Blood Pact got nerfed
In the patch notes they increased the time you get haste to 10 seconds which is good. However now haste only activates if you complete a full heal. This is a big nerf to a perk that didn't need it in the first place. Beforehand if you got interrupted healing you could use the haste to get away. Now the haste is only useful if the killer catches you just as you finish healing. I'm quite disappointed as this was a perk I was looking forward to using but now it's been nerfed even before it got onto the live servers. I hope that the devs reconsider this and revert the change.
Comments
@Peanits If you could tell me the reason behind this nerf I would appreciate it.
Same reason Gearhead got nerfed before release, BHVR just felt like it
I mean spam tapping the survivor to get the speed boost was kinda annoying.
This
LMAO. Tell me how tapping someone for haste was balanced.
It makes more sense for you to actually have to work for it.
also, you are wrong, the haste will help you get back to gens if you heal someone away from one.
Well, that obviously will be exploited by experienced survivors if it wasn't changed.
Yeah I can get that but they could have put a 20/30 second cooldown on the perk to prevent abuse of the haste. Instead the way they went about it severely weakens the perk.
Does it consider for the people as a full heal?
I don't know but it doesn't for Second Wind so I wouldn't bet on it.
Exploited? Never. 🤭
"Its a feature of the perk. Its intended and is totally balanced."
Not really, not for neither of those.
The devs already gave their reasons to nerf gearhead, it gave too much information for to much time, and while its not the best reason it is one.
Same for blood pact, in the PTB you could just spam the heal button to get the speed boost.
Well I thought the purpose of the haste was that if you were interrupted while healing you could get away using the haste. With this change though the haste becomes less useful.
I know it could be abused but you could prevent this by putting a small cooldown on the haste to prevent survivors tapping the survivor multiple times to get the haste. Instead they just made it worse overall, which is a shame as I was looking forward to this perk.
Gearhead was FAR from being a great tracking perk. By the time you hook the survivor, its already used up