Dead By Daylight Questions that I still don't know the answer too after 500+ Hours.

Hello all that read this I started playing this game in early 2019 and have climbed to rank 1 in both killer and steady maintain it when I am active in the game . (I do take long breaks like most do I assume) As a Survivor I've played most of the hours solo without KYF. I just have questions that I've always wanted answered and maybe you guys can help give me some insight on things I don't know.

  1. Why does it feel like in most of my games people do not do Gens from rank 1 to 20? I'm a solid looper and so often times I will garner the attention of the killer but I feel like in most of the games I am doing all the work and the big thing survivors don't do well outside of being not good at looping the killer is not doing gens? I often max 8k Boldness and 8k OBJ but it's super frustrating and it feels like more often than not.
  2. Why do more players not run Lithe? I've always been in the field of Lithe > other exhaustation perks. Now I'm not ignorant to the fact that BL and DH have been superior at times but at the same time I feel like Lithe is more underrated than it should be?
  3. I've climbed with Myers and Wraith as a killer and not being egotistical but I just wanted to know if this is impressive or not because people always tell me that its hard to climb with those and I wonder if thats true or not ?
  4. How come most survivor items/offerings are useless? I don't want a buff on survivors tbh but It does feel bad that the luck stuff and half the times are just basically pointless. The game would be more interesting if they had more value but at the same time I dont' want Survivors being too OP for both sides I play on.
  5. Do you guys think they should keep reworkings maps like Lerys to match the new map and that one to look better or do you guys want new maps over that? Personally I want the older maps to be reworked but that's just me.

Thanks in advance. usps tracking showbox speed test

Comments

    1. I'm a Killer main, and trust me, it does not feel like that on my side. I think the problem is that you remember the bad games (For you, no gens done. For me, gens speeding past) much more then the good/average match, making it seem more of a problem then it is.
    2. Again, Killer main, but it's probably the least consistent exhaustion perk besides Head On. Dead Hard and Sprint Burst can be manually activated, and Balanced Landing is a bit tricky, but if you position yourself near a drop it's easy to pull off. I do see Lithe occasionally, but it has the issue where it needs a specific setup like BL to use, and tells the killer where you where when you use it (Unless you use Quick and Quiet, which is 2 perks slots for one goal)
    3. Wraith is easy to rank up with. His chases start when he uncloaks, so the game things you're constantly getting super early hits, making it easy to rank up with. Same deal with Legion. Myers, I'm not sure on.
    4. Most Killer offerings are useless. Removing chests, making hooks slightly closer together, forcing survivors apart at the start. The only good offering Killer has besides BP are Mori's. As to why they're useless, I have no clue. It's something I doubt they'll look at, as it's not really that big of an ussue.
    5. They're doing a graphical update in the near future, so all maps will probably look like the new one.
    1. Playing killer and survivor. I think it depends on if survivors are doing secondary objectives or are really bad. I have games as killer where gens are all done before I can finish my first chase. Other times, no gen will be done after I've been looped for 2 or 3 minutes. Matchmaking and secondary objectives really screw around with gen times.
    2. Lithe is inconsistent and really needs other perks to work well. Balanced Landing is a little less inconsistent because some maps just don't have many drops. Dead Hard is more consistent except for instant downs and lag. Sprint Burst is always consistent, you just have to learn to walk more which is annoying.
    3. Wraith is easy to rank up. Michael Myers is hard.
    4. Removing Chests is actually pretty powerful @TheMythicalCat , so it making hooks slightly closer together. If you see a team without items, I always run the remove chests perk and the hooks being closer together reduces the time it takes to find a hook. The problem with that perk is you don't get it often enough to use it. The killer mist offers should be removed and forcing survivors apart should be a common add on. Good survivor perks are thickening the mist, bloodpoint bonuses and adding chest. I can't tell a different in hooks when I use the oak branch. Neither can I tell a difference in starting as far away from the killer, the killer always comes to me first when I play that perk. The starting everyone together is usually bad also, because the killer will find everyone.
    5. I think the Lery's redux was awesome. I'd love to see that done to "The Game" which has no atmosphere at all, it really needs some fog. The Pyramid Head map is another beautifully done map. I'd love to see all the map levels get redone. The fog, creepy random sounds and random moving stuff (Like lockers randomly opening in Pyramid Head's map) need to be added to all maps. Maybe no Haddenfield, it kind of needs to stay as is to be true to the movie.
  • @tinekastil2


    1: every survivor has their own personal objective. sometimes it's rift stuff or a daily, sometimes a survivor wants to have fun or induce a chase. it sounds like you're hard at work, but not every survivor prioritizes a gen, they might be too busy with their 4 dimensional chess moves. try to have fun as survivor, they simplely don't need to work as hard as the killer does.

