Banned for Game Hostage during EGC?

So, I was just in a match against the Hag, no problem, I've beaten the Hag before. However, what really irked me this match was that I was the last survivor and was held hostage until I was sacrificed at the end of EGC. Normally, I would take the lose because I didn't use my time correctly to escape. The hatch had been closed and the exits powered, I was nearby a door and bolted for the lever. Killer comes and I run, I get hit so I drop a pallet. EXCEPT, the killer downs me and then proceeds to pick me up and throw me down, place Hag traps around me every time I'm thrown down. I was able to get to 99 recovery but with the other 3 players dead, I had no way to get back up.

Yes, I know that Bill has Unbreakable but can only work once, no doubt the killer would've instantly downed me again, and it's one use is why I don't run the perk.

ANYWAY, I'm wondering if the player who was the killer that round can get banned for keeping me hostage in game like that. I had no way to escape as said above and I wasn't going to disconnect and get penalized for it (even though I would've had a good reason and done nothing wrong). I'm not one those who DC unless it's out of my control (game crash, game freeze, etc., then I have to DC). Back to the subject, is what that player allowed or is it game hostage and they could be banned or penalized?

I also have a few screenshots of the occurrence for the report I could make if this a legit rule break. If anyone would like to see them to get a look at what happened, I'm not opposed to that.

Just curious on this by the way, cause a friend of mine told me of a similar incident a month ago when she had been in a match.

Awaiting a reply,

Matt.

P.S. Yes, I just created a forum account to post about this. But that's what the forums are for: to get answers when answers are needed.

Comments

  • provided this began after the EGC began, it isn't holding the game hostage according to Peanits in another thread.

  • I was the last survivor and was held hostage until I was sacrificed at the end of EGC.

    That's not how it works. Holding the game hostage means the trial cannot end unless one or more people disconnect. Your trial was on a timer - the EGC itself. You were not held hostage and this, while annoying, doesn't break any rules.

    I also have a few screenshots of the occurrence for the report I could make if this a legit rule break. If anyone would like to see them to get a look at what happened, I'm not opposed to that.

    Reports have to be filed in-game, always. Additional info can be given in a support ticket, but an in-game report is always required.

  • This isn't holding the game hostage. Pretty crappy way to play, but it's not rule breaking. Now, if this was BEFORE the EGC, with no timer active, then yes, it would be reportable.

  • its not considered "taking the game hostage" when there is a set end to it.

    you got slugged, which in itself has a limited time to in in form of the bleedout bar.

    additionally to this, due to the EGC being active there was a set ending to this trial anyway, therefore not killing you until the timer ran out can not be considered taking the game hostage.


    a game that is being held hostage is a game that can not progress any further for one / more players with the cause being another player denying them the ability to normally participate.

    e.g.: killer bodyblocking you in a corner for extended periodes of time (not counting EGC, due to the 2 minute death timer) / survivors hiding, not progressing the objective at all for extended periodes of time (all of the remaining survivors).


    the killer was not holding the game hostage, however they were acting pretty toxic towards you.

    i can understand why you migh feel frustrated, but its nothing that would be reportable, as long as it occured during the EGC / was time restricted in any other way.

  • Wow, fast replies!

    I see, thanks for clearing it up! I was genuinely curious about this so I'm glad there were answers

    Yeah, I agree, it was a crappy way for the match to end. I would've preferred it if the player had picked me up and let me wiggle free and gave me a chance to try and escape, since all they'd been doing was watching my Bill (who I'm currently playing as to level up) squirm and crawl around until the Entity killed me.

    Unless they were genuinely curious about what would've happened if the timer ran out. I don't see how that's possible though, you can't play DBD and not know what happens at the end of the ECG timer. So it was probably just out of spite. Then again each time I was being chased before ECG, I successfully dropped a pallet on the killer without either or getting injured or obtaining a second hit (if I had already been injured). Maybe it was payback for the pallet drops then. Still, that's about all I got in terms of BP, besides one unhook, skill checks on gens and healing.

  • @mdaCHARMED2016 said:

    Wow, fast replies!

