So...this chapter is a bug record breaker it seems...

Firstly - this isn't a bug report. This is a rant.

  1. Sounds worse than before (which is funny cause the patch notes literally said it was fixed). Now you can't even hear survivors dropping and landing, in addition to footsteps and being in dying state most of the time.
  2. Bloodwarden is straight up broken on the new map. It literally doesn't work. They can actually walk right through, and if they can't, they can stand right in front of it and if you hit them, they get hit through, so you're screwed.
  3. The new map is a horses ass. The IDEA is good, the aesthetic is fantastic, but the execution...like...who the hell designed that layout? Whoever it was, please, hire someone who plays the game to double check and proof their work. They clearly know how to design COOL stuff, but not FUNCTIONAL stuff. A fog whisperer even. It's basically Haddonfield 2.0, except Haddonfield is actually less of a pain in the ass if you can believe that; except this map is a pain for killers AND survivors. Do you know how many survivors I've seen die because their team mates straight up can't figure out how to get to them? It's a mess. Absolute hot garbage.
  4. Billy.
  5. Why in the hell does a mori work after a cage, and not after being hooked with Pyramid Head? I say that even as a killer main. YOU GUYS SHOULD NOT BE HAVING THESE KINDS OF OVERSIGHTS AFTER 4 YEARS.
  6. Loadouts intermittently missing from tally screen. (Bravo, btw. You found a way to break something you barely touched).

These are just the ones I notice on the regular.

We're at a point in this games lifetime where you guys at BHVR have literally...LITERALLY found every possible way you can kill the trust you have with your player base. I won't speak for everyone here, but I know myself and a huge portion of your community are absolutely SICK AND TIRED of dealing with a game where there are LITERALLY OPEN BETAS OF EVERY SINGLE LARGE UPDATE THAT REPORT ALL THESE ISSUES WELL BEFORE YOU RELEASE AND YOU STILL CAN'T GET THIS ######### FIXED...and yet...we still play, because we love what it represents, and what it brings to the table.

What on earth is WRONG with you guys? Sound for example has been literally broken for YEARS...and HOW DOES SOMETHING LIKE the BLOODWARDEN bug get through QA? Do you even HAVE QA?!? If you do - double down on their budget.

Comments

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    Firstly - this isn't a bug report. This is a rant.

    1. Sounds worse than before (which is funny cause the patch notes literally said it was fixed). Now you can't even hear survivors dropping and landing, in addition to footsteps and being in dying state most of the time.
    2. Bloodwarden is straight up broken on the new map. It literally doesn't work. They can actually walk right through, and if they can't, they can stand right in front of it and if you hit them, they get hit through, so you're screwed.
    3. The new map is a horses ass. The IDEA is good, the aesthetic is fantastic, but the execution...like...who the hell designed that layout? Whoever it was, please, hire someone who plays the game to double check and proof their work. They clearly know how to design COOL stuff, but not FUNCTIONAL stuff. A fog whisperer even. It's basically Haddonfield 2.0, except Haddonfield is actually less of a pain in the ass if you can believe that; except this map is a pain for killers AND survivors. Do you know how many survivors I've seen die because their team mates straight up can't figure out how to get to them? It's a mess. Absolute hot garbage.
    4. Billy.
    5. Why in the hell does a mori work after a cage, and not after being hooked with Pyramid Head? I say that even as a killer main. YOU GUYS SHOULD NOT BE HAVING THESE KINDS OF OVERSIGHTS AFTER 4 YEARS.
    6. Loadouts intermittently missing from tally screen. (Bravo, btw. You found a way to break something you barely touched).

    These are just the ones I notice on the regular.

    We're at a point in this games lifetime where you guys at BHVR have literally...LITERALLY found every possible way you can kill the trust you have with your player base. I won't speak for everyone here, but I know myself and a huge portion of your community are absolutely SICK AND TIRED of dealing with a game where there are LITERALLY OPEN BETAS OF EVERY SINGLE LARGE UPDATE THAT REPORT ALL THESE ISSUES WELL BEFORE YOU RELEASE AND YOU STILL CAN'T GET THIS ######### FIXED...and yet...we still play, because we love what it represents, and what it brings to the table.

