Survivor entitlement

So finished a game as wraith to get the new crown for him and it was a fun casual game at red ranks no Ds no flashlight spam just a fun causal game. I got a 4K on them and they got 4 gens done and I thought the game fine. Then I get a message from one of the survivors that's just stupid.

52439E96-E1A7-4C4D-AADD-D05385A3ADAF.jpeg

If you don't know getting reported multiple times on Xbox makes your reputation go down which is a horribly flawed system because I've checked my reports it's all unsportsmanlike and cheating and it only started happening when I played dead by daylight. So in short don't be a baby over these new cosmetics they aren't hard to get.

Comments

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    Xbox seriously has such a system? What a bad idea.

    Its to let other players know "Hey stay away from this person!". Yeah i agree that its a bad idea. But its really rare to see it.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    And I've been called the n-word and such by killers

    but killer good survivor bad, amirite?

    I have had killers say " why didnt you let me kill you! Why did you escape?!!"

    I'm just like it's my goal to escape.....

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381903#Comment_1381903

    Play both roles evenly and then tell us which side sends you more hate mail.

    I play killer and survivor evenly but I switched to just playing survivor because I'm trash as killer. But when I play survivor, killers on ps4 are so toxic and rude that I switch my messaging to private so only friends can message me. So now I have a lot of friend requests. Killers like to hate on survivors a lot but surv likes to hate on killers too

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    Are you serious?

    You had a totally good match. Survivors didn't bring any second chance perks or "toxic" items. So again, a great match FOR YOU. YOU got YOUR cosmetic without having to do ANYTHING AT ALL. And you have the AUDACITY to call the SURVIVOR entitled???

    No, sir. You are being handed something FOR FREE that they DID work for. Maybe try BEING KIND during a ######### holiday event, you total Scrooge. If 2 in and 2 out is balance...and you had a GREAT MATCH anyway...perhaps you could have just, idk, been a bro and let two of the sparkly people go, since it was just a "fun" and "casual" game.

    I played 5 hours of no-kill killer today because of people like you.

    the survivor in this post is acting entitled. they believe they are due some sort of behavior from the killer because its a event. the killer doesn't have to do anything for the survivor and if the survivor expects him to just because he can get a item its because he feels entitled to get out because he has the crown. Youre saying the killer is entitled? but why, do you know what the definition of entitled is. entitled=believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment. The killer is just playing a normal game and the survivor is trying to get out for free because he want a crown.

  • @ggezbaby said:

    They're an idiot and so are the fools defending him in this thread. SORRY entitled survivor mains. You dont get a free escape just because you're sparkly. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard or seen being defended.

    a new rule for the survivors rule book for killers

  • Facecamp him next time and tell him why. I mean if killer had to kill to get these stupid crowns I guess survivors would just let the killer kill them..LOL

  • Just because this is an event doesn't mean killers have to bend over for you to **** them. Yes, its difficult for survivors to obtain this cosmetic as they must escape while killers don't need to do anything. But maybe if you spent less time complaining on the forums about it, and spent that time getting better at DBD, you could actually escape with the crown.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1382001#Comment_1382001

    I hate to point out the obvious here...but if you had just been decent to people who were decent to you...trying to do the same thing you entered the match to do only they have to work MUCH harder for it than you did...you wouldn't have that problem.

    I am a PC player, so this is a non-issue for Killers on my platform. Someone can report people all day - it doesn't do anything. ๐Ÿ˜‚ And no, I dont condone him reporting you for being selfish...but that doesn't make him entitled just because he wants what you got FOR FREE and he worked hard for during that match while being a decent opponent. You think for one event week you could stop and think about people other than yourself?Maybe?

    Please don't tell me it's work to find a crown. ๐Ÿ™„ You sound even more like a glutton. You are why survivors should just get the crown for "doing the work" to find the pillar also, without having to escape. There's no reason why Killers should get it FOR FREE, deny it to survivors, and then have the balls to come in here and claim SURVIVORS are ENTITLED. That's a ######### joke.

