Plague has a wicked learning curve

Played with the Plague for the first time today, and I had two back-to-back matches where I did better as an m1 killer than using her spit. Her spit doesn't hit nearly as easy as you think it will.

I know it's going to take more time to get better with her, but it's so hard to learn the ins-and-outs of a killer without a practice/single player mode.

Comments

  • She is so fun when you learn good tactics with her. My personal favorite is to vomit on somebody, maybe even two people, but don't follow them beyond that. They're basically a ticking time bomb and either:

    a) give you a free injure, and eventually infect others, repeating the process

    b) give you a free fountain

    You hardly have to chase beyond that first infection.

  • @PassarinoT said:

    She is so fun when you learn good tactics with her. My personal favorite is to vomit on somebody, maybe even two people, but don't follow them beyond that. They're basically a ticking time bomb and either:

    a) give you a free injure, and eventually infect others, repeating the process

    b) give you a free fountain

    You hardly have to chase beyond that first infection.

    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! What I find most frustrating is how there's no reticule for the killers that are all about distance. And trying to pinpoint depth perception without one is really hard to do! Mad props to those that main huntress, deathslinger, clown, etc.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448600#Comment_1448600

    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! What I find most frustrating is how there's no reticule for the killers that are all about distance. And trying to pinpoint depth perception without one is really hard to do! Mad props to those that main huntress, deathslinger, clown, etc.

    Ugh it's something you get used to, sadly. I wish they would add some kinda visual for each killer. Maybe plague get's a little circle of vomit in the her aim, but it's definitely frustrating. Huntress you just kinda gauge based off the hatchet and a little to the right, deathslinger has a little sight to aim down, and clown is basically inverse of huntress. But plague is definitely weird. Luckily she just has a stream of vomit so she can correct herself and not miss entirely. Good luck tho!

  • Her vomit is tricky while learning. Don't try and be pinpoint with it. Wiggle your mouse left and right to spread the 'cone.' Early on, your objective is to get as many as you can infected.

    When looping, spray on pallets and vaults if they're not infected.

    You can spray on gens as well, to work as a type of radar. If they're getting infected without you being there, you know which gens they're on.

    Don't gun for corruption early on. Not only do you want them to waste time later by having to cross the map to cleanse, you want enough ammo if they manage to pop all gens, because they WILL aim to cleanse as soon as possible. It's her biggest weakness, in my opinion.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Her vomit is tricky while learning. Don't try and be pinpoint with it. Wiggle your mouse left and right to spread the 'cone.' Early on, your objective is to get as many as you can infected.

    When looping, spray on pallets and vaults if they're not infected.

    You can spray on gens as well, to work as a type of radar. If they're getting infected without you being there, you know which gens they're on.

    Don't gun for corruption early on. Not only do you want them to waste time later by having to cross the map to cleanse, you want enough ammo if they manage to pop all gens, because they WILL aim to cleanse as soon as possible. It's her biggest weakness, in my opinion.

    The matches that I was playing in I was going up against red and purple rank survivors despite being a level 13 killer. Trying to compete with a killer I've never played with before against survivors clearly more experienced than myself made for a pretty lousy experience. I just wish I wasn't forced to compete when testing the waters for new killers.

  • Use the add-on that reveals auras when survivora vomit and have a blast with the "non cleansing" tatic that most advanced players enjoy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I wish she was more consistent on dedicated servers. It seems like I'll have instances where I clearly see vomit hit someone (corrupt or no), it splashes and everything, but it just doesn't do anything. It's very annoying to use.

    Yeah that's what seemed to be happening with me. Granted I'm new to the plague, but I'm no noob by any means, and I could have sworn there were times that I hit a survivor with her spit but it didn't register. Regardless I need to practice with her more, I just hate having to compete in order to do it.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Her vomit is tricky while learning. Don't try and be pinpoint with it. Wiggle your mouse left and right to spread the 'cone.' Early on, your objective is to get as many as you can infected.

    When looping, spray on pallets and vaults if they're not infected.

    You can spray on gens as well, to work as a type of radar. If they're getting infected without you being there, you know which gens they're on.

    Don't gun for corruption early on. Not only do you want them to waste time later by having to cross the map to cleanse, you want enough ammo if they manage to pop all gens, because they WILL aim to cleanse as soon as possible. It's her biggest weakness, in my opinion.

    This is the most wholesome topic I've seen here in ages. I have all dlc and yet I've never played as Plague yet and these are soom good tips. Thanks

  • @Rivyn said:

    Her vomit is tricky while learning. Don't try and be pinpoint with it. Wiggle your mouse left and right to spread the 'cone.' Early on, your objective is to get as many as you can infected.

    When looping, spray on pallets and vaults if they're not infected.

    You can spray on gens as well, to work as a type of radar. If they're getting infected without you being there, you know which gens they're on.

    Don't gun for corruption early on. Not only do you want them to waste time later by having to cross the map to cleanse, you want enough ammo if they manage to pop all gens, because they WILL aim to cleanse as soon as possible. It's her biggest weakness, in my opinion.

    What perks would you recommend?

  • @SweetTerror Usually, I go with Thrilling, PGTW, and Dying Light. Forth depends on what feels right. Thana works well with her. I've been playing around with Blood Echo and I'm All Ears. Monitor is another good pick, however, it comes down to the map. Maps like Shelter Woods isn't a good pick for Monitor, easy to spot her. Corn maps are better.

    You could get benefit out of Nemesis/PWYF. Zooming Plague can be fun, though I don't use it myself.