Nerf Pyramid Head

I know it’s only been a day so I’m already ready for some salt but In my opinion I think Pyramid Head needs a nerf even though half the posts on here are asking for buffs. I’m specifically speaking of his power of sending survivors to cages. His cage doesn’t count as a hook but it’s considered a hook stage, so with that being said no perks will work when you get out of the cage such as DS, borrowed time. I’ve already went against a few pyramid heads that instantly run to the cage so that way they can down and hook the survivor who just got unhooked from the cage. What’s the fun in that? I’ve already seen a post on here that said he can actually stand right in front of a caged survivor and it won’t give the option for anyone else to unhook and I actually hope that’s a bug and not intended. Don’t get me wrong I actually love his ranged attack but the whole cage thing is ridiculous. People say you can dodge the trails by crouching over them but he can leave trails around a loop or a tile during a chase so it will be difficult to avoid it. I just hope the devs look into this and see how unfair it can be if you get a Pyramid Head that wants to play like a jerk for no reason.

Comments

  • Get better at countering him and maby you might actually make something of yourself

  • And might I point out that typos exist do yeah

  • Also most of the loops removed huh? Well bro I still see plenty of meat trees and there are still a ton of long pallet loops and t walls so hush your mouth and dont speak to soon

  • Look everyone wants something changed from him but as far as I can see he is about as balanced as demo so go do your hissy fit else where

  • "Nerf Pyramid Head"

    Well that didn't take long!

  • Sure didn't well its mainly the entitled ones

  • @Valor188917 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1359293#Comment_1359293

    They work against every other killer, almost got suckered in and bought pyramid head because no DS was very tempting but then I remembered: There's still alot of second chance cheese and he might also get nerfed.

    They are not crutch perks if they are required to even have a chance against tunneling/'camping both of which are rampant.

  • @darktrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1359337#Comment_1359337

    They are not crutch perks if they are required to even have a chance against tunneling/'camping both of which are rampant.

    AT LEAST 1 more hookstate per survivor in a game where killers are pressed for time is not considered a crutch. ok

  • You're kidding right? More often than not the cages are going to spawn on the other side of the map resulting in free saves. Almost every person who played him on the PTB has said it's almost pointless to use the cages because they instantly lose map pressure.

    Only time it would be good is when you are playing with a SWF group that is ready to bomb rush the hook the second you turn around.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/161760/nerf-pyramid-head

    You do realise that PH won't work well with pretty much any of the meta perks on killer as well. I guess survivors are so used to second chance perks that when a killer counters it, they can't play.

    Honestly, it gets so annoying because you end up with killers who are basically useless without perks. Not to mention some killers are just unplayable on certain maps (I'm looking at you Legion).

    The devs keep pandering to whiny survivors, why do you think there's almost no killers in red ranks?

  • @Frankie said:

    Nerf survivors.

    This. Surviving is already to easy, and you want even lesser challange? Wow.

  • Pyarimd head doesn't need a nerf, He got weak map pressure plus the cages spawn the farest away from him and I am not going across the map just to camp. Also the fact that you can easily dodge his range attack.

  • I think they should at least shorten his basic reach.

  • In a dozen games or so vs. PH, about 1/3 camp cages. If when PH isn’t face camping a cage, you’re still exhausted coming out of one, no BT effect, no DS. Cages themselves removes body blocking, breaking hooks, etc. It circumvents normal gameplay beyond other killers. People don’t need to be vessels for other people’s bs

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    I know it’s only been a day so I’m already ready for some salt but In my opinion I think Pyramid Head needs a nerf even though half the posts on here are asking for buffs. I’m specifically speaking of his power of sending survivors to cages. His cage doesn’t count as a hook but it’s considered a hook stage, so with that being said no perks will work when you get out of the cage such as DS, borrowed time. I’ve already went against a few pyramid heads that instantly run to the cage so that way they can down and hook the survivor who just got unhooked from the cage. What’s the fun in that? I’ve already seen a post on here that said he can actually stand right in front of a caged survivor and it won’t give the option for anyone else to unhook and I actually hope that’s a bug and not intended. Don’t get me wrong I actually love his ranged attack but the whole cage thing is ridiculous. People say you can dodge the trails by crouching over them but he can leave trails around a loop or a tile during a chase so it will be difficult to avoid it. I just hope the devs look into this and see how unfair it can be if you get a Pyramid Head that wants to play like a jerk for no reason.

    Thank you pyramid head is ridiculous in my opinion it is not fair his ability is overpowered in my opinion because what are we supposed to do when we get caged twice and then we get noticed I don’t get it and we can’t just take a hit to avoid going in his trap especially when we are injured

  • Nerf Claudette

  • I think that he needs a nerf really bad because of the ranged attack as well as cage my reasoning on the ranged attack is that we can’t just run and we can’t use pallets at all really because it is so easy to just predict where the survivor is going and if we do manage to not get hit by it it is very easy to cancel out and do a regular attack. Now for the cage it is not fair because say you are injured and you can either take a hit and go into the dying state or walk into his trap (a scenario example) we now can be sent to the cage and we go there twice now we can be Morris not to mension we cannot use decisive strike??? How is that fair at all? I vote for a nerf on the pyramid head.

