New cosmetic looks completely different in-game
Cheryl's new Staring Over cosmetic has dark brown hair with a lighter tint toward the outer roots and looks almost identical to my hair in real life so I figured I'd buy it, but in-game it is completely pitch black. I really don't like the way it looks. Is this intentional?

Comments
The new skins seem to have been awkwardly implemented. I wouldn't be surprised if they were bugged. They're probably linked cosmetics due to the licensing deal with Konami as they are stingy fellows. Hopefully if there is a bug it gets fixed soon, BHVR do seem to like fixing cosmetic bugs over gameplay bugs.
Have you tried this on multiple maps to be sure it isn't a lighting issue?
Yeah some maps are more pitch toned for some reason, Badham is purple-ish for some reason and Haddonfield is blue.
I've faced Survivors with this cosmetic; it looks greyish green even on Coldwind farm.
I also chose this skin because she has my hair style! Well, pre-quarantine... And I think it's the lighting.
The cosmetic always looks like this no matter the color theme of the map.
it is the lighting dude
This is disappointing as I was kinda considering getting that outfit.
Damn they can't even give us correct cosmetics
Geeeez
I wish it was.
This happens on every map.
ya that's because the lighting is still bad dude lol and different from the lobby's lighting which is flat, wait for the lighting and graphical update
Then they should allow us to view cosmetics in a background of our choice, Ormond, Coldwind etc.
It's completely unfair to advertise a cosmetic as looking a certain way when it ONLY looks that way on a menu.
EDIT: I know they haven't gone out of their way to do this, should've been more clear.
I hundred percent agree with you, I thinks its stupid they don't let us see the cosmetics in at least different lighting. The environment they put the "wardrobe" is dumb, it should have been in a house or something where you can change the lighting and look at every item in detail