Adrenaline - rework
Not sure if Adrenaline needs any changes or if it's healthy or not, I just had this idea for a while.
First change: Adrenaline no longer instantly heals You. Insta heals on Medkits were reworked, so we could do the same to Adrenaline and have it passively heal 1 Health State 16 seconds after activation.
Second change: Adrenaline no longer wakes You up. This part was introduced in pre-rework Freddy times when being asleep slowed all actions by 50% so it might have been necessary, but that's no longer a case. Having killer-specific effects on perks is bad design, in my opinion.
Comments
All I want is that it heals you if you're injured, and if you're not you get a speed boost.
I think adrenaline is in a fine place I don't see a reason to change it I do get some bait killers before it pops and then zoom off but that's just smart timing by the survivors imo.
@MythK
I do agree that Adrenaline seems fine right now. They only change that I would really defend would be removing the wake up part; Adrenaline was buffed solely to counter old Freddy and it would be good time to revert the change now. We could even compromise and move this effect to another perk. We do have one that is actually called Wake Up!
And after thinking about the delayed healing again, I thought it could be used as a counter to NOED. Think of this situation: You're injured in a chase, last gen pops, Killer has NOED now.
What will Killer do?
1) Hit an injured survivor and reveal NOED to all healthy survivors. You get hooked, teammates cleanse NOED, You get saved but by the time You are unhooked You've healed 1 health state and are free to escape.
2) Hit an injured survivor and reveal NOED to all healthy survivors. Then proceeds to chase after another survivor and leaves you slugged. 16 seconds pass, You heal from Adrenaline and run away safely.
3) Leave You and go look for a healthy survivor to use NOED most efficiently.
In all these hypothetical situations, delayed healing actually rewards You.
I get what you're saying but it wouldn't make sense for it to pop or the timer to continue while on hook, I do get It'd be maybe a nice counter for NOED but then people will want it nerfed bc ppl would abuse the delayed healing, even more instead of baiting a killer they'd run a killer around jump over a pallet killer breaks it adrenaline pops, off they go into the sunset.
the only change adrenaline need is activate only on dangerus situations: less than 10 metters from the killer.
then the survivors who are not in danger "doing gens far away from the killer" don't get the free heal.
OBJECTION!
Having killer-specific effects on perk is excellent design. It allows for killers to have interactions with perks outside of just the perk affecting what any M1 killer can do i.e. variety. It's exactly why Spine Chill and Premonition should have a line of text that say "Does not work on The Shape in Tier One," and return that perk of Tier One to Myers. No other killer (Go away, Ghostface; you're 115%) has to stare at survivors close by in order to become what most all other killers have at base.
It's also why sabotaging lockers when a Huntress is around should be possible. Lightweight should decrease trap trigger radius on Hag, Iron Will should prevent noises when walking over Pyramid Head's trails and when affected by Plague's disease, Nurse's should show survivors trying to Snap Out, and many more, most of which are debatable, but there are some to which I'm very attached.
Not when it completely nullifies their power. Perks should have soft counters (IN BOTH WAYS, right now survivors have more counters to killer than killer to survivors, which makes it really problematic in 4v1 game) and not the hard counters like it is right now with most of the interactions in perks.
I will even say more about this topic.
It should work like this:
As it stands for now... Perks makes survivors the actual power roles in the trial. Yes, killer can win the chase, but lets face it... killers were able to win the trials in times of infinites and super fast window vaults and it was not because they had the power to do so, it was because survivors were just terrible.
It's fine where it is now. Don't nerf an already balanced perk. If you lost because someone popped the last gen, that's your fault.
That is not a rework, that is a nerf.