The Ideal Decisive Nerf

Decisive Strike activates for 60 seconds... starting when you're hooked.

So Survivors get punished for doing Gens Before Friends. Because of Decisive and the long hook timer, high level Survivors can be really greedy and sit on generators to minimize the pressure from a Killer's hooks. With this nerf, there'd actually be some pressure to save people quickly, so you don't hear three generators pop before someone comes to save and teams that run Decisive have to prioritize instead of getting to do whatever they want and not get punished for it.

Comments

  • Thats terrible. So I should get punished because my Team does not save me early? Eh.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Thats terrible. So I should get punished because my Team does not save me early? Eh.

    Right now the Killer gets punished if the team saves late, which is worse tbh

  • Really dislike that, it gives solo queue survivors basically no defense against tunneling if their teammates aren’t good

    just have DS deactivate when someone else gets hooked

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1392853#Comment_1392853

    Right now the Killer gets punished if the team saves late, which is worse tbh

    It depends, if they go for a late save and you manage to intercept them the hooked person can into second stage.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1392857#Comment_1392857

    It depends, if they go for a late save and you manage to intercept them the hooked person can into second stage.

    Camping is even worse with late saves because it means you left three Survivors completely unpressured for 60 seconds and lost tons of gens

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Thats terrible. So I should get punished because my Team does not save me early? Eh.

    You already get punished in this game if your team is bad. That's nothing new.

    I'm just trying to decrease the reward for coordinated and high level teams playing well.

  • way better proposals were made and didnt happen anyway is gonna be the same with this one

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1392870#Comment_1392870

    Camping is even worse with late saves because it means you left three Survivors completely unpressured for 60 seconds and lost tons of gens

    Im not talking about camping, if you go pressure the survivors and when the timer is running near second stage you can check and see if someone is going towards the hook and interrupt him by smacking him way before he reaches the hook so he has to retreat or trade the hook since he would be unhooking injured.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1392853#Comment_1392853

    Right now the Killer gets punished if the team saves late, which is worse tbh

    The Killer does not really get punished because 1 person is longer not on a Gen. And well, when it comes to time wasted, it is not that relevant for the Killer when the Unhook happens. At some point one Survivor has to go, meaning that there will be one additional Survivor who is not working on a Gen.

    @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1392853#Comment_1392853

    You already get punished in this game if your team is bad. That's nothing new.

    I'm just trying to decrease the reward for coordinated and high level teams playing well.

    Why exactly should it be positive that good coordination gets less rewarded? Solos can also be coordinated.

  • That sounds like a massive nerf, like I always say, DS if you are working on a gen with the timer on, you are not being tunneled, if you are healing each other you are not being tunneled.

    This is how I think DS should work.

    If you are being tunneled after being unhooked, there is no timer you get to keep it as long as you are being tunneled, if you are not being tunneled and the killer hooks someone else it should deactivate for the person that was recently saved.

    Just had a match that the survivors threw themselves at me, down 2 and hooked them, they instead of leaving the area after being unhooked decided to stay there, downed another survivor, they completely healed each other then I downed one again because well he was still there in plain sight, got hit by DS, one had QnQ I wanted to reload hatchets and got hit by the other DS because I wanted to get hatchets.

    Still won, 1 pipped and I get why survivors get DS as the perk but it can be a little BS sometimes.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1392853#Comment_1392853

    Right now the Killer gets punished if the team saves late, which is worse tbh

    It's actually a good thing if they save late. What if you're in a chase about to get another hook? It adds more pressure. It's bad if when you're halfway across the map and they go for the unhook before initiating a chase.

  • Leave it as is with two exceptions. Shorten the timer to 45 seconds. And deactivate it if they unhook a survivor.

  • dont like that idea at all, kinda punishes you if your team are slow on saves or smart about it... so simply make it PURE ANTI TUNNEL, make it deactivate when the killer downs and hooks someone else, im all for ds being a thing to stop tunneling, hell id be okay with a longer stun and it counter a mori off hook but it needs to deactivate after the killer gets other hooks as thats the only issue, you shouldnt be punished for doing well and hooking others to randomly get hit by DS because of that 60second timer.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Thats terrible. So I should get punished because my Team does not save me early? Eh.

