Such well thought out and designed anti tunneling mechanics.

Kill a man and hook him, walk like a mile away, chase kill and hook a guy at shack, kick a gen, come back, redown him and another guy finishing a gen, hook the other guy first, get DS'd. Woops, guess I was tunneling. Survivors totally don't have any brain dead second chance perks. All the killers fault and the developers totally know how to make not terrible game mechanics.

Comments

  • DS isn't an anti-tunneling perk stated by the devs.

    Whether you disagree with them or not is up to you, but oh well.

  • @chase131119 said:

    DS isn't an anti-tunneling perk stated by the devs.

    Whether you disagree with them or not is up to you, but oh well.

    Then it should be removed or gutted because it gives way too much protection.

  • Hi can I interest you in the concept of either slugging or knowing who you recently hooked to be cautious?

    Like I get dsed when I'm not tunneling sometimes but damn the way people on this forums phrase it its like they get hit by it 4 times a match whilst not trying to tunnel. That doesn't happen unless you're so far ahead DS won't do anything.

  • You got stunned by DS, the survivor is now basically escaped. LOL.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Hi can I interest you in the concept of either slugging or knowing who you recently hooked to be cautious?

    Like I get dsed when I'm not tunneling sometimes but damn the way people on this forums phrase it its like they get hit by it 4 times a match whilst not trying to tunnel. That doesn't happen unless you're so far ahead DS won't do anything.

    The point is that we shouldn't have to play around clearly broken game design. This absolute joke of a perk shouldn't exist, period. Things like borrowed time and DS has done NOTHING but continue to frustrate killers for years. They'll remove Ruin entirely the moment new players start bitching about it but when killers have a problem with survivors we're LITERALLY told by the devs who aren't even good at their own game that we just aren't playing right.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    You got stunned by DS, the survivor is now basically escaped. LOL.

    Actually he did escape. That gen they were squatting on when I killed them was the last gen which they died to complete. The last remaining healthy guy unhooked the other dude and started opening the gate that spawned right next to the hooked person. If I leave that spot then the chance of an unbreakable is high, and even if I don't the third person who was unhooked as I was picking up the 2 gen jockeys easily gets around me to pick those 2 up.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Hi can I interest you in the concept of either slugging or knowing who you recently hooked to be cautious?

    Like I get dsed when I'm not tunneling sometimes but damn the way people on this forums phrase it its like they get hit by it 4 times a match whilst not trying to tunnel. That doesn't happen unless you're so far ahead DS won't do anything.

    It's just the hyperbole of the forums, unfortunately. It slowly becomes worse and worse every week.

    The few segregate the entire community into "survivor mains" or "killer mains," "noobs" and "red ranks," hours played comparisons to bolster arguments, etc. If you post something in a venting manner complaining about something that happened to you, you're either immediately questioned as if you did something wrong or did something to deserve the frustration you're feeling, or you're countered by whatever "other side" equivalent they deem is more important, like keys vs ebony moris, Whispers vs Spine Chill, toxic survivors vs toxic killers, etc.

    Sometimes it feels like there's no middle ground with these people. We're either all a toxic survivor main hive mind that all run the same 7 meta perks, teabagging, flashlight clicking, and keybagging the hatch until the killer shows up, or we're a toxic killer garbage dump who all facecamp, tunnel, and mori.

  • @FootMan2893 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407674#Comment_1407674

    The point is that we shouldn't have to play around clearly broken game design. This absolute joke of a perk shouldn't exist, period. Things like borrowed time and DS has done NOTHING but continue to frustrate killers for years. They'll remove Ruin entirely the moment new players start bitching about it but when killers have a problem with survivors we're LITERALLY told by the devs who aren't even good at their own game that we just aren't playing right.

    Remember Peanits is a r1 huntress main but the devs don't play their game.

    Perks have counters in most situations. I wouldn't be opposed to BT and DS being disabled during endgame (although this would just make killers tunnel and facecamp them at the end to desperately get another kill) but in all other situations ds and bt have counters. Use these counters.

    Is that not the point of the game bekg random? To allow you to adapt to your situation effectively, and whoever cannot adapt will die (or, in the killer's case, not kill people).

  • @chase131119 said:

    DS isn't an anti-tunneling perk stated by the devs.

    Whether you disagree with them or not is up to you, but oh well.

    No, it wasn't originally designed as an anti-tunnel perk. When it was reworked, it became that.

    Everyone in the community calls it that because that is why people run it, and that is what it is used for. It's irrelevant if the devs say it isn't. Because it is. Admitting it is would require they actually address the issues of DS, which are tunnel related ie lockers and performing safe actions while safe yet still having a perk that benefits you in a situation it isn't meant to do so in.