth when they say "We're happy with how Billy performs", and "the changes we made to his base kit are very minor".

  • Alright, from what I can understand, they basically ruined a perfectly fine killer.

    I can agree that going against him is a little annoying because of his one shot, but I love how knowing he could pop up out of nowhere on an open map feels.


    Is it still possible for him to jump out of nowhere cross-map?

  • Because normally they rework or buff a killer. Its rare they make a major change thats nothing but nerfs.

    When they do, the mains of that side cry salt. Its pretty simple

  • because it is the second proud installment of BHVR's "we're just gonna look at the add-ons". Where they say one killer is only getting an add-on change, just to get ######### bodied. At this point we can only bet on who's the third one.

  • @YaiPa said:

    because it is the second proud installment of BHVR's "we're just gonna look at the add-ons". Where they say one killer is only getting an add-on change, just to get ######### bodied. At this point we can only bet on who's the third one.

    It's going to be Huntress. Mark my words.

    Incoming overheat mechanic to hatchets.

    @II_KURO_II said:

    Alright, from what I can understand, they basically ruined a perfectly fine killer.

    I can agree that going against him is a little annoying because of his one shot, but I love how knowing he could pop up out of nowhere on an open map feels.

    Is it still possible for him to jump out of nowhere cross-map?

    It's only annoying if you don't know how to loop him.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459400#Comment_1459400

    It's going to be Huntress. Mark my words.

    Incoming overheat mechanic to hatchets.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459397#Comment_1459397

    It's only annoying if you don't know how to loop him.

    yeah, i'm not the best at looping properly, i'll admit that

  • @II_KURO_II said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459403#Comment_1459403

    yeah, i'm not the best at looping properly, i'll admit that

    All you have to remember is - small loops, and jungle gyms are his kryptonite.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    They're basically doing the Nurse rework on him. Slapping a cooldown on something and calling it a day isn't great.

    Cooldowns on killers are incredibly boring, restrictive, and it will murder flick Billy, which was skillful to do. In their attempts at raising the skill ceiling on Billy, they completely butchered his skill ceiling at the same time.

    Doesn't help that most of the add-ons are a complete and utter joke. Add-ons that are too strong are bad. Add-ons that are useless are also bad.

    I do agree that Billy was a bit too easy to pick up (even though I sure as hell couldn't do it), but this is just another balance change to please the casuals. It was not out of the question for me to be able to loop Billy for over 5 minutes consistently -- because I knew how to position myself properly. Most people apparently do not. They stand out in the open, don't have a plan of where to go when he approaches, and then go down for it.

    There's a difference between "picking up" and "mastering". Wraith is also easy to pick up. He's trash unless you actually master his kit. Same with Doctor.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459405#Comment_1459405

    All you have to remember is - small loops, and jungle gyms are his kryptonite.

    I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

  • What Billy? Who is Billy?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They're basically doing the Nurse rework on him. Slapping a cooldown on something and calling it a day isn't great.

    Cooldowns on killers are incredibly boring, restrictive, and it will murder flick Billy, which was skillful to do. In their attempts at raising the skill ceiling on Billy, they completely butchered his skill ceiling at the same time.

    Doesn't help that most of the add-ons are a complete and utter joke. Add-ons that are too strong are bad. Add-ons that are useless are also bad.

    I do agree that Billy was a bit too easy to pick up (even though I sure as hell couldn't do it), but this is just another balance change to please the casuals. It was not out of the question for me to be able to loop Billy for over 5 minutes consistently -- because I knew how to position myself properly. Most people apparently do not. They stand out in the open, don't have a plan of where to go when he approaches, and then go down for it.

    I play the game pretty casually, but I'd rather get completely ######### bodied by a good killer than have everyone be nerfed into the ground.

    Forces you to learn to play better, and I like that.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459400#Comment_1459400

    It's going to be Huntress. Mark my words.

    Incoming overheat mechanic to hatchets.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459397#Comment_1459397

    It's only annoying if you don't know how to loop him.

    yeah, I'm pretty sure. She has dumb add-ons, like iri head+infantry belt or the 90 seconds exhaustion, so she'll get eventually looked on. Her arm would sore after 2 consecutive hatchet throws, forcing you to wait like 15 seconds.

  • @YaiPa said:

    because it is the second proud installment of BHVR's "we're just gonna look at the add-ons". Where they say one killer is only getting an add-on change, just to get ######### bodied. At this point we can only bet on who's the third one.

