Why bother giving feedback? These changes will happen anyway

As I said, these Hillbilly changes will happen no matter what we say. Just like with the Ruin change, we told them it was a bad idea, we wanted it to stay the same. And what happened?...nothing, new Ruin came in and nothing was said afterwards. I don't get why the Devs want us to give feedback when they don't decide 'yeah, maybe this was bad, maybe we should leave it', I mean, what are the chances Hillbilly WON'T change after this PTB?

Comments

  • The add ons are awful and ######### up carb tuning guide for both was awful. Bubbas trash BECAUSE of his charge time. Its #########

  • Yep. Nerfs always go through. Don't waste your time complaining.

  • As a Nurse main I'm inclined to agree but the majority of people seem to dislike it so hopefully they'll actually listen this time.

    Here's hoping for you Billy mains. May you get it better than we did.

  • There is no point. All the PTB does is mentally prepare you for whatever they're going to ruin this time.

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    As I said, these Hillbilly changes will happen no matter what we say. Just like with the Ruin change, we told them it was a bad idea, we wanted it to stay the same. And what happened?...nothing, new Ruin came in and nothing was said afterwards. I don't get why the Devs want us to give feedback when they don't decide 'yeah, maybe this was bad, maybe we should leave it', I mean, what are the chances Hillbilly WON'T change after this PTB?

    Zero. Even his addons suck. The ONLY thing that was overperforming with Billy was Insta Saw. Thats it. The easy fix would just have charge time decrease addons no longer stack. THATS ALL THEY HAD TO DO

  • I think there will be some changes. Nothing actually drastic (Overheat's going to stay) but numbers tweaks and maybe minor mechanics changes. I.E. they might reduce the amount of heat generated by the saw when revving or have a chainsaw hit/M1 hit reduce the heat level to "reward skill". (I.E. a Billy who's good with his saw will be able to saw more often than someone who misses all the time)

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    As I said, these Hillbilly changes will happen no matter what we say. Just like with the Ruin change, we told them it was a bad idea, we wanted it to stay the same. And what happened?...nothing, new Ruin came in and nothing was said afterwards. I don't get why the Devs want us to give feedback when they don't decide 'yeah, maybe this was bad, maybe we should leave it', I mean, what are the chances Hillbilly WON'T change after this PTB?

    Changing Ruin allowed for smaller maps and survivor toolbox nerfs that have greatly improved how it feels to play killer. In addition to that, killer builds have become more diverse and interesting and current meta perks actually have interactivity between survivor and killer.


    If this change is like Ruin, then the Devs should absolutely ignore your entitled feedback.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Ghostface PTB to Ghostface live was a complete overhaul. That was ages ago, though.

    We'll see but I don't have any faith either anymore.

    Oni’s power had some changes as well. More blood needed but kept remaining duration when coming out of ability (grabs, pick ups).

  • We give feedback because we love the game, regardless if the Devs listen or not. Billy was fine. As a survivor main with 1600+ hours I never once joined a match and thought damn.. another boring match. He unique in that he was entirely different to play against. The most versatile killer until maybe Spirit came long. Now hes predictable and clunky. They made a big mistake.

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    As I said, these Hillbilly changes will happen no matter what we say. Just like with the Ruin change, we told them it was a bad idea, we wanted it to stay the same. And what happened?...nothing, new Ruin came in and nothing was said afterwards. I don't get why the Devs want us to give feedback when they don't decide 'yeah, maybe this was bad, maybe we should leave it', I mean, what are the chances Hillbilly WON'T change after this PTB?

    Nurse, Ruin, and now Billy! This is why I avoid anything that has to do with 'feedback' or 'community feedback'

    Usually after any mechanic changes they do a satisfaction survey! Noticed how they didn't do one for Nurse, Doctor, or Ruin! This is why I avoid giving the devs feedback because they don't care enough to listen! It's like talking to a brick wall!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Ghostface PTB to Ghostface live was a complete overhaul. That was ages ago, though.