    What on earth is WRONG with you guys? Sound for example has been literally broken for YEARS...and HOW DOES SOMETHING LIKE the BLOODWARDEN bug get through QA? Do you even HAVE QA?!? If you do - double down on their budget.

    I'm sorry to hear you're upset with the game. Here: have some Zarina cosmetics. Jk, I'm just messing with you. I agree with you about the devs and bugs. They either don't know or don't care about what they're doing. I don't which is worse.

  • @Arctic_Krampus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/162826/so-this-chapter-is-a-bug-record-breaker-it-seems

    I'm sorry to hear you're upset with the game. Here: have some Zarina cosmetics. Jk, I'm just messing with you. I agree with you about the devs and bugs. They either don't know or don't care about what they're doing. I don't which is worse.

    we need more karen cosmetics for zarina tbh

  • Half of these aren't bugs and are just things you're mad about. Consider taking a deep breath and counting to ten.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    Firstly - this isn't a bug report. This is a rant.

    1. Sounds worse than before (which is funny cause the patch notes literally said it was fixed). Now you can't even hear survivors dropping and landing, in addition to footsteps and being in dying state most of the time.
    2. Bloodwarden is straight up broken on the new map. It literally doesn't work. They can actually walk right through, and if they can't, they can stand right in front of it and if you hit them, they get hit through, so you're screwed.
    3. The new map is a horses ass. The IDEA is good, the aesthetic is fantastic, but the execution...like...who the hell designed that layout? Whoever it was, please, hire someone who plays the game to double check and proof their work. They clearly know how to design COOL stuff, but not FUNCTIONAL stuff. A fog whisperer even. It's basically Haddonfield 2.0, except Haddonfield is actually less of a pain in the ass if you can believe that; except this map is a pain for killers AND survivors. Do you know how many survivors I've seen die because their team mates straight up can't figure out how to get to them? It's a mess. Absolute hot garbage.
    4. Billy.
    5. Why in the hell does a mori work after a cage, and not after being hooked with Pyramid Head? I say that even as a killer main. YOU GUYS SHOULD NOT BE HAVING THESE KINDS OF OVERSIGHTS AFTER 4 YEARS.
    6. Loadouts intermittently missing from tally screen. (Bravo, btw. You found a way to break something you barely touched).

    These are just the ones I notice on the regular.

    We're at a point in this games lifetime where you guys at BHVR have literally...LITERALLY found every possible way you can kill the trust you have with your player base. I won't speak for everyone here, but I know myself and a huge portion of your community are absolutely SICK AND TIRED of dealing with a game where there are LITERALLY OPEN BETAS OF EVERY SINGLE LARGE UPDATE THAT REPORT ALL THESE ISSUES WELL BEFORE YOU RELEASE AND YOU STILL CAN'T GET THIS ######### FIXED...and yet...we still play, because we love what it represents, and what it brings to the table.

    What on earth is WRONG with you guys? Sound for example has been literally broken for YEARS...and HOW DOES SOMETHING LIKE the BLOODWARDEN bug get through QA? Do you even HAVE QA?!? If you do - double down on their budget.

    A broken BloodWarden would need an IMMEDIATE HOT FIX patch!! not to mention there are more random crashes than before...

  • It's sad, I was pretty excited for this chapter cause i love silent hill but these sound issues and various killer bugs really make the game frustrating to play killer. I'm taking a break from the game for a while, I got to P3 with pyramid head like i wanted to but I can't bring myself to play anymore. I feel bad playing survivor when i get free ninja mode at random and get away with too much cause the killers can't hear me moving, it's like bullying a deaf person.

    Pokemon just got it's dlc I'm gonna have fun there until dbd fixes itself in 3 or 4 months lmao until the next dlc drops and they break everything all over again and the sounds get deleted once again cause they don't know how to keep them consistent when they are a core part of the game.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    Firstly - this isn't a bug report. This is a rant.

