So why are we punishing people for liking a character?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cza-hgiG1LE

I mean seriously all day today I've been getting relentlessly tunneled and camped for playing Lisa Garland and Im even seeing in the forums that its a trend to be toxic towards Lisa players so why? Why aren't we allowed to like a character? (EDIT: I mean come on how can you hate her :( )

Comments

  • @BoiltOver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1368286#Comment_1368286

    Sweaty I see the difference, but at least Legion dcers were breaking the rules for a good reason back then, although I never supported it. You're just being petty.

    And Lisa protest here is just to bully people, right?

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1368373#Comment_1368373

    And Lisa protest here is just to bully people, right?

    Might as well be with how terrible of a way it is to get your point across.

  • @BoiltOver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1368485#Comment_1368485

    Might as well be with how terrible of a way it is to get your point across.

    There were 2 thread. 1 childish with describing the trend, 1 mature with discussing concerned. Guess which one was viewed more. Yet still we don't have any proper respond from the devs.

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1368521#Comment_1368521

    There were 2 thread. 1 childish with describing the trend, 1 mature with discussing concerned. Guess which one was viewed more. Yet still we don't have any proper respond from the devs.

    Because it's probably just out of their hands. Cheryl is a licensed character from Konami, we have to remember that. It's not as simple as them saying "well we want to add different voices, so we will" they have to negotiate that out with Konami, and if it's selling well enough without then they might as well not waste the money to get Konami to let them.

    The devs' response to this thread would mean nothing besides acknowledging the issue (which they basically already did in the qna) unless it was, "yes we have talked this out with Konami and came to an agreement that voices and such can be added for Lisa and maybe Alessa too."

  • @BoiltOver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1368532#Comment_1368532

    Because it's probably just out of their hands. Cheryl is a licensed character from Konami, we have to remember that. It's not as simple as them saying "well we want to add different voices, so we will" they have to negotiate that out with Konami, and if it's selling well enough without then they might as well not waste the money to get Konami to let them.

    The devs' response to this thread would mean nothing besides acknowledging the issue (which they basically already did in the qna) unless it was, "yes we have talked this out with Konami and came to an agreement that voices and such can be added for Lisa and maybe Alessa too."

    Alessa is fine since she's the reincarnation, so technically it's okay for her to be just a different look. She's the same person as Cheryl. The only problem here is Lisa.

    I'm not sure why Konami wouldn't let devs give a voice and the lobby name to Lisa. Linked cosmetics are here to save the original look of a character, strange policy but I can at least see the reason. The issue with Lisa is beyond my understanding. The only real explanation to me is that the devs considered it not necessary.

  • You original post is ridiculous. You've made up a narrative for yourself that is even happening. Like others said, you probably don't have your best perks for her yet. If you keep losing with this skin, then you need to switch characters or build her up. I've played as Lisa several times now and not once has a killer focused solely on me. Some people see only what they want and filter out the rest as to not disrupt their thought.

    If you are so certain this is true, why not provide some evidence? Just blatantly stating things in the the forums doesn't count as fact.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    They're being punished for paying for it. Some are disgusted with the expensive price for the skin and are in turn making life difficult for anyone who dares purchase and equip it. It's not a good situation.

    Although admittedly I tend to taste blood in my mouth when I see a Bunny Feng.

    I also have a weird tendency to tunnel bunny fengs, and I have no idea why. I think its literally killer preference. I hate killing Dwight's, if there's a Dwight and hatch spawned I spam my power until he escapes lol

  • @samination said:

    You original post is ridiculous. You've made up a narrative for yourself that is even happening. Like others said, you probably don't have your best perks for her yet. If you keep losing with this skin, then you need to switch characters or build her up. I've played as Lisa several times now and not once has a killer focused solely on me. Some people see only what they want and filter out the rest as to not disrupt their thought.

    If you are so certain this is true, why not provide some evidence? Just blatantly stating things in the the forums doesn't count as fact.

    Usually I'd be right there with you, but there was another thread openly calling for the harassment of Lisa players.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cza-hgiG1LE

    I mean seriously all day today I've been getting relentlessly tunneled and camped for playing Lisa Garland and Im even seeing in the forums that its a trend to be toxic towards Lisa players so why? Why aren't we allowed to like a character? (EDIT: I mean come on how can you hate her :( )

    Because if you are playing a character you like means you must be having fun and well we're not allowed to have fun, because if we do, it means these people cant moan and complain about the game not being fun.