    We'll see but I don't have any faith either anymore.

    The Ghostface thing was a glitch

  • They need to address the overheat numbers. They are the exact opposite of keeping skillful interactions. Overheat CAN work, but not if it only allows dumb long range travelling while punishing every skillful mindgame rev. If overheat rewarded good billys while keeping mobility M1llys in check, fine. But right now its the opposite

  • Let's be real. The PTB isn't about tweaking the patch. It's about making sure they don't introduce a bug that crashes the entire game or dramatically breaks it. Yes, there are bugs (always new bugs), but they are looking for major groundbreaking broken stuff not your (or my) complaints.

    If they wanted to actually act on constructive feedback, they'd have to slow down their release schedule so as not to have to constantly churn out new content.

    Personally, I'd just be happy if they attacked the bugs and started using source control to prevent them moving forward.

  • @Weederick said:

    They need to address the overheat numbers. They are the exact opposite of keeping skillful interactions. Overheat CAN work, but not if it only allows dumb long range travelling while punishing every skillful mindgame rev. If overheat rewarded good billys while keeping mobility M1llys in check, fine. But right now its the opposite

    Yeah, they need to tell us whats going on

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    Yep. Nerfs always go through. Don't waste your time complaining.

    (killer) nerfs always go through.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Believe it or not the forums are a vocal minority. Most people are satisfied, if you're wondering where these people are they don't post because nobody here can't stop attacking opinions.

    Ingame i actually see names like "Justice for billy", "Dont nerf billy", "Free billy" from survivors in every second lobby

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1428698#Comment_1428698

    Yeah make sure to compare that to the number of steam players that don't have that as their name.

    If we count the amount of players who share your opinion vs the ones who protest against the billy changes, you are in the minority. Havent seen a single name who is for billy changes but countless names against it. But you can count rice bags in china as an countgerargument if you want

  • And as I thought, the devs haven't tried clearing themselves by telling us what they plan to do next with Hillbilly or at the very least acknowledge the negativity the nerf has been getting. In fact, it looks like they haven't responded to anyone talking about Hillbilly. 

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    And as I thought, the devs haven't tried clearing themselves by telling us what they plan to do next with Hillbilly or at the very least acknowledge the negativity the nerf has been getting. In fact, it looks like they haven't responded to anyone talking about Hillbilly. 

    Why would they? Same as with nurse and even the fog whisperers state why they think it is bad. You will see it will be ignored and not mentioned any further.

  • I think they will introduce this exact version of him, fix none of his bugs and ignore him and every feedback about him for the next years. Just like they did with nurse.

  • Devs, do you read all these negative comments that are spread throughout the entire forums about your TERRIBLE changes?


    Or you just close your eyes and laugh behind our backs and take us for fools and just implement them anyways, cause why care about customer's opinions when you can kick them in the face!


    I want a proper explanation from one of the devs!

  • So do survivors nerfs. Stop acting like they only nerf killers.

  • @TheOptimiser said:

    Devs, do you read all these negative comments that are spread throughout the entire forums about your TERRIBLE changes?

    Or you just close your eyes and laugh behind our backs and take us for fools and just implement them anyways, cause why care about customer's opinions when you can kick them in the face!

    I want a proper explanation from one of the devs!

    Lol killer mains can't handle anything of theirs being nerfed. But gloat when survivors are nerfed. Get over it both sides will be nerfed. Deal or dont. Killers are the whiniest, the majority of posts are killers crying.


    And before you say anything, I am a rank 1 killer who stays red ranks and DS doesn't bother me at all. Neither dkes BT, or flashlights or dead hard. And I never camp hooks or tunnel. 🤷‍♀️

  • @nicnc82 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1429260#Comment_1429260

    Lol killer mains can't handle anything of theirs being nerfed. But gloat when survivors are nerfed. Get over it both sides will be nerfed. Deal or dont. Killers are the whiniest, the majority of posts are killers crying.