    Not to mention it's just a waste of time. Behavior could have spent their time fixing legion or clown but instead they devoted resources to pointlessly nerfing Billy. How disconnected can the devs possibly be from their community?

  • @YaiPa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459403#Comment_1459403

    yeah, I'm pretty sure. She has dumb add-ons, like iri head+infantry belt or the 90 seconds exhaustion, so she'll get eventually looked on. Her arm would sore after 2 consecutive hatchet throws, forcing you to wait like 15 seconds.

    The only thing I would want different about Huntress is that combo, the rest of her is really fun to go against and play as.

  • @II_KURO_II said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459413#Comment_1459413

    The only thing I would want different about Huntress is that combo, the rest of her is really fun to go against and play as.

    just as it was fun to go against every billy but crack billy/instasaw, or just like it was fun to go against every nurse but omega blink/5 blink nurse, but you know how things evolved.

  • Speculation but this was done because behaviour seems to have this design philosophy that every killer should have a cd. Examine nurse as prime example. Look at freddys rework with teleport cd. They probably would have an easier time doing this to spirit but since they were reworking bubba billy got moved up on the needs a cd design philosophy. I dread to imagine what wraith is going to look like. I'd argue that billy greatest strength was also his greatest weakness. The chainsaw holds the entire character together he has no other means of attack don't get me wrong its great but the saws flexibility was hard to take advantage of and as a result any changes to his saw would irreparably damages the power of this killer. As long as windows and pallets continue to exist billy will always have counterplay and putting a cd on his saw is bang out of order. Nobody in the community asked or wanted this. Behavior could have gotten a better reception if they had some form of compensation for billy but those add ons look awful. If it works don't fix it.

  • @Zarathos said:

    Speculation but this was done because behaviour seems to have this design philosophy that every killer should have a cd. Examine nurse as prime example. Look at freddys rework with teleport cd. They probably would have an easier time doing this to spirit but since they were reworking bubba billy got moved up on the needs a cd design philosophy. I dread to imagine what wraith is going to look like. I'd argue that billy greatest strength was also his greatest weakness. The chainsaw holds the entire character together he has no other means of attack don't get me wrong its great but the saws flexibility was hard to take advantage of and as a result any changes to his saw would irreparably damages the power of this killer. As long as windows and pallets continue to exist billy will always have counterplay and putting a cd on his saw is bang out of order. Nobody in the community asked or wanted this. Behavior could have gotten a better reception if they had some form of compensation for billy but those add ons look awful. If it works don't fix it.

    It sucks to take the good with the bad. A much-needed Bubba buff with a pointless Billy nerf. I guess Behavior can only do so much for killer before survivor mains complain. I mean if we really need to nerf killers why not start with the ones people actually complain about like Spirit.

  • @InsidiousSmartfaceLF said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459427#Comment_1459427

    It sucks to take the good with the bad. A much-needed Bubba buff with a pointless Billy nerf. I guess Behavior can only do so much for killer before survivor mains complain. I mean if we really need to nerf killers why not start with the ones people actually complain about like Spirit.

    Because that would make sense.

  • The devs themselves said he was fine, but nerfed him anyway.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I'm not a billy main but I think the reason people are upset is they are nerfing him when it is uncalled for. Billy damn near sets the standard for killers. Powerful, not too difficult to pick up but hard to master, great pressure, built in one shot. The fact he is getting nerfed when they are way more serious issues feels insulting.

    its the exact same story we had with nurse, actually:

    everyone agreed that basekit nurse / billy is fine.

    everyone agreed the Add Ons were busted and needed a change.


    the devs proceed to gut their Add Ons - fair enough, they were perfectly viable without them anyway. its just sad that they are all useless, outright a downgrade to the base power or super situational now.

    the devs also proceed to gut their base power, which literally NO ONE asked for. now we have literally nothing - we can at best TRY to get them to the point where they were previously (Add On less), by running double high level Add Ons that counteract the unwanted new downside to the power.


    i dont think they learned anything from the nurse changes back then. i really, REALLY dont think so.

  • I'm annoyed because of all of the reasons above and because the devs are putting in the stupidest sound before he begins a chainsaw dash. Like, why?????

  • The only thing that needed changing was the insta-saw, everything else was arguably fine.

  • He was perfectly fine and balanced yet devs decided to do their "No one asked for this but we're still implementing it" hotfix on one of the game mechanics.