Dude, if it was random it could appear inside a wall or places that we cant get in (inside walls etc) so it is a little bit obvious that it have different spots that have the possibility to spawn
At least with something like DBD's hatch, I would think every tile has a set number of places where the hatch can possibly exist. You also can't game the system (aside from dumb-luck edge cases as Peanits specified above), since it is invisible until its spawn conditions are met.
Not true (anymore). The first time i took the hatch on the new map, it was on the stairs landing between first floor and ground floor.
What I think the guy means is it will not spawn at a place where you can physically move under, but the stairs in the new map has no space for players to walk under.
I was under the assumption it was always there, and the spawning referred to it opening, because Multiple times as a killer i've found the hatch within the first minute of a game. it's hard to keep track of the other factors such as #of gens repaired when I made this assumption. Most likely I'm incorrect, which would make sense considering the video.
I've had a friend tell me this happened too, it could be a bug but it's really not supposed to show up that early.
If it did, keys would be stupid op. Start match>Find Hatch>Killer's Weave Snatched
What I think the guy means is it will not spawn at a place where you can physically move under, but the stairs in the new map has no space for players to walk under.
No, that does not make sense either cuz it can spawn in shack even though basement can be there. They must have changed it for the new map, though I'm not sure if it can spawn on the second floor
If it was random... Why does everyone bolt to the shack first when hatch spawns? Or the basement in Badham?
It's random to an extent. The tile it is on is set up so it isn't in another object, but those hatch spawns are well known so they are often the first checked
No, that does not make sense either cuz it can spawn in shack even though basement can be there. They must have changed it for the new map, though I'm not sure if it can spawn on the second floor
I never had a game where both shack had both hatch and basement, I usually get one or neither of these options
Does it only remain invisible to the survivors though? I'm quite confident I've spawned into the game right next to it as a killer at least once. My memory might be off though.
I mean maybe. I look for it but I never see it before the conditions are met. Though I don't play a ton, a couple games every few days. So I'd be less likely to run into it haha
Not sure why anyone would disagree with this statement. The location of all objects in the map only appear to be randomized, but there are patterns due to rules put in place by the devs to prevent collision and unwanted nonsense with object placement related to the randomized map.
But, how does one determine what those rules are, and whether or not the rules used to determine the hatch placement are constant? Like, if you truly want some randomization, make a certain set of rules active depending on the current state of the match. Have those change if the conditions are different. Then within each ruleset, assign a probability for the hatch to spawn on each tile, with that probability specific to that ruleset. Assuming this is one way it could be done, how does anyone determine something that complex? I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'm guessing this video was possible due to a bug or something. Like the survivors could somehow see the aura of it.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Dude, if it was random it could appear inside a wall or places that we cant get in (inside walls etc) so it is a little bit obvious that it have different spots that have the possibility to spawn
Honestly this should be common knowledge by the time you have at least 200 hours of game time, some gamer Intuition never hurt anyone
Also there's someone who probably thought: yeah captain obvious
It could be worse. Back when Friday the 13th first came out, maps were so static that I figured out how to tell where Jason's cabin and the phone both spawned, just by looking at the map layout. It wasn't procedural at all, it just picked from one of four static layouts per map.
At least with something like DBD's hatch, I would think every tile has a set number of places where the hatch can possibly exist. You also can't game the system (aside from dumb-luck edge cases as Peanits specified above), since it is invisible until its spawn conditions are met.
LITERALLY. About 50% of time, it spawns in basement which is actually annoying. I would love for it to be less predictable somehow
Thats because there is technically no other “floor” beneath them. Like how hatch can spawn on hills.
What I think the guy means is it will not spawn at a place where you can physically move under, but the stairs in the new map has no space for players to walk under.
If it was random... Why does everyone bolt to the shack first when hatch spawns? Or the basement in Badham?
I've had a friend tell me this happened too, it could be a bug but it's really not supposed to show up that early.
If it did, keys would be stupid op. Start match>Find Hatch>Killer's Weave Snatched
No, that does not make sense either cuz it can spawn in shack even though basement can be there. They must have changed it for the new map, though I'm not sure if it can spawn on the second floor
It's random to an extent. The tile it is on is set up so it isn't in another object, but those hatch spawns are well known so they are often the first checked
I never had a game where both shack had both hatch and basement, I usually get one or neither of these options
I mean maybe. I look for it but I never see it before the conditions are met. Though I don't play a ton, a couple games every few days. So I'd be less likely to run into it haha
But, how does one determine what those rules are, and whether or not the rules used to determine the hatch placement are constant? Like, if you truly want some randomization, make a certain set of rules active depending on the current state of the match. Have those change if the conditions are different. Then within each ruleset, assign a probability for the hatch to spawn on each tile, with that probability specific to that ruleset. Assuming this is one way it could be done, how does anyone determine something that complex? I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'm guessing this video was possible due to a bug or something. Like the survivors could somehow see the aura of it.