    And before you say anything, I am a rank 1 killer who stays red ranks and DS doesn't bother me at all. Neither dkes BT, or flashlights or dead hard. And I never camp hooks or tunnel. 🤷‍♀️

    I'm all those as well buddy, but we say these things because Survivors have it easy, all they have to do is fix gens and cling to every pallet when the killer gets too close, survivor requires 0 skill while we killers are busting our butts trying to deal with big SWF and that stuff

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1428816#Comment_1428816

    Yeah I wonder why nobody wants to share thoughts on this forum. Have you seen how people treat each other here?

    They treat each other like everywhere else in this world. You dont have to take 14 yo trolling edgy kevin to heart, but there are are good arguments with others to make.

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    As I said, these Hillbilly changes will happen no matter what we say. Just like with the Ruin change, we told them it was a bad idea, we wanted it to stay the same. And what happened?...nothing, new Ruin came in and nothing was said afterwards. I don't get why the Devs want us to give feedback when they don't decide 'yeah, maybe this was bad, maybe we should leave it', I mean, what are the chances Hillbilly WON'T change after this PTB?

    Ok, sorry for the "gross" analogy, but what do you prefer? Not telling your couple he is being too rough and getting ######### painfully hard, or telling your couple he is being too rough and getting ######### with lube? Same with the billy changes, if you are giving no feedback dont expect not to be ######### extra rough.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/170229/why-bother-giving-feedback-these-changes-will-happen-anyway

    Ok, sorry for the "gross" analogy, but what do you prefer? Not telling your couple he is being too rough and getting ######### painfully hard, or telling your couple he is being too rough and getting ######### with lube? Same with the billy changes, if you are giving no feedback dont expect not to be ######### extra rough.

    ...I probably wouldn't have used that to explain it :/

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1429341#Comment_1429341

    Yeah but what I'm saying is that this forum has a lot of 14yrs that are trolling and it makes having a discussion more difficult because of constant interjection. There are good arguments to be made and there are plenty of people here who aren't like that. I'm just pointing out the fact that there's a lot of them and it makes this site more unappealing than it really should be.

    I can see why many dont want to deal with this or internetforums in general. I wouldn't too, but its the only way to give feedback to the devs and if the game is important enough to you, you can just write it down in the ptb feedback and be done with it. Discuss with the few people that are friendly and open and ignore the rest, just like real world :D

  • The devs don't use the PTB for feedback. They use it t find major bugs and try to patch them. At least, that's what they've shown time and time again, and we've yet to be proven wrong.

  • the problem is thet they think thse were minor changes, even if those were MASSIVE changes. but is what it is guys, they dont hear us.

    all good killers have been nerfed i wonder if spirit is gonna get a new nerf aswell because the changes they applied to her werent that impressive at all she is still as good as whe was... even if she always had a cooldown to his power she is still very opressive so lets see if she is next.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1428544#Comment_1428544

    Which part? The 15 second exposed, the regressing bar, the global noise, or the directional "whooshing" noise he used to make when moving? Because I can assure you, everything on Ghostface's PTB was intentional.

    The insta-reveal, they said it was a glitch

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Ghostface PTB to Ghostface live was a complete overhaul. That was ages ago, though.

    We'll see but I don't have any faith either anymore.

    In all honesty they probably only did that cause no one was gonna buy ghostface with the state he was in back then so they only did it because they wouldn't have made loads of money from it.

    Billy is a free character so it's not like the devs have to worry about sales

  • Most of the feedback consists of just "you are wrong, it was fine the way it was"

    That doesn't help them.

    Personally I feel the overheat charges gained should be cut in half so it isn't as punishing when going for chainsaws but it still keeps the mechanic.

  • Devs not doing what you say =/= Devs not listening.

    The overheat mechanic probably isn't going anywhere. But it might receive some tweaks based on feedback.