  • @rogueplayer00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1359116#Comment_1359116

    I also have a weird tendency to tunnel bunny fengs, and I have no idea why. I think its literally killer preference. I hate killing Dwight's, if there's a Dwight and hatch spawned I spam my power until he escapes lol

    I think it's because someone is wearing a rabbit costume thinking "Me's a bunny" with cutesy blink face.

    Well no. You're getting butchered.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1362627#Comment_1362627

    THIS!!!!! Like Cheryl and Nancy literally have the same voices so do Adam and Tapp.

    They do not have the same voice, unless you mean they just sound similar. But they all have different voice actors. Their names are on the wiki.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1370548#Comment_1370548

    Usually I'd be right there with you, but there was another thread openly calling for the harassment of Lisa players.

    One thread. That's all you need? I remember rumors about killers targeting Bunny Feng's (It's wabbit season), yet... I still see Bunny Feng's hopping around just fine. This entire post is a pity party for "victims" of a completely manufactured "problem". Again, I've played as Lisa since she was released and haven't felt targeted. This thread needs to be closed.

  • @BoiltOver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1367390#Comment_1367390

    Well here you go.

    I disagreed with dcing against old Legion even though they were entirely unfun to play against, but I did not voice my side because I wasn't active in any Dbd places. And I also disagree with tunneling and camping Lisas. :]

    The difference lies in one being broken, and unfun to play against, and the other having no affect on gameplay whatsoever.

    Problem is, those of us who did not abuse the deepwound mechanic, nor walk backwards while chasing etc, got lumped in with the bad legions and pretty much across the board, including twitch streamers it was "only scum play Legion"

  • Heh. No. This isn't the first time killers have threatened to tunnel, kill people with skins. You aren't doing well while playing a new character wearing a new skin. The killers job is to chase and kill you, I'm not sure what they are expecting? Nobody is killing people who wear nurse skins. I am living proof of that. They are killing you because you're a survivor and are obviously easy to catch. Perhaps her nurse uniform sticks out like a sore thumb? It is very bright.

  • Welcome to Claudette's world. I have had more crappy run ins with people, both killer and survivor and the end game excuse is, "Well, you were playing Claudette." It is pretty lame.

  • @samination said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1370563#Comment_1370563

    One thread. That's all you need? I remember rumors about killers targeting Bunny Feng's (It's wabbit season), yet... I still see Bunny Feng's hopping around just fine. This entire post is a pity party for "victims" of a completely manufactured "problem". Again, I've played as Lisa since she was released and haven't felt targeted. This thread needs to be closed.

    One thread and multiple people saying they were explicitly targeted for playing Lisa (as in the killer admitted to such in the chat).

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1368239#Comment_1368239

    Problem is, those of us who did not abuse the deepwound mechanic, nor walk backwards while chasing etc, got lumped in with the bad legions and pretty much across the board, including twitch streamers it was "only scum play Legion"

    Trust me, I know. I played Legion back then, and I still play Legion since then.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1370966#Comment_1370966

    One thread and multiple people saying they were explicitly targeted for playing Lisa (as in the killer admitted to such in the chat).

    Oh no. Not multiple people! Again... we were told it was 'Wabbit Season' when Bunny Feng came out. Yet...she's still out there hopping around. You're not being targeted for a skin, so stop with the nonsense as it's about as stupid as the thread you posted.

  • @samination said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371162#Comment_1371162

    Oh no. Not multiple people! Again... we were told it was 'Wabbit Season' when Bunny Feng came out. Yet...she's still out there hopping around. You're not being targeted for a skin, so stop with the nonsense as it's about as stupid as the thread you posted.

    This thread alone is filled with people who have all admitted to doing it and agreeing with it happily. Bunny Feng was only slightly tunneled as a joke started by Monto I believe. Also I have videos but I need to figure out how to transfer them from my xbox to here but quite a few videos as proof so idk what to tell you. You can believe its "Oh you're just trash." all you want but you're just ignoring the problem.

  • Right. Right. That's some proof you got there. Trolls online. My proof is this sort of thing has been "joked" about (before but never actually done.) Killers also threatened to kill anyone that bought cosmetics when the store opened too. XD I've played Lisa many times since release, never targeted. Anything else?

  • @samination said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371162#Comment_1371162

    Oh no. Not multiple people! Again... we were told it was 'Wabbit Season' when Bunny Feng came out. Yet...she's still out there hopping around. You're not being targeted for a skin, so stop with the nonsense as it's about as stupid as the thread you posted.

    1. I don't own Lisa or even the Silent Hill DLC.
    2. I didn't open this thread.
    3. If you're gonna dismiss everything out of hand because it doesn't happen to you, what's the point of talking with you?
  • You're right? Who cares. In a week it will be something else. XD

1 2 3 4 ›