    2: I also have a deep infatuation with Lithe. However, Sprint Burst is the #1 exhaust perk. Perks come in a few types, namely variable, passive, and conditional. Unlike Sprint Burst, which can be stealthily activated at anytime, Lithe along with the rest of the exhaust perks are conditional activations. Lithe not only requires a vault to activate, but it's noisy without QnQ. Dead Hard is a strong runner following lithe, but it requires the loss of a health state, something that Billy/Bubba and others can easily bypass with an instant dying state. Lithe is super awesome and super reliable, but Sprint Burst activates on demand and doesn't alert the killer.

    3: Good Wraiths are good at what they do. Michael Myers is not an easy killer to climb higher ranks with, but even with the right addons, he's still slow to start.

    4: useless is highly subjective. They all support a main build in some way. The only truly useless offerings are the Event offerings that are greyed out. Even the basic personal salt offering increases your chance off the hook, although that's not *reliable* for many obvious and unobvious reasons. Most of the smaller offerings can feel inconsequential to the trial they're offered for, but they do have an impact, and they are usually in great supply. You should be burning off all of your browns and yellows before using better offerings anyways, as most of the browns and yellows BP offerings can help you score 40k

    5. Hopefully they fix up Clown mechanics, the stiff semi invisible hair found on pig and Feng, the multitude of audio issues found inside the trial, as well other QoL necessities. Their art department has become fatty.

  • 1. Because rank doesn't mean skill in this game at all. Red ranks are filled with new survivors that have no idea what they are doing. A lot of red rank survivors belong in rank 15 at best. Ranking up is way too easy and the rank reset changes made things way worse. You used to go from rank 1 to rank 10 before but now you just go back one colour and these trash survivors pretty much never leave red ranks anymore.

    2. I don't think Lithe is that good at all. Sometimes activating it doesn't help you much at all, such as while looping at shack. It's still a good perk but I would always pick other exhaustion perks except Head On. Also a lot of people actually think that Sprint Burst is the best exhaustion perk, myself included.

    3. I don't have much experience with those killers but I know that it is pretty easy to rank up as Wraith.

    4. Both sides have pretty bad offerings except map offerings and moris (and those are insanely overpowered).

    5. I want older maps reworked personally. I think we already have too many maps in the game and I don't like a lot of the newer maps.

    1. You'd be surprised. People waste time without even realizing it. Sometimes you'll get a guy religiously following the killer around waiting for a flashlight save, sometimes it'll be someone looking for totems or just being immersed.
    2. Lithe is alright, depends what you're after. Personally, I'd rather stick around at a good tile and use the window a few times before leaving. If I vault a good window with Lithe once, it goes off. If I'm staying in that tile anyway, it's a waste.
    3. Not true, for Wraith at least. Both are good at getting that first surprise hit, which means they bank a ton of chaser very easily since it counts as a short chase. Shorter chases mean more chaser score. Myers has one caveat in that downing someone from healthy doesn't count any differently from downing them from injured in terms of emblems, so if you're using Evil Within 3 a lot, you could potentially miss out on some chaser. But again, that is sorta' offset by the surprise attacks you'll get.
    4. Pretty much all offerings are from the original release of the game or shortly after. It was a different time back then. Most offerings did way less than they do now (common BP offerings would add 25% to one category). Luck is actually deceptively good, though. Tossing on luck with Up The Ante-- or multiple Up The Antes-- can nearly guarantee an unhook.
    5. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • @TheMythicalCat @tinekastil2

    the pointless offerings and horrible add-ons are there as basically a 'blank spot' on your bloodweb. It's more satisfying to unlock 3 things costing 3k to get to your perk that costs 5k, instead of unlocking the perk immediately for 14k. It gives you a sense of progression, even though you're only collecting garbage.

    edit: It's also similar to why there are bad cards in card games. A new player might think these are useful, only to realize later that they're not useful at all. It's a small thing but it makes the player feel like they're getting better at the game, which they are.