    Yepbecuz its teamplay if you team sucks everyone get punished.

  • This is a stupid idea. This just leaves the killer to hover around the hook until they're almost in second stage, leave, and then tunnel them. People wouldn't rush straight to the hook regardless either because that's stupid. Survivors need to be on the hook for a decent amount of time or the game is just going to go way too fast for the killer's side. There's also no need for a DS nerf, perk is fine. I haven't had a DS skillcheck in a long time and I run it when I'm being tunneled. They just slug, there are ways to get away with tunneling without being hit by DS, use them, or don't and deal with the consequences. Stop trying to make a perk not have a use. It's a perk for a reason, it needs to be usable.

    Or should we make things like Pop deactivate as soon as a gen is done so they have to act fast to use it to pop a gen?

  • Bait is bait.

  • @Mew said:

    Really dislike that, it gives solo queue survivors basically no defense against tunneling if their teammates aren’t good

    just have DS deactivate when someone else gets hooked

    No, that would make inconscistency so one guy get unhooked. I pursue someone for 30 secs for example, surv escape I find you and I gotta eat your DS?

    Do it like BT system is the fairer one.

    If you heal other or yourself DS timer run faster.

    If you repair a gen DS timer run faster.

    If you get healed DS desactivates.

    If you cleanse a totem DS timer run faster.

    If you interact with any killer belonging (Pig boxes,lockers, freddy clocks...) your DS timer go faster.

    If you are running, vaulting or stop DS timer keeps running as usual. ( I highly doubt you can contain a killer one min being injured)

    If you are downed DS work as usual.

    Thats the most fair DS ever and no nore problems.

    If we follow your way DS timer could last 5 secs or 300 secs. For example leatherface chainsaw you and the one who unhooked you so as your DS last till he hook someone I hook the rescuer and hook u later so DS is useless as I hooked someone else.

    The method above its the fairest one for this game.

    But DS is AnTIMOMenTuN surv perk. I want my perk that instadown a survivor that stun me,thats AnTiMOMenTuN perk for killer.

  • @Primalux135 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1392864#Comment_1392864

    No, that would make inconscistency so one guy get unhooked. I pursue someone for 30 secs for example, surv escape I find you and I gotta eat your DS?

    Do it like BT system is the fairer one.

    If you heal other or yourself DS timer run faster.

    If you repair a gen DS timer run faster.

    If you get healed DS desactivates.

    If you cleanse a totem DS timer run faster.

    If you interact with any killer belonging (Pig boxes,lockers, freddy clocks...) your DS timer go faster.

    If you are running, vaulting or stop DS timer keeps running as usual. ( I highly doubt you can contain a killer one min being injured)

    If you are downed DS work as usual.

    Thats the most fair DS ever and no nore problems.

    If we follow your way DS timer could last 5 secs or 300 secs. For example leatherface chainsaw you and the one who unhooked you so as your DS last till he hook someone I hook the rescuer and hook u later so DS is useless as I hooked someone else.

    The method above its the fairest one for this game.

    But DS is AnTIMOMenTuN surv perk. I want my perk that instadown a survivor that stun me,thats AnTiMOMenTuN perk for killer.

    oh sorry, i meant like ds stays as is (the 60 second timer) but it also just deactivates when someone else gets hooked. should’ve clarified that

    I still think thats a better idea simply for solo queue, though. having the timer start once you get hooked doesn’t make sense and would encourage very stupid and unsafe hook rescues which only SWF would be able to pull of consistently

    and also, your idea would encourage DS users to play so aggressively to get their ds off which i doubt would be fun for either side, too

  • @gatsby said:

    Decisive Strike activates for 60 seconds... starting when you're hooked.

    So Survivors get punished for doing Gens Before Friends. Because of Decisive and the long hook timer, high level Survivors can be really greedy and sit on generators to minimize the pressure from a Killer's hooks. With this nerf, there'd actually be some pressure to save people quickly, so you don't hear three generators pop before someone comes to save and teams that run Decisive have to prioritize instead of getting to do whatever they want and not get punished for it.

    So punish the player for bad teammates sounds legit

  • So are we also making NoED only proc when the gates open?