Q & A Thoughts
This is a rather long post, but bear with me, I really want to hear your opinions on it.
I'm always looking forward to the next Q&A because we can get a lot of great info on what's coming in the future, more so since they changed the format and now they answer questions every full moon. This time was not different, but as soon as I started hearing the suggestions for the next patches, well, it felt rather dissappointing, like some sort of bad joke.
Killers have complained for the longest time that gens are done too quickly, and that survivors need some other objectives to stretch the match a bit, so the Devs answer to that was buffing Sabo so that they "invest more time not doing gens", and nerf slugging by allowing survivors to heal faster and up to 95% while on the ground.
That just feels wrong in many ways, for starters buffing the Sabotage mechanic won't guarantee that survivors will spend less time doing gens, it only means that they have exactly the same objectives as before and now have a stronger tool to prevent the killer from hanging people. Then they thought "Hey, if everyone is breaking hooks the slug meta will come into play in no time, and everyone knows that being in the ground for 5 minutes is not fun, so let's make it a bit better on survivors" and so, they also proposed the idea of nerfing the only way to counter the lack of hooks. In short, it means that the Devs want to buff a mechanic that is very annoying for killers and then take away some of their power to counter it.
After that, someone pointed to the fact that skillchecks are not really skillful at all, and if they were planning on changing it in the future. The answer? "It may not be hard at this point for experienced survivors, but new survivors struggle with it and making it harder will only make things worse" So yeah, they are throwing that out the window for the sake of new players. It can be a small tweak such as changing the speed some times or making the "Great skillcheck" section to appear at the middle or the start of the indicator, like it does in Identity V. But I guess we won't be saying any kind of change on the skillchecks for quite a while.
Sorry for the rant, but this was the first time that I felt dissappointed while looking at a Q&A and just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys. Please share your opinions!
Comments
Well they take the same approach of chases taking to long by nerfing Bloodlust.
Makes sense on rank 15, not so much on rank 1. But since the devs play mainly on low ranks and think it´s best to balance around rank 20...
I honestly think it´s a terrible idea and that this will give survivors even more power than they already have.
Yes, slugging is not really fun and if you are not running Deerstalker then you will struggle finding the downed survivors. However, when they break hooks left and right while you are carrying someone there's not a lot of things you can do to fight back. And you are right on Sabo being weak, but that's the catch, it won't be as weak as it is since you will be able to spend less charges breaking a hook. Besides, that does not counter my argument, I'm not saying survivors will destroy every single hook in the map, I'm saying that the time it takes to repair gens will remain unchanged AND they will also have a stronger mechanic to prevent killers from hooking.
Btw I agree that the time it will take to self care will be pretty significant, however I don't think it justifies the buffs for survivors.
Really? Survivors don´t stalk me anymore with the flashlight? Strange, i could have sworn that my last match had stalkers...
I believe there's some sort of misunderstanding, I don't think hooks will be dropping left and right, I'm talking about situations where you find survivors that feel a little too confident messing with your hooks, in which case one of the few things you can do is slug so that you can chase the others away. In that scenario the survivors will have the upperhand since some of your hooks will be nearly broken while they are able to heal 10% faster and 10% more. In any case I guess I'm just dissappointed with the fact that we ask for more objectives to make the gamne a bit slower and the answer to that is to sabotage hooks.
Slugging is not a ######### mechanic. It is almost the only mechanic that good killers use.
I don't like to be the doom guy but if they really nerf slugging and the slug meta ends, good killers will not play the game anymore. In their wake, other killers will protest too.
The reason why survivors don't like slugging is because it prolongs the game and is a counter play for gen rushing so the survivors are not able to control the game anymore. Crawling on the ground should be more fun than being hooked imo. If you don't like to crawl and rather stay on the hook motionless you can do the same thing on the ground as well. I can't see a problem here.
I must encounter only brain dead killers then. I still manage to flashlight save.
Slugging is the only way to stop genrushing. Sometimes you simply dont have enough time to hook someone and I slugg regularly depending on the situation.
Slugging has nothing to do with the new endgame mechanics btw
Survivors still havent realized that they need to adapt their timing.
Shssh dont tell them
The problem is that those alternative objectivse are ALTERNATIVE. Just like the totems, survivors can simpyl ignore them and complain about NOED then.
Now by buffing sabo and nerfing slugging at the same time (we still ahve to wait how it turns out, but making pickign up a survivor 3 times faster is INSANE) I dont wanna imagine the result tbh.
And just a note, surviors can still ignore hooks completely and do gens as they do now. Then nothign changes lol. The only possibility the devs will create is denying additional hooks for the killer and keep gentime the same, I mean #########?
It is well known that the devs balance the game around beginners but still force us into competitive matchmkaking.
In the end you have to realize that nothing is sent in stone. If these changes make it into the PTB then its time to rant and if they go live, its time to switch to survivor or to another game
We have a flashlight aim category for the olympics?!
With all the fuzz they make, it sure looks like they haven´t even tried. This has to be the third survivor main who doensn´t believe me, when i say i still can flashlight blind.
Well, before they had time to make a coffee, now they have to hurry.
Slugging has helped me in so many situations, if I know a hook is super far away and I have not slugged one person during the whole match. I will usually try to slug if this occurs so than they come in for heals and I get a bunch of free hits off or even another down closer to a hook to save more time and get them off gens.
Other Person: "Then slug the 3rd Survivor and hunt down the 4th."
Killer: "Ok, going to slug..."
Other Person: "Slugging is boring and stupid mechanic"
So they resort to the only thing they know to do: put the devs under pressure.
One day i got tell, i ######### you not : "Why do you feel the NEED to kill us ? Why being so stubborn ? Can't we have fun all together and farm points ? :'o "
And peoples wonder why we can't take survivor mains seriously anymore.
For some reason you seem to be under the mistaken impression that killers only slug to prevent it hatch standoffs.
However most people used it as a very effective tool to get survivors to stop doing gens as they had to go heal their teammate not it's even easier to heal so people are wasting a lot less time.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the suggestion for endgame they put forward doesn't fix hatch standoff.
Hatch would still be a thing and it's still possible for the game to lead to a very annoying stalemate of just staring into each other's eyes.
Honestly at this point I don't care which way they go I just wanted to put an ultimatum in there either let the killer close the hatch already or just take away the option to pull people out.
Hell they already had a good idea for closing the hatch it would power the exit gates meaning the survivor has two extra ways of escaping three if they bring a key. This feature not only gave some relevance to perks like wake up and made hope more appealing but it also give some extra potential to Freddy,Wraith and Amanda as they could have used their powers which are already deadly in endgame.
me and many other killers have won game upon game with slugging, what are you talking about