let's argue: soul guard

I think soul guard is definitely a new meta perk and requires no nerfs currently, so what is your opinion on soul guard?

Comments

  • Unbreakable is a "meta perk" and almost one runs it because its too situational to get value every game.

    Soul Guard will be similar. It can be extremely strong or it can get no use all match and waste a slot. Survivors generally value consistent value above all else when making their builds. There's a reason that the same list of 10 perks have always been the best in the game, the original sets of perks were designed to be simple and useful. The perks from the last 2 years have been designed to be complicated and risky.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/160296/lets-argue-soul-guard

    It seems fine, it will be meta though. Glad you are doing let's argue as well :D.

     it will be meta though

    Can you explain why you think please? I really don't see why people think this perk is good. The only good Hex perk currently is Ruin. To recover from the dying state a Hex needs to be active. For you to be able to recover with Soul Guard Ruin needs to be up and you need to be in the dying state, which means you can't repair, which means Ruin will be able to regress a lot. AND the killer needs to decide to down but not hook you. All the other Hex perks are bad and if the killer is running one of them then chances are you are playing against someone who doesn't have access to a lot of perks yet and you won't be downed very much anyway.

    The Endurance has a short duration and is very easy to play around and won't be relevant very often either.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1345744#Comment_1345744

     it will be meta though

    Can you explain why you think please? I really don't see why people think this perk is good. The only good Hex perk currently is Ruin. To recover from the dying state a Hex needs to be active. For you to be able to recover with Soul Guard Ruin needs to be up and you need to be in the dying state, which means you can't repair, which means Ruin will be able to regress a lot. AND the killer needs to decide to down but not hook you. All the other Hex perks are bad and if the killer is running one of them then chances are you are playing against someone who doesn't have access to a lot of perks yet and you won't be downed very much anyway.

    The Endurance has a short duration and is very easy to play around and won't be relevant very often either.

    I think it will be meta, because one of the survivors's biggest pet peeves are being healed and instantly downed, I have also heard from tons of people that they are excited to run soul gaurd. Survivors also detest slugging killers like nurse, spirit and Oni, so I can see it becoming meta. Sorry I didn't elaborate that much, I had to do something and I had to type quickly.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1345786#Comment_1345786

    I think it will be meta, because one of the survivors's biggest pet peeves are being healed and instantly downed, I have also heard from tons of people that they are excited to run soul gaurd. Survivors also detest slugging killers like nurse, spirit and Oni, so I can see it becoming meta. Sorry I didn't elaborate that much, I had to do something and I had to type quickly.

    its still a very situational perk though. in order to get the endurance, the heal has to be completed. if the survivor healing you bails out before you're healed, the perk didnt do anything. and even if that situation does happen, it'll work maybe once because the killer will just realize you're running soul guard and go after the other survivor that healed you. or just like with borrowed time, wait out the 8 seconds then down you. and in that case they wont be slugging you if they have a hex because they know you're running this perk. or if the hex is broken which lets face it it will be after a while, then they will slug you anyway.

  • I can imagine this perk coming in clutch when the killer with NOED Slugs everyone before they open the doors.

  • I'd say it's an okay perk. Nothing amazing. But strong in the right situation. Overall I don't see it becoming meta.

  • We'll see how popular it becomes, I'll give it a try but am not that excited. I play solo mostly so to use the unbreakable effect I would have to defend that hex totem against my teammates instead of the killer keeping everyone off....😂

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1345786#Comment_1345786

    I think it will be meta, because one of the survivors's biggest pet peeves are being healed and instantly downed, I have also heard from tons of people that they are excited to run soul gaurd. Survivors also detest slugging killers like nurse, spirit and Oni, so I can see it becoming meta. Sorry I didn't elaborate that much, I had to do something and I had to type quickly.

    Most of the time when survivors pick up another a survivor off the ground, the killer isn't nearby. The situations where a survivor gets picked up near the killer are usually when it's the last survivor up. I don't see people dropping one of the already strong meta perks for a perk that is very good in a niche situation.

  • @Mookywolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1345263#Comment_1345263

    true, but if you're going up against a killer that understands this perk, then thats only going to work once. next time they see you get healed, they'll either chase you and wait the 8 seconds, or go after the person who healed you.

    You can probably get to a window or pallet in 8 seconds ( or out the exit gates). And since when do killers ever go for the one who picked the survivor off the ground? Because I've never seen that, they just instaslug that person again, which is what I'm hoping this perk will help with.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1345377#Comment_1345377

    You can probably get to a window or pallet in 8 seconds ( or out the exit gates). And since when do killers ever go for the one who picked the survivor off the ground? Because I've never seen that, they just instaslug that person again, which is what I'm hoping this perk will help with.

    ok, first point, fair, thats very true. second point though, im saying after the first time a killer tries to slug you again, the killer will realize you have the perk and go after the healer instead. which yes may not even be a situation that happens but nothing about this perk is guaranteed to be helpful in a trial.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1345396#Comment_1345396

    I assumed you were replacing Unbreakable with Soul Guard, not using both. My bad.

    -

    Then you'd only have benefited from Soul Guard in 21 of those games; the 6 where you weren't immediately downed it would have been useless.

    And you still can't guarantee that minimum of 21 games out of 100 will happen instead of ones where nobody is slugged. You could be running two perks, half your build, that will never activate.

    Well since im someone who thinks unbreakable is useless since slugging is kinda rare and when it does happen most times youre just smacked right down, I think in general it'll be a widely used perk even if you don't get as much use from it.

  • Slugging a survivor with activated DS will be really hard.

1 2 ›