Is Pyramid Head's Punishment of the damned meant to act like shred?

When you fully charge the power and press M1 for Punishment of The Damned right after it just M1's, Is this a bug or is it meant to be like this?

Is makes sense with Demo's Shred because if Demo doesn't charge it enough it should be an M1, but Punishment of the damned doesn't go further the longer you charge it.

If you're wondering what I mean you can look at this: https://youtu.be/jiDMXvPZfNk

Comments

  • Yes. It's the same mechanic with a 5 second punishment.

    I've been avoiding it, I've been getting 4ks without it.

  • That's the feeling I've been getting. I've played a lot a demogorgon and PH range attack feels very similar to gorgens shred in how it should be used, but the movement and aiming it is still quite different.

  • @D3_destr0y3r said:

    When you fully charge the power and press M1 for Punishment of The Damned right after it just M1's, Is this a bug or is it meant to be like this?

    Is makes sense with Demo's Shred because if Demo doesn't charge it enough it should be an M1, but Punishment of the damned doesn't go further the longer you charge it.

    If you're wondering what I mean you can look at this: https://youtu.be/jiDMXvPZfNk

    As a Demo main; Not really.

    While they both need to charge their attacks, both

    Demo get slowed down to 92% once his shred is fully charged and has a length of 11 meters with full camera mobility, with a 2.25 seconds of cooldown on missed attacks (if I recall correctly) and 3 seconds cooldown when hitting survivors (which is a bit less than the normal cooldown for hitting a survivors with your M1)

    Pyramid head gets slowed down minimally to just 110% when using his power, at the cost of lesser camera mobility and a hefty cooldown which is justified considering his ranged attack is the only one that can go through walls

    Overall I think Pyramid Heads ranged attack is harder to use, but is overall more rewarding and has more potential than demos shred. But demos shred is easier and more fun to use so I will stick with him

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Yes. It's the same mechanic with a 5 second punishment.

    I've been avoiding it, I've been getting 4ks without it.

    Cages are bad because don't activate perks like pop, devour and bbq

    Range attack is bad because bad designed

    What an amazing job, BHVR!

  • @aregularplayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1360268#Comment_1360268

    Cages are bad because don't activate perks like pop, devour and bbq

    Range attack is bad because bad designed

    What an amazing job, BHVR!

    It's really sad I was so hoping his range attack would let him become like a new Nurse for the game. Oh well :(.

  • I think the only similarity they have is they both can get free hits from window vaults.

    PH's ranged attack is too punishing to use outside of guaranteed hits from survivors being stuck in animations like vaulting whereas Demo's shred is still pretty usable up close to preserve STBFL stacks.