  • @Chrisx98z said:

    He needs buffs, stop complaining adapt and git gud

    What would they buff him for I don’t understand everything is OP

  • @DeadArsenal said:

    If you don't want caged don't walk in the barbed wire. Yeah that's right, stop on top of it and let yourself get hit. If you're wounded he has to hook you. If you're not wounded use your speed boost to get away from him in the direction you came. Lucky you: You know where all the pallets you just passed are. PH is B-tier killer bruh, just wait until you get a Nurse that slams your whole team because they're just that good.

    good joke, hes the strongest 1v1 killer at the moment easily. if u master him u will understand.

  • Oh good christ look just because you entitled dcks need cruchy perks and broken loops dose not mean to say that you should be allowed to have them ph was brought In to solve the problem and already you petulant little babys are whiny af about him being to broken to op well i ain't having it hes a balanced killer just GET GOOD and adept besides dont always fall back on brain dead meta everytime you get into sht also you talk about people getting good with him and destroying your team only yesterday went up against r1 ph with a team of r1 and 2 survivors solo he only killed one so bruh theres not much to say apart from get GOOD like fck me do u need to spell it out

  • Also I've said it before and I'll say it again if you want him nerfed how about we even some things out that are to op as well the following nerfs should be taken into consideration in exchange for ph nerf first half the pallets on every map removed second both windows to meat tree and killer shack blocked and finally a rework to the following maps haddon field spring wood red forest and the game these are not bias its evening the odds bro

  • If you want to fck with killers we will fck with survivor

  • Also to add to that list gen rushing should get a nerf so the nerf for that should be a 3 min timer placed on gens to stop gen rushing there now its fair

  • They should really just change the game to what it should be...

    A game about survivors teaming up and bullying the killer, complaining when killers don't play their way, and saying things are over powered because their perks are countered. While the killer tries to manage time, map pressure, gen progression, sacrifices, defending totems etc.

    Oh wait... They already did.

    I main solo survivor and it's disgustingly easy. The only people that have trouble have used these 2nd chance perks and are reliant on them now or are new to the game and simply need to play more.

    I want killers to give me a ######### challenge, not run around hitting me with care bears and unicorns in your rose colored glasses.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    I know it’s only been a day so I’m already ready for some salt but In my opinion I think Pyramid Head needs a nerf even though half the posts on here are asking for buffs. I’m specifically speaking of his power of sending survivors to cages. His cage doesn’t count as a hook but it’s considered a hook stage, so with that being said no perks will work when you get out of the cage such as DS, borrowed time. I’ve already went against a few pyramid heads that instantly run to the cage so that way they can down and hook the survivor who just got unhooked from the cage. What’s the fun in that? I’ve already seen a post on here that said he can actually stand right in front of a caged survivor and it won’t give the option for anyone else to unhook and I actually hope that’s a bug and not intended. Don’t get me wrong I actually love his ranged attack but the whole cage thing is ridiculous. People say you can dodge the trails by crouching over them but he can leave trails around a loop or a tile during a chase so it will be difficult to avoid it. I just hope the devs look into this and see how unfair it can be if you get a Pyramid Head that wants to play like a jerk for no reason.

    I bet POD isn't so bad hmmm🤔

  • @darktrix said:

    That's pretty much the operating procedure from most Pyramid Heads I see. They cage someone, then race straight across the map to it in order to tunnel free and clear. Most of the time they get there before survivors can.

    But there just doing it so people can do this you shouldn't pay it any mind,literally every can't be like that incredibly impossible

  • Ok Pyramid Head's built in mori needs to go this game is more killer based than anything it has become unfun and people that play killer will run out of people to kill cause everyone will either turn killer or quit the game the survivors need a buff more than the killers cause the killers are already faster than the survivors the killers already have everything they need to kill survivors why make the game anymore unfun than it already is

  • Pyramid head doesn't need a nerf, he simply suffers from the same thing a lot of new killers suffer from. They are so anti-loop that is requires no real skill or effort to play them. By virtue of their power simply existing it creates situations where, no matter the decision, you take a hit. It's not fun, but it's not really overpowered. It's just not really a great thing to play against, and why killers like Deathslinger, Pyramid Head and Demo all do it.

    What it does do is, regardless of if you as a killer win or lose, and most of the time you will still 4 escape a Deathslinger or Pyramid Head, is make the killer feel like they're not getting outplayed or looped with nothing they can do. They can always get a hit and not be taken advantage of.

    I don't see anything wrong with one killer having the ability to have a playstyle that doesn't let you take advantage of a specific perk, and if you need the perk that badly, there's another issue at hand, be it by your own ability or game design itself, far beyond the issues of a specific killer or perk.

1 2 ›