    And yes, people being selfish ######### in this game does trigger me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    That's not his fault tho. That's the game devs choice to make it that way. Do you think all survivors should throw the game for killers if you had to get a 4k with the crown to get it? Bet you wouldn't defend killers complaining about not getting a crown after the survivors didn't let the killer win. Killers shouldn't have to let survivors go they should be skilled enough to get out with crown and not get caught. I agree that survivors should just have to find it and finish the game like killers but I think the reason they did that is so survivors wouldn't just kill themselves on hook after getting the crown. It's fine to disagree with Somthing but don't blame killers for not throwing the game for you to get a cosmetic.

  • It's ironic that you tell him to work for his cosmetic when you got yours for free.

    Not that I'm saying he has a point, I'm just saying neither do you.

  • I already said this on another chat but I've received racist, homophobic messages on xbox from entailed survivors. Before the event just as much. It doesn't matter hoe fair you play entailed toxic survivors will be toxic entailed survivors.

  • @alaenyia said:

    All you had to do was be present to get a crown and you are mad that this survivor, who was not afforded the same luxury, is annoyed? I assume they did not have super meta perks because during a "fun, casual holiday" they were expecting a different experience. And his language and tone are very nice considering, nothing to be whining on the forums about.

    He's being passive aggressive but ok

  • @Pizzaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/165003/survivor-entitlement

    I think you got it wrong.

    You're playing on a flawed platform, but you blame the community of a game for the flaws of the platform. This could happen as well for every other game that you play.

    Nah I only play dead by daylight and ark with some friends and a bunch of single player games. Plus even when I did play other games like over watch, fortnite or any cod game this never happened. It only started happening when I got to purple ranks on dead by daylight

  • Wouldnt really say its entitlement, during events i'd like to think gamers would come together and help each other get any rewards.

    Its being nice, ive never once said no to a killer whos asked for help with a challenge. I help, i even let one rancor me recently. Its a game, help and be nice. Its not difficult.

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo said:

    Wouldnt really say its entitlement, during events i'd like to think gamers would come together and help each other get any rewards.

    Its being nice, ive never once said no to a killer whos asked for help with a challenge. I help, i even let one rancor me recently. Its a game, help and be nice. Its not difficult.

    Ok but I also don't care and I can play the game the way it's intended to kill the survivors. It's optional to get the crown just like it's optional to do challenges

  • What got me really twisted rn is that people are agruing with eachother about this ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

    Boohoo killer scary man from dead by daylight didn't let survivor pal live for simple cosmetic. Boo hoo, try again?


    This community really get their panties in a twist sometimes and its ridiculous

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    Are you serious?

    You had a totally good match. Survivors didn't bring any second chance perks or "toxic" items. So again, a great match FOR YOU. YOU got YOUR cosmetic without having to do ANYTHING AT ALL. And you have the AUDACITY to call the SURVIVOR entitled???

    No, sir. You are being handed something FOR FREE that they DID work for. Maybe try BEING KIND during a ######### holiday event, you total Scrooge. If 2 in and 2 out is balance...and you had a GREAT MATCH anyway...perhaps you could have just, idk, been a bro and let two of the sparkly people go, since it was just a "fun" and "casual" game.

    I played 5 hours of no-kill killer today because of people like you.

    @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1382001#Comment_1382001

    I hate to point out the obvious here...but if you had just been decent to people who were decent to you...trying to do the same thing you entered the match to do only they have to work MUCH harder for it than you did...you wouldn't have that problem.

    I am a PC player, so this is a non-issue for Killers on my platform. Someone can report people all day - it doesn't do anything. ๐Ÿ˜‚ And no, I dont condone him reporting you for being selfish...but that doesn't make him entitled just because he wants what you got FOR FREE and he worked hard for during that match while being a decent opponent. You think for one event week you could stop and think about people other than yourself?Maybe?

    Please don't tell me it's work to find a crown. You are why survivors should just get the crown for "doing the work" to find the pillar also, without having to escape. There's no reason why Killers should get it FOR FREE, deny it to survivors, and then you come in here and claim SURVIVORS are ENTITLED.

    Not sure if you know this, but you can get the survivor crowns by just PLAYING THE GAME NORMALLY. I got all the survivors crowns less than 2 days. And what if the survivors in his match already had crowns, but were just trying to find an excuse to get a free escape. Killers are supposed to kill. Its in the name. Survivors are supposed to try to escape and survive. It doesnt mean that the killer has to let them go. But I guess this makes me entitled as well, huh? I hate to point out the obvious here...but he is in the right. Its their decision.

