If BP was equalized between surv+killer and the grind lessened, I'd buy more cosmetics.
Everybody constantly brings us the issue that the bloodweb/perk grind is way too tedious at this point, perhaps because it is a dated system. As someone who began this game a little over a month ago, I agree with this point. But I know that changes to this system need to be made incrementally, as it would be a lot of work to uphaul the current bloodweb in place.
I think one of the best ways to do this is to equalize the BP gains between the killer and the survivors. As it stands, Killers tend to net several thousand more points per game (and even more so if you are knocked out of the game fairly quickly). To make matters worse, WGLF is a useless perk. It's sole use is to farm the bloodweb, but the grain makes it feel like you must use it for an obscene amount of time if you main survivor. It also requires the killer to be doing well (as if he gets only a few hooks, chances are you won't get much BP bonus)/ If you just compare this with BBQ, you'll see just how badly implemented David's teachable is. For starters, BBQ without the BP modifier gives amazing detection that rewards you for doing your job (hooking survivors). It also is much easier to stack and does not create as much pressure as the need to actively "farm" this bonus. This perk is so good that many killers run it in their set builds, so it rarely will feel like a waste of a perk slot. This makes it really common for killers to get a +100% BP bonus per match on top of their already average gains.
If the grind was lessened, by the very least through an equalization of survivor and killer BPs, I'd probably spend much more money on auric cells in this game. I get a lot of entertainment customizing skins and enjoying the appearance in game. Luckily, most survivors are just skins. But I obviously have favorites and have started purchasing outfits that tempt me in the store. But one thing stops me from buying more - I'm nowhere near close to feeling like I can comfortably play other survivors. This is because I want a good perk loadout (tier 2, preferably 3, of perks that I enjoy using) and, being a completionist, I won't grind any bloodwebs past level 50 because I want to prestige. ON TOP OF THIS, you must prestige so many times, so the process takes forever. This makes it so that it would take 100 hours just to get a loadout on a survivor I like, delaying my purchase.
In short, please rethink the bloodweb system. It would not only benefit all players, both new-comers and veterans, but also it would probably encourage more people to buy more skins (benefitting BHVR).
Comments
Simply because you do not use add-ons does not invalidate the facts. Killers have no way of getting add-ons aside from buying them from the Bloodweb.
Survivors DO have ways to get items and add-ons without the need to spend BP.
So I'll say it once again, regardless of whether or not YOU use them (I myself also use add-ons rarely) it does not invalidate the fact that killers cannot get add-ons via any other means.
bbq can be countered by lockers and genauras, as well as being inside the radius. What counter do you propose for WGLF, since you want it on paar with bbq? also, should it work on unhooks only then? Because bbq surly doesnt work on hits.
I do not care if survivors get more BP, the less grind the game has the better. But to simply take a system that was set in place to "balance" the BP economy of both sides and "toss it out the window" so everyone makes the same does not help.
I paid Sally $5 to do a job and provided her with uniforms every day.
I pay you $10 to do a job but require that you buy your uniforms everyday. The reason I pay you more is so you can afford the uniforms.
Now I suddenly decide you know what, I'm going to pay Sally $10 a day too.
You still have to pay for your uniform unlike Sally but now you are both making the same amount. Do you think you would be ok with that? do you think that would seem fair?
Correct. I think it should only work on hooks. Obviously if you don't see the killers aura then that means they're in close proximity. I just think there should be one added benefit to wglf instead of just pure blood points.
There is no game without a killer. They're your primary antagonist and motivation for your goals. They're hosting it.