So my SWF group and I were talking..
We all agree that the Pig needs a small buff to decrease RBT timer. Not much but just enough to make us sweat a little. What do you other survivors think?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think the timer is fine where it is, it just needs to be long enough for the survivor to try all of the Jigsaw boxes. I think if it gets shortened, that could make getting the RBT off impossible on larger maps.
I guess the problem comes from your group using voice coms. If you didn't, you'll eventually get seen by the pig while searching for the RTB key, because your teamates won't tell you where she is or where she's going. The time you'll loose on the extra chase will make all the difference.
On the other hand, If devs do decrease that RBT timer, solo players will fall like flies. I'm sorry you find the game too easy, but I guess you brought it on yourself. A nice solution would be to stop using the voice comms because they come from a 3rd party program ; Or you could start playing with 1 or 2 perks per survivors, just to make those SWF games a tad more thrilling.
I sincerely hope you'll will have fun playing the game with your friends. But I hope you understand, you'll always find it too easy in some ways, because voice com are not a feature the game was build for ... and actually you're using a 3rd party programs to get that feature ... which is forbidden (see the ban rules in this forum).
If you’re in a chase, hooked, or downed the timer stops on the RBT. It does not count against you. It also only starts once a gen has been completed upon it’s placement. Even when I solo the RBT isn’t an issue, a tunneling killer is though. It will kill you quicker than the trap. So I guess what I’m saying is, if the killer tunnels that’s everything to do with the killer and not the trap.
Sorry, I didn't reallise you were playing on console and I don't now how it works there. On PC (the platform where the game is still designed ... see the PTB) there is no voice communication service, so players use programs like TeamSpeak or Discord, to be able to communicate during the game. When DBD was released, there was no SWF option too.
About the RBT timer, I guess it's still running while you are on both feets. When you're trying to escape the killer, or if you hide in a bush, I'm quite sure the clock is ticking still. that's what I was talking about.
I’m just asking if people feel a little underwhelmed by the traps like my friends ,and I do. I feel like I can live with them taking off 15-20 seconds to make it a little riskier.
The timer is fine as it is, it was mentioned before that her RBTs are not primarily meant to kill survivors but to slow them down and put some pressure. Sure you can get kills every now and then with timer reduction addons but that should be pretty much it. Not to mention they are a good end game tool once gens are done.
Yes, it should be shorter.
In the movies it´s an actual deathtrap. In the game it´s a minor inconvenience.
It’s not meant to be a killing mechanic. It is more so a time waster. Most Pig players will be a forehead anyways and tunnel the ######### with the trap on their head when it was obviously beeping. There isn’t a need to tunnel them when they could be trapping other survivors and POSSIBLY get a kill out of the reverse bear trap. That’s one of the reasons the trap never kills. The time doesn’t need to be shorter. If anything were to be changed it should be that survivors don’t see the Jigsaw box auras until their trap activates. I know it is an add-on but if people really wanted a Pig buff then it should be always be active and not only as an add-on. The Pig is fine the way she is, she is a mid-tier killer...not every killer needs to buffed to be on the same level as Billy and Nurse. The only killer that needs a bit of buffing is Freddy, since the Wraith is getting reworked.
No it wasn’t. It’s the most popular trap for sure but only ONE person died from the reverse bear trap in the entire franchise as far as I know and that was Jill. Everybody else escaped the bear trap. It wasn’t a deathtrap...they all escaped it. There were much deadly traps in the series
But they sure as hell were pressured, because they disarmed it seconds before it went off.
I don´t feel pressured when i have one on my head.
Well I’m not sure on how the devs would implement more pressure on the trap timing. In the movies it was 60 seconds, which would be FAR too short of a time in the game to traverse around the map with Jigsaw boxes. Not to mention Pig players normally tunnel the trapped player anyways...why even bother if they can’t even go around and check the boxes. Most of the time I’ll get tunneled and sacrified before I can even check a box. I just feel as those it is nitpicking with the RBT timing. Of course there is gonna be instances where a survivor takes it off their head in the first box, it is all RNG. I’d be fine with decreasing it by 30 seconds but it just feels unnecessary
I always sweat against pig because I know that the key is in the last box (only with my luck though).
Pig needs indeed a buff, but a different one in my opinion
Timer starts only after a gen has been finished. If the other survivors are so careless that they finish a gen while someone has a trap on, than thats their fault.
Also, the timer stops while you are being chased.
I'm still pretty low-tier survivor, but from my experience timer or not - the RBT doesn't matter because every Pig I've encountered is just going to camp the hook. I think it'd be a more interesting dynamic if they had to chose RBT or the hook. As in, they have to let the survivor go with the RBT.
I don't really know how this would fully play out from a gameplay setting, but I think it'd make the Pig a lot more interesting, and probably more fitting with the actual lore.
A lot of Pigs will crouch and camp the hook and then tunnel the survivor once they get off the hook. Making the RBT pretty pointless. Although I hate when Pig players do tunnel the survivor with the RBT on their head, not sure that making a RBT vs hook decision a good idea. It would fit with the lore but it would be unbalanced honestly.
The best way to slow down a game is to knock survivors off gens, and the trapped survivor will not be doing any gens for a while. Why not take that time to knock someone else off a gen? Then you've got one guy hooked with a trap, at least one other person going to unhook him, and you're chasing a third.
That's a huge amount of time where only one or two people are working on a gen. Who cares if he gets the trap off when he's spent a minute or two running around not fixing gens? Sure, I'll scare him off a jigsaw box if I happen to run past him, but he's no longer my primary target.
Another one is using all of your traps at the beginning of the game. Once I've trapped someone, I usually don't trap another until the first one has gotten out or at least 2 gens are done. I always try to save a trap for the endgame.
And then there are the Pigs who crouch down in full view of the hooked survivor and anyone who might run up to rescue him. For Pete's sake, at least hide behind a friggin rock.
Not only from a gameplay perspective does this apply greater tension but it also fits the saw series where players trapped in the games can influence the live of other players by their actions.
I think the Pig's red addon to make the Jigsaw boxes not visible when the trap hasn't started ticking should be baseline. I also think RBT timer should stay as it is but add enough Jigsaw boxes so that if the survivor does literally anything else other than run from box to box or misses any (good) skill checks, the trap will go off before they can get to the last box. That way, they could still get lucky and get it on the first box, but there is a sense of urgency in removing it as soon as possible. There would also be no reason for the Pig to chase that target, as they will not be doing anything towards the progression of the game.