  • @starkiller1286 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381938#Comment_1381938

    If someone false reports me on a game system that takes multiple reports as fact and punishes you for it. Yes they are being entitled.

    I mostly play killer but some games I let the crown getters escape sometimes I don't. Only if I find a crown with a survivor in chase or, carrying them to a hook are they gauranteed to go.

    As low ranked survivor no killer let anyone just walk for free nor are they supposed to or did I expect it. You sound incredibly upset that others are not playing like you which I dont fully understand since it is a 2 week long event and not a single day event. Besides it takes (some) work to find the crown it isnt just put in their inventory and if therevwas a kill or hooking requirement everyone knows the forum complaints would still flow in probably moreso since survivors could actively try and deny the killer their permanent cosmetic.

    You do realise that survivors also have to find the crown? It isn't just "put in their inventory". The survivors have to do more work for the crowns.

    Also you say thet if there was a killing requirement then survivors would try to deny the killer kills..... thats what survivors do. They survive. And yes i know that killers kill but i just wanted to point out all the points yu made were pointless.

    Also as you say. "low rank survivor" low ranks and red ranks are two completely different mindsets.

  • @RiskyShark said:

    So finished a game as wraith to get the new crown for him and it was a fun casual game at red ranks no Ds no flashlight spam just a fun causal game. I got a 4K on them and they got 4 gens done and I thought the game fine. Then I get a message from one of the survivors that's just stupid.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LRQX9JGN6UDB/52439e96-e1a7-4c4d-aadd-d05385a3adaf.jpeg

    If you don't know getting reported multiple times on Xbox makes your reputation go down which is a horribly flawed system because I've checked my reports it's all unsportsmanlike and cheating and it only started happening when I played dead by daylight. So in short don't be a baby over these new cosmetics they aren't hard to get.

    Like okay i get where you are coming from but you literally didnt have to work for it at all

  • @Papayarng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1382001#Comment_1382001

    You do realise that survivors also have to find the crown? It isn't just "put in their inventory". The survivors have to do more work for the crowns.

    Also you say thet if there was a killing requirement then survivors would try to deny the killer kills..... thats what survivors do. They survive. And yes i know that killers kill but i just wanted to point out all the points yu made were pointless.

    Also as you say. "low rank survivor" low ranks and red ranks are two completely different mindsets.

    You're right what I meant was if killers had to get X amount of hooks or hook on special hooks survivors would actively break them despite being hooked does not negate their ability to earn a crown. Much like the BBQ Summer event survivors would break the event hooks to deny killer their progress and how killers would guard event gens to prevent survivors their progress. Survivors have to survive otherwise it would be like the hallowed blight event where, once they get their item they would immediately try to get hooked and suicide on hook to go to the next match for more of that item. Whenever one side has to do an action if there is the ability to negate that the other side tends to try and do so or work around to get their progression faster.

  • @DCash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1382329#Comment_1382329

    He's not wrong. People should earn their crowns. It's not like it's hard. I already have every survivor crown on day one. There's still weeks left of anniversary. Yesterday I got 1 hooked and face camped by a huntress. She just stood there and held her hatchet. I am an Ace main and I get mori'd by some Billy's because they hate Ace. My point is, a reward isn't rewarding if it's handed out. I earned all my crowns by fire. Stop complaining.

    We have just as much right to speak up about OUR experiences as you do to tell people the equivalence of 'shut up'.

    Nobody is asking to be handed the rewards. Shouldn't be considered entitled to be irked about getting tunneled to death off first hook six times in a row.

    Yeah, that happened today because they're purposefully targeting people who have them as someone else has stated here already and if you don't escape, you don't get it. Thus making them harder to get for those who keep saying 'it's easy lul, just escape'. Yeah, that would be nice if we had a fair chance at doing so without people being petty.

    I've already gotten all of mine despite these ######### people, but that doesn't mean it's still not wrong of killers to be purposefully targeting people because they have one. It doesn't suddenly become okay to do just because I've gotten what I wanted. It's still affecting people who haven't.

