Losing eyesight from killer
Many chases I get in, I just try to run through as many windows as I can and if a pallet shows up when they're close I'd wait for them and then try to stun them.
But eventually I'm obviously and of course going to get hit and then downed. I've heard many people say 'get out of the killers eyesight' but it's easier said than done.
How exactly do you get out of their sight as:
- They're faster for one, so you cant run out of their sight
- You leave scratch marks when you run so you can run around loads of objects they'll find you
- If you try to walk to avoid scratch marks you're too slow and the killer will eventually look around and find you because you took so long to get out of the area
Any tips x
Comments
Mindgame instead of trying to run through as many windows as you can.
Certain perks and things help like dark clothing(BLENDETTE), iron will, urban evasion, lightweight, quick and quiet, etc.
And you're gonna go down eventually, just accept ti.
Not really, the whole point of a chase is to try and escape it, and alot of times I've tried to be the killer and understand how other survivors manage to escape out of my chases but because I'm not ACTUALLY the survivor playing at that moment I would never be able to understand it
High ranks survivors don't try and escape chases anymore, they try and waste as much of the killers time as they can to allow their teammates to get the gens done.
True but that dosnt mean escaping them is not a good option, if you can manage to distract the killer for a while and after a gen or two are completed, escape the chase then you've got the best of both worlds, generators completed and you're not dead
And the idea of 'wasting time' involves chase skills to avoid getting hit but keeping them busy, but how are they able to avoid getting hit for so long, linked back to my question
Depends on the survivor skill, killer skill, type of killer, type of map, what structures spawn, where they spawn.
Some survivors are just... gods at the game and know how to loop the killer so well that they never give the killer a chance to hit them.
I don't know if this will help you, but I try to avoid getting in chases to begin with. So try practicing a more stealth like play style with survivor. While in a chase, remember you have 360 degrees of vision and the killer doesn't. So always try and keep obstacles in their way. You won't lose a skilled killer once they've started to chase you, but you can get them to stop chasing you if you waste too much of their time.
In the state of the game now, too many survivors play recklessly. Opting to get just a little more repairs done before getting into a chase, rather than walking away and being cautious.
Yes but they all have skills whether they have lots or not there's a reason or a skill or a tip on how they manage to reduce chance of taking a hit and how to evade killers attacks, that's what I'm looking for, any personal tips they use or know of that help them or someone else lengthen the chase/ put distance between them / evade them / confuse them.
Anything of the sort
Experience. They know when to drop the pallet and when they shouldn't drop it.
I can't tell you, you should play more, but depending on what you said "if a pallet shows up when they're close I'd wait for them and then try to stun them" I can give you one good advice: don't camp pallets, I mean, don't wait for the killer by the pallet just to drop it and stun him, in most cases that is a free hit.
True points but I've played stealthy before and you get bored of it after a while.
And it's not like I hunt for chases or distract them purposely but if I so happen to end up in a chase I want to know how I could manage to lengthen the chase to help distract them from my team or even just trying to lose them for a few seconds to put distance between
No the chases are to waste the killer's time for your team to do gens.
Get chased -> waste killer's time -> team do gens -> eventually lose killer/get hooked -> repeat.
Yeah you can escape but the chases are meant to waste time. If the killer chases you for 3 seconds and then you lose the killer... how much time did you buy for your team?
Are you playing around breaking line of sight? Are you mindgaming, trying to misdirect the Killer in your movements? Using walls/structures to your advantage? Like going to a jungle gym, you break left behind a wall and he cuts to the left too, to cut you off. But instead of continuing left, you break to the right. This will cause distance to be gained for you with the Killer having gone the wrong way and having to find you again.
Perks like I mentioned, QnQ to jump into a locker or something in the middle of a chase after you've lost line of sight with the killer. Same with Iron will, hiding in a corner or grass or something.
If you're just running through as many windows as you can, fast vaulting through them, he's gonna be notified everytime you jump through those windows and just follow you.
Don't wait at pallets. Know how much distance you have between you and the killer. Whether you have enough distance between you to go around the pallet loop again or if you need to drop it early to use that loop. Sometimes dropping the pallet early is good if the Killer decides to play the loop instead of breaking the pallet, and if he breaks the pallett, immediately move to the next loop.
Focus on wasting time, not losing the killer completely, cause sometimes they will just give up entirely on chasing you if you waste enough time.
These are some good points, I'll keep those in mind next time I'm in a chase
I'll also try to focus more on keeping the chase going rather than losing it
It's just I'm not good with mind games because you never know what they're thinking as well, they might know what I'm going to do idk aha
Thank you anyways, really useful :)) x
Can try using perks to help escaping chases. You brought up that scratchmarks lead a killer to you, but perks like dance with me might help with that. Can also use scratchmarks to your advantage. Ive done things like run to a dropoff from a 2nd story, and then walk away. The killer sees the scratchmarks and thinks you jumped down.