    1. Sounds worse than before (which is funny cause the patch notes literally said it was fixed). Now you can't even hear survivors dropping and landing, in addition to footsteps and being in dying state most of the time.
    2. Bloodwarden is straight up broken on the new map. It literally doesn't work. They can actually walk right through, and if they can't, they can stand right in front of it and if you hit them, they get hit through, so you're screwed.
    3. The new map is a horses ass. The IDEA is good, the aesthetic is fantastic, but the execution...like...who the hell designed that layout? Whoever it was, please, hire someone who plays the game to double check and proof their work. They clearly know how to design COOL stuff, but not FUNCTIONAL stuff. A fog whisperer even. It's basically Haddonfield 2.0, except Haddonfield is actually less of a pain in the ass if you can believe that; except this map is a pain for killers AND survivors. Do you know how many survivors I've seen die because their team mates straight up can't figure out how to get to them? It's a mess. Absolute hot garbage.
    4. Billy.
    5. Why in the hell does a mori work after a cage, and not after being hooked with Pyramid Head? I say that even as a killer main. YOU GUYS SHOULD NOT BE HAVING THESE KINDS OF OVERSIGHTS AFTER 4 YEARS.
    6. Loadouts intermittently missing from tally screen. (Bravo, btw. You found a way to break something you barely touched).

    These are just the ones I notice on the regular.

    We're at a point in this games lifetime where you guys at BHVR have literally...LITERALLY found every possible way you can kill the trust you have with your player base. I won't speak for everyone here, but I know myself and a huge portion of your community are absolutely SICK AND TIRED of dealing with a game where there are LITERALLY OPEN BETAS OF EVERY SINGLE LARGE UPDATE THAT REPORT ALL THESE ISSUES WELL BEFORE YOU RELEASE AND YOU STILL CAN'T GET THIS ######### FIXED...and yet...we still play, because we love what it represents, and what it brings to the table.

    What on earth is WRONG with you guys? Sound for example has been literally broken for YEARS...and HOW DOES SOMETHING LIKE the BLOODWARDEN bug get through QA? Do you even HAVE QA?!? If you do - double down on their budget.

    If you want to know who designed the map layout... It was Konami. It is 1:1 the same layout as the school in Silent Hill 1, down to the exact room placement and the contents of the rooms.

    I really don't understand all the flack the map gets. It's my least hated of the indoor maps to play on. It's still an indoor map, sure, but it's a step in the right direction. Indoor maps are inherently bad for killers from my experience but 1) It has long hallways as opposed to a maze-like structure 2) these long hallways aren't filled with too much junk and that makes it bearable for Huntress players who still want to attempt long range shots 3) the loops inside of the rooms are somewhat interesting. I'm not the hugest fan of using breakable walls to balance strong loops but there aren't really too many loops that are too far out of line if you're utilizing them 4) there's still a relatively open area in the middle which breaks up the monotony of corridor / room searching.

    It's biggest fault is that it's multi-level and getting up / down stairs can be disorienting at times. However, the 4 stair locations aren't too difficult to memorize thanks to there being easily recognizable rooms/structures (looking at you The Game).

  • When DS was bugged versus Doctor, they hotfixed it within 5 days. Now its the 4 day of the chapter, so I expect a hotfix tomorrow for bugged Bloodwarden on the new map.

  • Remember they make the interval between PTB to live 3 weeks? Ever since then, the number of bugs in this game has increased.

    I don't know why...

  • @CaptainSkel said:

    Half of these aren't bugs and are just things you're mad about. Consider taking a deep breath and counting to ten.

    Broken bloodwarden, sounds, all the existing issues with Billy that have existed since the Deathslinger release, loadouts missing from tally screen (math works, more than half). I'd also consider mori after cage a bug or an oversight, since no other post-hoke things work for cages on either side. But okay - "more than half" aren't bugs and things I'm just mad about. Enjoy your job at BHVR.

