Why do we have to escape to get the crown?

With killer, you just get the crown. But with survivor you have to escape or else the game doesn't give you the crown. It's stupid. I have it on about 3 survivors now, but I'd have it on twice as many if you would just let us keep it even when we die. It's an inconvenience that is there for no reason. The killer does not benefit from survivors not getting the crown, and the survivors want it purely for cosmetics. So why? 1 step forward, 2 steps back as always. Pretty good job so far.

Comments

  • Survivors would suicide on hook after they got their crown

  • @chase131119 said:

    Survivors would suicide on hook after they got their crown

    I see killers going AFK after getting theirs.

  • Its a simple way of forcing participation. The devs want players to still play the game, and if they made it where you merely had to grab a crown and thats it then you would have swathes of players loading into a match, sprinting around for the crown, and then just chasing the killer to die on first hook so they can unlock the crown on the next survivor

    With 15 survivors able to get crowns (i think) thats 15 matches alone that get ruined by the above strategy. The reason they dont force the participation on killers is because there is no arbitrary way of doing it. If they made it kill based, then that would make its own issues of killers playing in less than ideal ways. In the end though its not a negative that its wasier for killers to get the crowns, it would be easier amyways by virtue of safely being able to travel the map at speed.

  • Oh, so you'd prefer killer be motivated to deny you your crown every match because they HAVE to kill people?

  • Why are survivor adepts so easier than killers?

    Cute how no survivor complains that you only have to escape for your Adept but come out and complain how it's so easy for the killer to get their Crown.

  • Hell honestly at this point I gave up on the crown as a survivor. I have escaped many times now with the crown as Jake and Jane and still do not have it. When I mentioned it in a ticket they said they have heard this problem and so far no fix because yet again today same issue. Instead though we got more time for the event. I will just simply get it with killer. I mean I do not expect it to just be given to survivors but after 3 escapes as Jake with the crown and 3 with Jane and still no crown. I give up on it for now because how much work you need to go through to get it. It is so much easier getting it for killer because you just grab and stand there until they escape. lol

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1393428#Comment_1393428

    Oh, so you'd prefer killer be motivated to deny you your crown every match because they HAVE to kill people?

    Well I mean if we are expected to escape and get out then they should have to kill at least 1 survivor. If not they may as well just give the crown to all killers for everyone right now anyway if there is no real work to getting it.

  • @Nurgling7 said:

    Because Survivors have shown in previous events that they will suicide on the hook after they get what they need for the event if given the chance.

    The killer going AFK after getting their crown is annoying, but doesnt ruin the game for everyone the way hook suiciders do.

    It kind of does because it takes away 90% of the game and point system. If i can't win chases and can't get rescues I lose many points and the chance to pip. I guess maybe I am alone here but I am not asking for it to be easy for survivor to get the event crown but it shouldnt be as simple as grabbing it for the killer either. I mean by that standards why not just give all the killers the crown anyway? I mean I could simply spend a day playing all killers run in grab crown and go AFK or play killer and earn the crown by needing to kill maybe 2 survivors. That way it makes everyone have to earn it. Sorry that seems to come off a bit mean and I did not mean to but just trying to suggest a better system for future events. I like to play both roles personally and am a bit blah how easy it is to get the crown for killers and how hard it is for survivor. I guess more so because I have escaped 6 times with Jake and Jane only for a bug to not give me the crown when I escaped with it. I mean after the work it took in those games to be denied it by a bug is annoying when as a killer I could just grab and stand. Ehh my problem not yours lol I will get over it 😀

  • The killer isn't making the game harder by going afk. The survivor is making the game harder for potentially theee other people by going afk (or killing themselves on hook).

  • And that gives basically all 5 people a free crown... survivor killing themselves right after getting their crown would make the game much shorter and possibly cost the other 3 their crowns. It shouldn’t be a race for the first person to see one and screw over their team

  • It's really not a big deal.

  • What is the problem with that? Are you guys all ruining your own gaming experience by shouting out loud just because you didn't get the crown? I am just missing the Huntress crown now and the event didn't even last for one week. And there are more than two weeks to come. Chill

    easy quad crown for survivors then

  • Two words..hook..suicides

  • While boring, this does leave the survivors free to finish objectives, get points, find their own crowns, and leave. If a killer did this, I wouldn't feel cheated or screwed over by them- I can't say the same if a teammate got their crown then immediately killed themselves.

  • Or they simply could have required both sides to get a pip when they grab a crown.

  • dam just give us the crown if we go through all 3 hooks don't die on first or 2nd hook that we want crown stay int he game.

  • Events should be fun, a 4th anniversary should be a time to celebrate, and make these crowns simple to get for both sides.

    Killer, easy, you don't even have to play, just find it and go AFK, but as survivor, you need to sweat, hopefully you find a crown on the map and escape. Not a well thought out event.

  • @will_i_am_14_85 said:

    Events should be fun, a 4th anniversary should be a time to celebrate, and make these crowns simple to get for both sides.

    Killer, easy, you don't even have to play, just find it and go AFK, but as survivor, you need to sweat, hopefully you find a crown on the map and escape. Not a well thought out event.

    The worst part is if you wanna play a survivor later but haven’t leveled them yet you have to escape perklesss... like you said a killer can all be level 1 and get it easy

  • @Nurgling7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1395342#Comment_1395342

    You could have a kill requirement for the killers to earn crowns, but we already have people on here bitching about how killers are being so unfair and toxic for this event. Imagine if the killer actually needed secure kills to get the cosmetic.

    I'm not saying this is a perfect solution, but it seems like an ok middle ground between an event where we have to do something outside of hooks/gens and events like BBQ where its just hooks/gens.

    I just dont understand if the killer has to do next to nothing for the crown why even give them the chance to grab it? They could just give the killers the crowns and leave the pedestals for the survivors. I mean no offense at all but the killer grabs it and is 100% gonna get it so why not just give them it anyway and let survivor players grab them. I would suggest cutting out the middle man and hand the killers the crowns kind of like they are doing anyway and leave the pedestals for the survivors to find. I know when I play killer and I see a survivor that manage to find a crown I do my best to not fully kill them or in some cases even help survivors find them because I know how hard it can be as a survivor.

    Then throw in the recent problem I ran into where the game bugs and even when you do escape with the crown you do not get it. That is really the only problem that bothers me. I have escaped 6 times. I have done 3 with Jake and 3 with Jane with the crown only to still not get it, It just stinks that after that work I am left with nothing while the killer walks in grabs it and can stand there or better yet decided to kill you and say nope I am the only one getting a crown which was handed to me. I just think there should have been a little more thought into this.

  • @Wylesong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1393468#Comment_1393468

    Well I mean if we are expected to escape and get out then they should have to kill at least 1 survivor. If not they may as well just give the crown to all killers for everyone right now anyway if there is no real work to getting it.

    So what? Escaping isn't hard if you're half competent. Anyway, if you make it 1 kill, that just means the rate of killers camping person #1 to death on first hook goes way up. Kill 2 and the same happens to 2 people. Kill 3 or 4 just becomes excessive.