    Imagine thinking something that is wrong is okay because it doesn't affect you. Couldn't be me. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

  • @RetroPix3l said:

    Also just wanted to note if you get a cool killer who let's you find crowns and leave, well then that's awesome. I've been denied leaving with the crown a few times and it's a little frustrating but that's just the name of the game I don't hold it against the killer for doing their job. I'd rather die with the crown and let my teammates escape over them sacrificing themselves for me so that the killer gets more kills. Quoting The Rolling Stones you can't always get what you want. It's also that much more satisfying when you finally do get it, but that's just me.

    There's a big difference between getting upset because you're not getting out with one because of normal game play and not getting out with one because you're being targeted for having one over and over and over and over.

    If you die in a regular game and didn't get it, whatever.

    If the killer messages you after the match to brag about how they prevented you from getting it, it's not just whatever and it's worse when you run into the same killer multiple times.

    It's pretty ######### scummy and there's so many, but their messages can't be used against them to show that you're being targeted because it's not within the client. (Ps4)

  • I haven't really been following the earning rules of this event because, well to be honest, I typically don't care about cosmetics in Dead by Daylight. The only games I go for cosmetics in are Overwatch or transmogs in WoW.

    Anyway, a Killer just has to finish a trial after finding a crown, but survivors must escape? Bloody hell if that isn't a new level of lopsided from BHVR.

    Well, guess when I play Killer during this thing, I'm going to be letting a lot of survivors escape, then.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    Are you serious?

    You had a totally good match. Survivors didn't bring any second chance perks or "toxic" items. So again, a great match FOR YOU. YOU got YOUR cosmetic without having to do ANYTHING AT ALL. And you have the AUDACITY to call the SURVIVOR entitled???

    No, sir. You are being handed something FOR FREE that they DID work for. Maybe try BEING KIND during a ######### holiday event, you total Scrooge. If 2 in and 2 out is balance...and you had a GREAT MATCH anyway...perhaps you could have just, idk, been a bro and let two of the sparkly people go, since it was just a "fun" and "casual" game.

    I played 5 hours of no-kill killer today because of people like you.

    And which page of the Survivors Rulebook For Killers can I find the rule that states I have to let survivors go during events? Because the DBD rulebook says:

    Killers are supposed to kill.

    Survivors are supposed to try to survive.

    The cosmetic isn't even that good anyway.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    #########

    The survivor community has a serious false sense of oppression. My God.

    More like the community period has serious false sense of oppression.

  • My favorite complaint I've received as a Killer:

    I was playing my first game of Pyramid Head, and got The Game. Time went by, and I eventually found two survivors in the bathroom: a Lucy and a Meg. I chased the Lucy, and eventually sent her to a cage. She was quickly saved, and I was nearby patrolling gens. I checked it out, and the Lucy ran right into me. I downed her after she used her Dead Hard, and hooked her. The Meg saved her, and I chased her around. By the time I downed and hooked her, two gens were done. Meg got saved, and was healed so Deathbound went off. I made my way over, and downed the Meg and hooked her again after running into her. I found Lucy shortly after, hit her and a third gen popped. She saved the Meg, and I downed Lucy. I chased Meg and got her too. I hooked Meg, and by then Lucy was up. I went back downstairs where I ran right into Lucy. She didn't last long. At that point, I had the setup for a decent three-gen and started to patrol them. A few minutes pass, and I finally run into a Claudette working on a gen. I hook her, and start running around the bottom floor looking for the hatch. Claudette dies on the hook, and the last survivor, who I didn't even see the whole game, escapes through the hatch.

    After the game, I received a message from the Lucy complaining that I tunneled her the whole game. I explained pretty much exactly what I said here. She literally ran into me every time, and she still complained. When it comes to this game, each side has a complete lack of empathy for the other. Survivors don't understand how demoralizing fighting a full SWF can be, and Killers don't understand that solo queueing sucks.

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo said:

    Wouldnt really say its entitlement, during events i'd like to think gamers would come together and help each other get any rewards.

    Its being nice, ive never once said no to a killer whos asked for help with a challenge. I help, i even let one rancor me recently. Its a game, help and be nice. Its not difficult.

    this how i am too i mean sometime killer or survivor need help.it not really i want the killer to go easy on me it killers going out of they way to camp tunnel mori anyone sparky.

    i seen killer pass none sparkly survivors(one who are like right there next to killer) to tunnel the one who are sparkly to make sure they don't make it out and alot of the killer using the crown head when doing this like saying i got it your not..

1 2 โ€บ