    I see, thanks for clearing it up! I was genuinely curious about this so I'm glad there were answers

    Yeah, I agree, it was a crappy way for the match to end. I would've preferred it if the player had picked me up and let me wiggle free and gave me a chance to try and escape, since all they'd been doing was watching my Bill (who I'm currently playing as to level up) squirm and crawl around until the Entity killed me.

    Unless they were genuinely curious about what would've happened if the timer ran out. I don't see how that's possible though, you can't play DBD and not know what happens at the end of the ECG timer. So it was probably just out of spite. Then again each time I was being chased before ECG, I successfully dropped a pallet on the killer without either or getting injured or obtaining a second hit (if I had already been injured). Maybe it was payback for the pallet drops then. Still, that's about all I got in terms of BP, besides one unhook, skill checks on gens and healing.

    I would've preferred it if the player had picked me up and let me wiggle free and gave me a chance to try and escape

    And the killer probably would've preferred it if you'd stopped trying to escape and let yourself be killed. This is a PvP game - never forget that.

    Unless they were genuinely curious about what would've happened if the timer ran out. I don't see how that's possible though, you can't play DBD and not know what happens at the end of the ECG timer. So it was probably just out of spite.

    Why not? It's extremely rare for survivors to actually die to the EGC.

  • @mdaCHARMED2016 said:

    So, I was just in a match against the Hag, no problem, I've beaten the Hag before. However, what really irked me this match was that I was the last survivor and was held hostage until I was sacrificed at the end of EGC. Normally, I would take the lose because I didn't use my time correctly to escape. The hatch had been closed and the exits powered, I was nearby a door and bolted for the lever. Killer comes and I run, I get hit so I drop a pallet. EXCEPT, the killer downs me and then proceeds to pick me up and throw me down, place Hag traps around me every time I'm thrown down. I was able to get to 99 recovery but with the other 3 players dead, I had no way to get back up.

    Yes, I know that Bill has Unbreakable but can only work once, no doubt the killer would've instantly downed me again, and it's one use is why I don't run the perk.

    ANYWAY, I'm wondering if the player who was the killer that round can get banned for keeping me hostage in game like that. I had no way to escape as said above and I wasn't going to disconnect and get penalized for it (even though I would've had a good reason and done nothing wrong). I'm not one those who DC unless it's out of my control (game crash, game freeze, etc., then I have to DC). Back to the subject, is what that player allowed or is it game hostage and they could be banned or penalized?

    I also have a few screenshots of the occurrence for the report I could make if this a legit rule break. If anyone would like to see them to get a look at what happened, I'm not opposed to that.

    Just curious on this by the way, cause a friend of mine told me of a similar incident a month ago when she had been in a match.

    Awaiting a reply,

    Matt.

    P.S. Yes, I just created a forum account to post about this. But that's what the forums are for: to get answers when answers are needed.

    Unfortunately since the game could still end due to multiple timers it is not bannable I hope this helps

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1429755#Comment_1429755

    I would've preferred it if the player had picked me up and let me wiggle free and gave me a chance to try and escape

    And the killer probably would've preferred it if you'd stopped trying to escape and let yourself be killed. This is a PvP game - never forget that.

    Unless they were genuinely curious about what would've happened if the timer ran out. I don't see how that's possible though, you can't play DBD and not know what happens at the end of the ECG timer. So it was probably just out of spite.

    Why not? It's extremely rare for survivors to actually die to the EGC.

    I know, and the game will never go that unless its willing from either side.

    Well, their perks were all tier 3 and such. But you are right, it could be possible. But the chances would be low.

  • They didn't hold the game hostage. You said yourself that it was in EGC. Even if not and the killer just slugged you for some reason, it still wouldn't count because you'd bleed out eventually.

  • Not reportable and not holding the game hostage. Just a dick move some people do because they like to waste others time

  • @RakimSockem said:

    Not reportable and not holding the game hostage. Just a dick move some people do because they like to waste others time

    I did that to a steve who teabagged me constantly, dragged it out for about 5 minutes because I knew his SWF was waiting for him. Sometimes it's justified, OP seems nice tho