New addons/perks and we still have "slightly, moderately, tremendously" in the description

BHVR said themselves they want to adress them and give actual numbers. But they are still using these terms noone can work with on the recent Bubba addons rework.

I want numbers. And not vague descriptions which aren't fixed but are changing on every addon and every killer. That's nothing I can work with properly.

Comments

  • @Lansen_is_Here said:

    sorry the devs have to release 20 new cosmetics and introduce 30 more bugs in about 6 months before they can address your concern, would you like to leave a message?

    Yeah could you tell them to leave at least 10 no no 15 new bugs on my desk by Tuesday afternoon

  • @Lansen_is_Here said:

    sorry the devs have to release 20 new cosmetics and introduce 30 more bugs in about 6 months before they can address your concern, would you like to leave a message?

    Don't forget the licence dlc deals they have to make. Man these devs are really hard working, they earned every dime.

  • i wish they change them soon


    is pretty sad see a friend buying the game, and see how he thinks vigo lips are a good offering to use

    when actually only increase the luck by 3%... tremendously.... yeah... tremendously...

  • IMO, this and not creating an option to turn off struggle button mashing are probably some of the most backwards and frustrating decisions the devs have stuck with. I dunno if its because someone higher up is stubborn, or they're so strapped for time and resources due to content crunch, or their own code being so bad that it would be a nightmare to change, or all the above. Whatever the reason, no excuse is gonna satisfy me, its been too long.

  • @DwightOP said:

    BHVR said themselves they want to adress them and give actual numbers. But they are still using these terms noone can work with on the recent Bubba addons rework.

    I want numbers. And not vague descriptions which aren't fixed but are changing on every addon and every killer. That's nothing I can work with properly.

    I believe the main reason is because they might confuse newer players. However, I'd like an option to switch between phrases and actual numbers so that veterans aren't limited. 😊

  • @GingerBeard said:

    IMO, this and not creating an option to turn off struggle button mashing are probably some of the most backwards and frustrating decisions the devs have stuck with. I dunno if its because someone higher up is stubborn, or they're so strapped for time and resources due to content crunch, or their own code being so bad that it would be a nightmare to change, or all the above. Whatever the reason, no excuse is gonna satisfy me, its been too long.

    100% it's because if stubbornness. No way they have no time for that. That's a 1 man job of one day max.

    And they continue with that bs with new content tho

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168311/addon-rework-and-we-still-are-using-slightly-moderately-tremendously-in-the-description

    I believe the main reason is because they might confuse newer players. However, I'd like an option to switch between phrases and actual numbers so that veterans aren't limited. 😊

    How is it more confusing to have numbers than vague and meaningless words?

  • At least we have the dead by daylight wiki, which gives actual numbers for add-ons and killer powers

  • They said that they would be changing it to real numbers, but that was a year ago.

  • @RockoRango said:

    They said that they would be changing it to real numbers, but that was a year ago.

    These liars with them false promises to keep us quite.. I was remembering this aswell but couldn't pinpoint when and where. It's been a full year already for a 1 day task? No wounder we have so many bugs unfixed for so long.

  • @DwightOP said:

    BHVR said themselves they want to adress them and give actual numbers. But they are still using these terms noone can work with on the recent Bubba addons rework.

    I want numbers. And not vague descriptions which aren't fixed but are changing on every addon and every killer. That's nothing I can work with properly.

    No one can work with these because no one can actually play the Bubba rework yet...(Just watch Entity Education by interact on youtube he gives all the #'s for them, he'll prob have a video out when the ptb drops)

  • @UniSans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168311/addon-rework-and-we-still-are-using-slightly-moderately-tremendously-in-the-description

    No one can work with these because no one can actually play the Bubba rework yet...(Just watch Entity Education by interact on youtube he gives all the #'s for them, he'll prob have a video out when the ptb drops)

    I mean generally, not PTB related. I don't want to go into Wikis and youtube videos everytime I want to know the exact numbers of addons I want to use. It should be written in the ingame description like in EVERY OTHER GAME out there.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1414811#Comment_1414811

    How is it more confusing to have numbers than vague and meaningless words?

    Just told you, newer (not veterans like you) players might not understand the numbers and phrases just helps them simply what's happening. I'm not against your idea, but I'd like there to be an opinion between numbers and phrases. 😊

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1414877#Comment_1414877

    Just told you, newer (not veterans like you) players might not understand the numbers and phrases just helps them simply what's happening. I'm not against your idea, but I'd like there to be an opinion between numbers and phrases. 😊

    No im genuinely asking how numbers are more confusing to a new player.

    Like, what makes a survivor confused when he reads "you uncloak 10% faster" than "you uncloak moderately faster"?

    I really don't get it, neither from a veteran point of view nor new player point of view. I was a new player at point aswell ;) and I hate these wording. Couldn't do anything with and up to this day I still can't really work with it

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1414811#Comment_1414811

    How is it more confusing to have numbers than vague and meaningless words?

    It’s not just that, they have to go back in the code and change everything an certain things they are going to have to round numbers from there long list of decimal places, it isn’t as straight forward as you would think.

    If you’ve played for long enough you would know most of the values anyways

  • @Flarefire_Xx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1414877#Comment_1414877

    It’s not just that, they have to go back in the code and change everything an certain things they are going to have to round numbers from there long list of decimal places, it isn’t as straight forward as you would think.

    If you’ve played for long enough you would know most of the values anyways

    They only have to change the perk description. The words are not hardcoded since they have different numbers on different perks, addons and killers. It shouldn't be hard task at all. Unless the coders made a weird approach on it.

  • @GingerBeard said:

    IMO, this and not creating an option to turn off struggle button mashing are probably some of the most backwards and frustrating decisions the devs have stuck with. I dunno if its because someone higher up is stubborn, or they're so strapped for time and resources due to content crunch, or their own code being so bad that it would be a nightmare to change, or all the above. Whatever the reason, no excuse is gonna satisfy me, its been too long.

    If you are PC player try rebind to mouse scroll.

  • It's definitely super silly that we still have these weird and arbitrary descriptions. It can't really be that much work to actually tell people what something actually does can it?

  • Event: Halloween

    • Slightly increase blood point earned for 3 days

    Event: Black Friday

    • All license characters get tremendously decreased in price.
    • Legendary cosmetics get moderately decreased in price.


    Employee at Behavior: I demand something

    Boss: What do u want?

    Employee: Considerately increase my salary

  • Even with the reveal of the new Bubba changes, they said that he restores a charge to his chainsaw every FEW seconds. Just give us some ######### numbers for once please.

  • I think they either forgot or are waiting until they can update every description at once.

  • @MrDrakanator said:

    Even with the reveal of the new Bubba changes, they said that he restores a charge to his chainsaw every FEW seconds. Just give us some ######### numbers for once please.

    Ikr? So unprofessionell

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I think they either forgot or are waiting until they can update every description at once.

    I mean, how long they want us to wait for it? Dbd is 4 years old. Is bhvr waiting for 10th anniversary to sell it a new innovative feature?

    "here, have them numbers. No event tho, be happy with the numbers."