Don't understand Head On at all...
Trying to do some old survivor tome challenges.
I don't get Head On...I go in a locker when Killer is near..I see the 3 second timer...so figure it's active...
Killer stands in front of locker ...my only option on screen is 'R'(on Switch). I click that and....just cautiously come out to meet the killer, like "Hey....." Lol
How do you get this thing to work???
Comments
You need to be holding shift (or whatever your run key/button is) to fast exit locker.
While standing in a locker, for 3 seconds, the perk activates.
While the perk is activated, performing a rushed action to leave a locker stuns the Killer for 3 seconds if they are standing within range.
AKA: Hold the Run Button
You have to fast exit the locker which you can do by holding the button that makes you sprint.
You have to jump out. Not sure on Switch, but it should be holding the same button you use to run.
So I hold the run button at the same time as 'R'?
Why don't they show these controls on the screen when it is active??
I'll try this out next match..not playing a character with Head On in this one that just loaded....
L is run on Switch. I was able stun on first try!
As soon as match started my premonition st arted. Killer shack was right there so I ran and jumped on locker. Michael Meyers showed up in his nightie and stood in front of my locker, like "I see them scratch marks..." Lol
I busted out and he keeled all over, lol! !! It was so funny!
The game DOES tell you this under Options -> Help & Tutorials -> The Survivors -> Stealth: Avoid Getting Detected -> Loud Noises.
"Some actions, such as window vaults, can be preformed quickly or slowly (depending on weather the run button is held). Rushing these actions creates a loud noise signal that the Killer may see and hear. Be aware that these actions will give away your position."
The real issue? DBD needs actual tutorials.
I mean like an on-screen prompt..that a certain action is available at the moment. I don't know why *L+R Attempt Head On" doesn't appear on the screen when it is available to use...
It does show you 👀 the perk lights up when its ready 👀
It's an Exhaustion perk so you should already know that you have to have the run button held
You take it for granted that I know anything about this game, lol. My mind is slow to absorb...that's why I'm worried about these new rank changea. I've got over 1,000 hours in this game but not really skilled at it. It will probably read me like some red rank pkayer....when I've averaged around level 10....
Head-On is hilarious, I swear the range on the effect is like 200 yards in any direction. 😂
I've literally had situations where I said, "Ok, I think that dude has Head-On. Let me just bait it out by running to the side of the locker and...oh, it still hit me way over here?!"
2nd time I tried I already forgot how to do it..lol
I spammed L+R instead of hold L+R and it didnt activate...i wish I didnt have such a hard time remembering things...