What is a “Win” and “Loss?”
Both killer and survivor, what do you consider a win and what do you consider as losing a game?
Just a random question I had.
Tagged:
Trusted
Both killer and survivor, what do you consider a win and what do you consider as losing a game?
Just a random question I had.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
as killer, at least two kills would be a win.
as survivor, at least two of the survivors leaving. whether im included or not doesn't matter, as long as at least two make it out.
I don't consider it a win if I survive but don't get over 15k points.
I think a win dor killer is either a ruthless or merciless becuase they both increase ur rank for survivor escaping is a win
As a survivor? I consider it a win if I had fun without being toxic.
As a killer? I consider it a win if I get a 2k. Without tunneling, camping, playing as fair as possible, trying to ensure everyone has fun, because hearing someone had fun is much better for me than knowing I had fun at the cost of a fat Ebony and a silent-bell Wraith (or ForeverFreddy(tm) or Insta-shock Doc).
gimme some bbq stacks and we can call it a day. but beyond that, 2k is a tie, 3 or 4K is a win.
W in my book if I get at least 20k points on survivor
For me the win is If I had fun no matter if I die or escape or kill all or one person etc.
It doesn't really matter how you're gonna end up, you're gonna be send to the campfire anyway.
So in short: Fun = win, no fun = lose.
I know sounds depressingly, but it's true!
A win or loss is subjective. A win for me if I was to be objective is 2 kills and over, whilst a loss is under 2 kills. A real win for me is if I had fun. Survivor is basically the same thing. Just escape and you win.
Long story short.
Survivor win condition: Escape by any means necessary
Killer win condition: Kill the Survivors before they can escape
if I dont pip I lost because I wasnt good enough for daddy long leg's love.
Depip is a loss black pip tie pip win
What about once you hit rank 1?
then like when youre a cage fighting champion you have to defend your title.
OMG I love you. this is exactly how I play. I just want to have a good time, that's why I play this game.
0 kills i got demolished.
1 kill loss
2 kills could see it as a win or loss or draw depending on survivors/rng/what happened in general
3 kills win
4 kills demolished
Survivor idc, i measure my success based on bps and pips but winning/losing doesnt matter to me. Neither does escape or die
I generally go by Kill vs. Escape ratio.
3 or 4 kills means Killer wins
0 or 1 kills means Survivors win
2 kills is a draw.
Win is a 4k, 5 gen, 32k, 4 iri emblem game where you also kill them all with Devour Hope.
Loss is being tombstoned first.
As killer, 4 BBQ stacks and at least two kills.
As survivor, escaping through the exit gate.
Good example lol
survivor: Doing well in a match, just being able to do a range of things in a trial. dont care about escaping tbh but escaping is pretty easy so maybe thats why i dont see it as a win.
Killer: at least 9hooks or a 3k, i dont often slug for the 4k unless they wanted to be toxic. i personally say 9 hooks because 12hooks is max and it can be really hard against good teams to achieve the 12, while i believe the killer should be the power role its not really the case when everyone is at high skill level (not mentioning weaker killers) but if i get less than 9 i havent really done much of my objective as a killer, iv always been a fan of the longer games myself without needing to slug and tunnel
I'm glad there are other people out there who play like that :)
100% this. Even if I don't get 1 kill, as long as the survivors were fun to go against, I'm happy to let them leave. I feel like if we just show them we're not all mega sweaty tryhards determined to get kills, then they go to their next match a little more relaxed and happy, and might share that same courtesy to their next killer
Mmh, i don't really care about the match result anymore for Killer.
If i kill someone, that's a win.
If they escape, that's a loss.
For Survivor, it's still escaping.
From a killer v team perspective
3,4 kills for a win
2 kills for a draw
1 kill is a loss
As for individual v killer
Most points wins
If I had fun then I win. If the match was enjoyable for me then that is all that matters. Whether I escape or kill them all is irrelevant. All I care about is having a fun match.
Fun chases and bloodpoints are a win for me
As a survivor, I tend to go by pipping. I don't escape a lot, but if I did enough to pip up anyway, I consider it a win. And if I safetied, then it sort of depends on how the rest of the match went if I consider it a win or not.
For killer, I'd consider a 2k a win if I hooked all 4 survivors. 3-4k also wins. But like I've gotten a double pip merciless killer on Legion with a 3k before because I got everyone and that guy was on death hook, so like, even the 4k doesn't matter. As long as I got 2+!
For killer:
1K~ loss
2K~ tie
3K/4K~ win
For survivor:
escaping is a win and dying is a loss
As for as the game goes depipping is a loss, black pip is a draw, pip is a win and double pip is a crushing victory.
You can make your own personal rules ofcourse but then you can't really talk about balance anymore then
If you only concider a 4k or a crushing victory a win you shouldn't be amazed that you'll lose more
For both sides, to me its the points.
Its gonna stay like that till my goal of maxing everthing out is over. So, never.
Killer:
1 or 2 kills is a loss.
3k and 1 escape through gates is a tie.
4k or 3k and a hatch escape is a win.
Not getting 4 bbq stacks in any of these options is an instant loss.
Survivor:
Death without finishing my ritual or challenge is a loss, if I do finish them and die even with subpar score, it is a win.
Escaping is a win, but not finishing my main objectives (ritual or challenge) is a tie/loss.
First to 3, for both killer and survivor because hatch is RNG. Cant base things off points because each survivor/killer plays differently.
Win: safety pip, pip +1, or pip +2
Lose: depip
It's simple as that.
I wrote a post on it:
my thoughts...