  • @tinekastil2 said:

    Hello all that read this I started playing this game in early 2019 and have climbed to rank 1 in both killer and steady maintain it when I am active in the game . (I do take long breaks like most do I assume) As a Survivor I've played most of the hours solo without KYF. I just have questions that I've always wanted answered and maybe you guys can help give me some insight on things I don't know.

    1. Why does it feel like in most of my games people do not do Gens from rank 1 to 20? I'm a solid looper and so often times I will garner the attention of the killer but I feel like in most of the games I am doing all the work and the big thing survivors don't do well outside of being not good at looping the killer is not doing gens? I often max 8k Boldness and 8k OBJ but it's super frustrating and it feels like more often than not.
    2. Why do more players not run Lithe? I've always been in the field of Lithe > other exhaustation perks. Now I'm not ignorant to the fact that BL and DH have been superior at times but at the same time I feel like Lithe is more underrated than it should be?
    3. I've climbed with Myers and Wraith as a killer and not being egotistical but I just wanted to know if this is impressive or not because people always tell me that its hard to climb with those and I wonder if thats true or not ?
    4. How come most survivor items/offerings are useless? I don't want a buff on survivors tbh but It does feel bad that the luck stuff and half the times are just basically pointless. The game would be more interesting if they had more value but at the same time I dont' want Survivors being too OP for both sides I play on.
    5. Do you guys think they should keep reworkings maps like Lerys to match the new map and that one to look better or do you guys want new maps over that? Personally I want the older maps to be reworked but that's just me.

    Thanks in advance.

    1. Kinda true, its a mix. Ranks havent been portraying skill for years now. As long as you do not depip often, you end up ranking up.
    2. Sprintburst is the best exhaustion perk, Dead Hard is more used for creating distance to reach a pallet when otherwise you wouldnt, extending the loop. Lithe would only work better using other perks, like Dance With Me and/or Quick and Quiet. But IMO, Lithe is better than Balanced Landing as it tends to be more consistent overall.
    3. Wraith is easy to rank up, Myers is slightly harder, but all that aside, ranking up is easy as a whole. I mean, even when I tried losing a pip with Demogorgon by playing super greedy everytime, I still ended up with a black pip. The only way to truly lose a pip, is to remain inactive all game with insidious. Earning pips might be harder for some killers, but honestly, the ability to not lose pips alone should be good enough to climb.
    4. Most offerings are useless. Map offerings and yellow+ BP addons are pretty much the only ones worth offering in general. Killers just get an additional Mori offering thats also nice. As for the mist, they are okay-ish, depending on killer, but not exactly great. But the survivor-side luck offering is only really good against a trapper. Otherwise, with all 4 using it, it's decent at best as you still have terrible odds at unhooking yourself. They might want to add in offerings affecting bushes or pallets instead. I mean, a +1 pallet offering for survivors with killers having a -2 pallet offering(-3 is too strong) would be very interesting.
    5. They are actually doing that. From what I have heard, it could be as early as August(but I dont trust my sources, so it probably ends up being later).
  • @Peanits said:

    1. You'd be surprised. People waste time without even realizing it. Sometimes you'll get a guy religiously following the killer around waiting for a flashlight save, sometimes it'll be someone looking for totems or just being immersed.
    2. Lithe is alright, depends what you're after. Personally, I'd rather stick around at a good tile and use the window a few times before leaving. If I vault a good window with Lithe once, it goes off. If I'm staying in that tile anyway, it's a waste.
    3. Not true, for Wraith at least. Both are good at getting that first surprise hit, which means they bank a ton of chaser very easily since it counts as a short chase. Shorter chases mean more chaser score. Myers has one caveat in that downing someone from healthy doesn't count any differently from downing them from injured in terms of emblems, so if you're using Evil Within 3 a lot, you could potentially miss out on some chaser. But again, that is sorta' offset by the surprise attacks you'll get.
    4. Pretty much all offerings are from the original release of the game or shortly after. It was a different time back then. Most offerings did way less than they do now (common BP offerings would add 25% to one category). Luck is actually deceptively good, though. Tossing on luck with Up The Ante-- or multiple Up The Antes-- can nearly guarantee an unhook.
    5. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Funny enough is that getting Surprise Hits (to me) is fairly easy, but getting BP in Hunting past 6k is (to me) pretty damn difficult.