Anyone notice you cant change killer's while in lobby on PTB?

Not sure if this is a bug or if its suppose to be like this now

Comments

  • Did you check if this applies to Survivors as well?

    Cannot think of a reason why it should not be allowed, so I would assume it is a Bug.

  • Can you change killers once you're INSIDE the lobby? (Where you see the 4 survivors, and everyone readies up?)


    I am curious if this is some kind of precursor to the new matchmaking system they've been testing. They said they wanted to do "per-killer" matchmaking. So, again, I am curious if implementing it means you're locked to one killer when you search to a lobby and can't change it (Since the game finds a group that matches your "killer-specific skill level). So you can't for example, ready up as Clown who you never play, get a lobby of newer survivors, then swap to your P3 rank 50 Freddy to stomp them.

  • @Toybasher said:

    Can you change killers once you're INSIDE the lobby? (Where you see the 4 survivors, and everyone readies up?)

    I am curious if this is some kind of precursor to the new matchmaking system they've been testing. They said they wanted to do "per-killer" matchmaking. So, again, I am curious if implementing it means you're locked to one killer when you search to a lobby and can't change it (Since the game finds a group that matches your "killer-specific skill level). So you can't for example, ready up as Clown who you never play, get a lobby of newer survivors, then swap to your P3 rank 50 Freddy to stomp them.

    No, as soon as you hit the ready button and it starts searching for a lobby, your locked out from changing your character. You HAVE to select the character you want before ever touching that button. Wont let ya hit the little arrow keys either.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1424643#Comment_1424643

    No, as soon as you hit the ready button and it starts searching for a lobby, your locked out from changing your character. You HAVE to select the character you want before ever touching that button. Wont let ya hit the little arrow keys either.

    But once you find that lobby, can you switch killers then?

  • 20200708134810_1.jpg

    picture for reference. The option to select characters becomes grayed out and stays like that while in an actual lobby as well.

  • Someone speculated in the PTB Feedback that it's MMR coming into play, which would mean it's killer-specific. THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMATION, no dev has said yes this is what happened. But it does make some sense...

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Did you check if this applies to Survivors as well?

    Cannot think of a reason why it should not be allowed, so I would assume it is a Bug.

    Doesnt apply to survivor, just checked

  • @LordRegal said:

    Someone speculated in the PTB Feedback that it's MMR coming into play, which would mean it's killer-specific. THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMATION, no dev has said yes this is what happened. But it does make some sense...

    Makes sense. They dont wanna find a lobby for me under the assumption I'm gonna use a killer I suck at, then have me swap to my main.

  • That should be the case for survivors too to prevent last second switches.

  • @LordRegal said:

    Someone speculated in the PTB Feedback that it's MMR coming into play, which would mean it's killer-specific. THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMATION, no dev has said yes this is what happened. But it does make some sense...

    This would actually be an explanation and would make sense.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1424718#Comment_1424718

    This would actually be an explanation and would make sense.

    Just kinda sucks cuz I was checking out Billy's addons while waiting for a lobby and had to fully back out of the lobby when I finally got one so I could swap to Bubba.

  • This sucks. I usually use the queuing time and the time in lobby to spend my bloodpoints on my other killers. This saves me loads of times in game.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    This sucks. I usually use the queuing time and the time in lobby to spend my bloodpoints on my other killers. This saves me loads of times in game.

    Same. You can still pour points into the killer you have selected, but not any others.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1424744#Comment_1424744

    Just kinda sucks cuz I was checking out Billy's addons while waiting for a lobby and had to fully back out of the lobby when I finally got one so I could swap to Bubba.

    Yeah, if it is the reason, it is logical. But I usually do Bloodwebs, since Killer Queues in my Region can take a while.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1424643#Comment_1424643

    No, as soon as you hit the ready button and it starts searching for a lobby, your locked out from changing your character. You HAVE to select the character you want before ever touching that button. Wont let ya hit the little arrow keys either.

    Oooh if this isn't a bug I'm smelling something coming soon. Oh pls let me smell wrong. I'm afraid a bit.

  • Was going to say maybe it's band-aid fix for the end game screen bug that is happening when you switch before entering a match but if it isn't happening to survivors I can't think of any reason to lock switching.

  • I think it's a bug or maybe they're testing the waters for crossplay matchmaking. For example, Freddy isn't on switch so you cant put a Switch survivor in the lobby and then have the killer switch to freddy because he isn't in their game.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1424689#Comment_1424689

    Oooh if this isn't a bug I'm smelling something coming soon. Oh pls let me smell wrong. I'm afraid a bit.

    The idea of separate ranking based off killer is kinda cool. Would be really nice to be able to practice my Nurse against easier opponents than what I typically use against red ranks.

  • @ggezbaby said:

    I think it's a bug or maybe they're testing for waters for crossplay matchmaking. For example, Freddy isn't on switch so you cant put a Switch survivor in the lobby and then have the killer switch to freddy because he isn't in their game.

    Couldnt you use this same logic for Quentin though?

  • Yeah, theoretically survivors wouldnt be able to switch characters either because Quentin isn't on the switch. My guess is they're currently just testing out killer for whatever reason. Or just a bug

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1424932#Comment_1424932

    The idea of separate ranking based off killer is kinda cool. Would be really nice to be able to practice my Nurse against easier opponents than what I typically use against red ranks.

    I'm smelling something different: revealing survivors what killer you pick and removing the quick switch ability. I HOPE I'm wrong and I hope you are right.

  • So you're telling me i can't switch to plague when i see 4 medkits in my lobby? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1424943#Comment_1424943

    I'm smelling something different: revealing survivors what killer you pick and removing the quick switch ability. I HOPE I'm wrong and I hope you are right.

    I HIGHLY doubt that

  • @zeplore said:

    So you're telling me i can't switch to plague when i see 4 medkits in my lobby? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    Correct. I typically use that time to blow through BPs on various killer's bloodwebs.

  • i don't know if this cool or this going to suck it can go either way right now.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    i don't know if this cool or this going to suck it can go either way right now.

    really just depends on WHY they changed it

  • I don't like it. It's just going to lead to me dodging more lobbies when I go in with a killer I don't have prestige 3 with all perks unlocked because 0 part of me wants to deal with 4 people running flashlights and I can't swap to a killer with Franklin's.

    Not to mention all the times I'm busy spending BP while waiting in queue so I can get things done while I wait.

    I get why, but yeah... This is gonna suck.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Did you check if this applies to Survivors as well?

    Cannot think of a reason why it should not be allowed, so I would assume it is a Bug.

    This happend because killers can see players itens so if everyone is running an medkit you can just switch to plague, or if is everyone using a toolbox you can use an sthealf killer because the survivals will be more focus in gen and others things