There a reason survivors have been iffy tonight?

I've had nothing but back to back 4ks tonight while playing Demogorgon. The only escapes have been ppl I've let live because they used 5 cakes, their names were funny, ect. I'm use to teams really testing me, with the occasional stomp here and there, but tonight has been nothing but stomps. Is there a sale or something that's brought in an influx of really bad players?

Comments

  • @aliberkcivelek said:

    well ye, silent hill + free weekend + sale

    the game peaked on steam charts recently? about 76k players, 1k higher than previous peak, which is huge

    i normally see 60k on, and some time of the day drops to 40k

    so it's normal for noobs to get into rank 1, considering it is easy for pipping to survivor

    btw my games have been mostly swf, i mean i saw four get in a lobby once, rank 19 with prple perks and rest red ranks, one person even said he was telling someone to go for gates (post game)

    it isn't easy for killer especially at night, which explains why queus are 3 seconds fast

    i guess it depends on region and platform

    Havent gotten anything worse than a purple all night and my games are SIGNIFICANTLY easier than normal. Last night was pretty normal, tonight...youd think everyone was rank 15 with the exception of a single survivor here or there.

  • Maybe they're testing MMR in your area? I mean, I'm like 90% sure they tested it a few weeks back and it was using survivor ranking even for my killer matches. Nothing but insanely hard matches back to back. So perhaps they over adjusted. I'm sure it's gonna take a lot of tweaking.

    My matches were fairly standard tonight, and I'd be on the EST servers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I was getting the same earlier in the night even on console. I had multiple matches in a row with little to no red ranks. And wrong servers, despite it being prime time at the time.

    They're always adjusting things behind the scenes without saying a word. Perhaps that could be it.

    The ranks are red, but you wouldnt guess it by the way they played. Its as if 80% of the players tonight have been new players who are over at their friend's house and playing on their accounts or something. I havent had this many stomps since I was farming BPs for my GF using Bubba on her rank 20 account.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    Maybe they're testing MMR in your area? I mean, I'm like 90% sure they tested it a few weeks back and it was using survivor ranking even for my killer matches. Nothing but insanely hard matches back to back. So perhaps they over adjusted. I'm sure it's gonna take a lot of tweaking.

    My matches were fairly standard tonight, and I'd be on the EST servers.

    Its been BAD... I use STBFL on Demo which is really nice and I'm having entire chases ending in like 10 seconds. While I'm gettin plenty of BPs cuz ppl are using cakes, I'm getting bored out of my mind.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436812#Comment_1436812

    Its been BAD... I use STBFL on Demo which is really nice and I'm having entire chases ending in like 10 seconds. While I'm gettin plenty of BPs cuz ppl are using cakes, I'm getting bored out of my mind.

    Hopefully the devs see this if it's tied to MMR. Are you about the same rank on survivor as you are killer?

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436823#Comment_1436823

    Hopefully the devs see this if it's tied to MMR. Are you about the same rank on survivor as you are killer?

    Heres an example of a game I had earlier. This team got 1 gen done.

    20200712004637_1.jpg

    I collect salty endgame chats, lol.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436837#Comment_1436837

    Heres an example of a game I had earlier. This team got 1 gen done.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QD1KMJR55EDZ/20200712004637-1.jpg

    I collect salty endgame chats, lol.

    Yeah I'm just wondering if it's picking up on your survivor ranking or both some how simultaneously, if it's even MMR testing related. @EmpireWinner had a good theory with bots, but salty bots would be far too advanced. 😅 I think they'll eventually do like mobile did though and add in some AI players.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436849#Comment_1436849

    Yeah I'm just wondering if it's picking up on your survivor ranking or both some how simultaneously, if it's even MMR testing related. @EmpireWinner had a good theory with bots, but salty bots would be far too advanced. 😅 I think they'll eventually do like mobile did though and add in some AI players.

    Can you imagine if they programmed in things for bots to say? "If we accuse EVERY killer of being a camper, they'd assume the bots are actual DBD players."

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436802#Comment_1436802

    The ranks are red, but you wouldnt guess it by the way they played. Its as if 80% of the players tonight have been new players who are over at their friend's house and playing on their accounts or something. I havent had this many stomps since I was farming BPs for my GF using Bubba on her rank 20 account.

    Me reading your comment: "since I was farming BPs for my Ghostface using Bubba on her rank 20 acc- oh shucks he meant girlfriend."

  • @Gylfie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436813#Comment_1436813

    Me reading your comment: "since I was farming BPs for my Ghostface using Bubba on her rank 20 acc- oh shucks he meant girlfriend."

    My Ghostface already has all the perks unlocked, lol.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1436876#Comment_1436876

    My Ghostface already has all the perks unlocked, lol.

    I've just learned to read 'GF' as Ghostface instead of girlfriend in this community and then the one team I read it as Ghostface, it's actually girlfriend. But good on you! :D

  • It’s rank reset tomorrow, so as it’s the latest point in the rank reset cycle everyone that’s ever played survivor has made it to red ranks.