    @5thPerkSlot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/162826/so-this-chapter-is-a-bug-record-breaker-it-seems

    A broken BloodWarden would need an IMMEDIATE HOT FIX patch!! not to mention there are more random crashes than before...

    Indeed.

  • @CaptainSkel said:

    Half of these aren't bugs and are just things you're mad about. Consider taking a deep breath and counting to ten.

    I'll try, but that's a big number!

  • @CaptainSkel said:

    Half of these aren't bugs and are just things you're mad about. Consider taking a deep breath and counting to ten.

    @RockoRango said:

    • Survivors now make no sound while doing ANYTHING unless it’s an action (such as vaulting or repairing)
    • Survivors no longer turn their heads to the direction their looking, making it impossible to know if they have Dead Hard until they hit you with it.
    • The new map is extremely broken and frustrating. It’s easy to win on, but it’s still extremely frustrating when I literally can’t move down a hallway because objects (like the hallway with a bunch of goo on one side of the wall) block me from blinking/moving.
    • Most maps have had their sounds removed relating to survivor movement.
    • No sounds while on the ground is now not just a ‘chance’, it now always happens.
    • Killer lunges are broke on the survivor side, as certain killers seem to play a short lunge animation when they’re really doing a long one (causing hits that don’t look like they connect). This also applies vise-versa, where you think you hit the survivor but instead you do a short whiff.
    • Grabbing is now more consistent on the Killer side, but is extremely broke on the survivor side. You can be on the other side of a pallet, hit the ground, and still be grabbed. This feels douchy.
    • Clown is bugged, as his reload makes his movement speed EXTREMELY SLOW for a few seconds after.
    • Survivors can, once again, get stuck inside hooks. This soft-locks the game until they D/C, as it’s reported that you cannot be killed by EGC.
    • The new map has a few spots that are completely safe all of the time (specifically the corner of the courtyard where you can literally trap yourself in-between pallets as survivor), and the rest of the map is baren. Extremely boring, and especially unfun when the map’s geometry is broken.
    • Btw, all survivors have Iron Will and don’t breathe.
    • Billy is bugged again. It’s not as bad as before... but Billy is bugged again. His animations are wonky, and his movement has changed.
    • Demogorgon does not come out of his power where he is supposed to; instead, it can be a too early or too late exit.
    • Blood Warden doesn’t work on dying survivors on the new map.
    • Generators generally don’t make any sounds, which is BEYOND ridiculous when the objective is generators.
    • When trying to hook a survivor, the game sometimes will pull out it’s dedicated servers and force you to spam space to get the hook.
    • Survivors and Killers both now have an increased tendency to literally teleport to previous locations.
    • The button to Exit the Game doesn't work, and neither does Alt + F4.
    • The button to Exit the Match doesn't work.
    • Legion is unable to vault certain windows while in Feral Frenzy, making some areas (Like main buildings that can be looped by using these windows) god loops against Legion until they're blocked off.
    • On PS4, it is REPORTED that, if two or more survivors try to open exit gates at the same time, one survivor will fly into the air and the other will crash. I can't prove this because I don't play on PS4.
    • The new map has MULTIPLE LOCATIONS THAT THE KILLER CAN HOLD THE GAME HOSTAGE IN. MULTIPLE. LOCATIONS. What was the goal here, to give the killer an advantage in some rooms or make trolls borderline impossible to defeat on this map?
    • Oni can periodically be unable to use his power, and proof of this was given in the comments.
    • It is REPORTED that you can can get stuck INSIDE of the wall of The Asylum (On Nurse's map), soft-locking the game. I don't know if this is correct or not.

    Tell me how all of this got through without at least SOME testing. Please.

    I’ll still play killer, and I know a lot of others still will, but the game is INFURIATINGLY BUGGED and it coincidentally helps the survivors immensely. If I didn’t know better, I would suggest rolling back until the bugs are fixed.

    Have fun.