Suggestion: Remove/Change Smartface cosmetic for Cannibal
In light of recent events I think that it’s best to remove or change the Smartface cosmetic for the Cannibal. It’s highly inappropriate for a white skin person to be wearing a black face, no matter what context it is in. The same should go for the Cannibal.
Comments
Because murdering teens for the entertainment of the Entity is completely appropriate..
Seriously tho, Leatherface is a mentally disturbed killer who wears a mask made with the skin of his victims, and removing ONE because of its different colour seems wrong imho.
Eh I dont really think it's that big of a deal. What else would they replace claudette's face with? Barely anyone has the skin anyways so it's not that big of a deal.
Kinda funny me and a friend were just saying someone was gonna be a bit over sensitive and try to get that cosmetic remove, no don’t remove its leatherface he wears faces of all kinds. He doesn’t discriminate he rips the faces of all!
As much as I really want to argue about the “protest” not actually working..we probably should keep politics out of the fourms,
I mean the entire point worked. The 4 murderers are on trial now.
Like I said not really the place for these topics they spark alot of arguments and just do not belong in a dbd fourm
It was really always in poor taste, personally. Yeah, we all get it, he murders people and puts on their skin. No one would honestly care if it was removed, though.
This conversation has been brought up to me and my friends and it's personally screwed up. You don't see it too often, because why would anyone want to play him unless you wanted to facecamp, but when we see "Smartface" we're always like:
If you really wanted a white murderer to wear a black woman's skin so bad that you'd complain if that option was taken away, you've got some things to sort out in your head.
Meh, I don't see the problem with Claudette's face in particular.
Otherwise why would it be okay for him to wear Jake's face? (I'm picking him because he's the other non-white original survivor)
It is a cool thing imho that they added those kind of cosmetics for him since it is basically his lore, and I'm pretty sure that BHVR already had this kind of arguments before adding Claudette's face to the bunch, they usually don't take very lightly issues tied to racism, and rightly so.
I personally wouldn't care since I don't even own Bubba so nothing would be "taken away" from me, but I still think that there should be a balance in understanding what's racist and what's not.
Bubba wearing the faces of his victims is not.
Maybe it would have been if only Claudette's face was the available one, but it's not the case.
A fictional character has no motives or rationale beyond its creator's decisions.
Leatherface's lore doesn't matter -- especially in the hands of players who do not and cannot possibly represent whatever message his creator might have been trying to convey, had they included a Smartface analog in the source material -- when the implications at hand are pretty sketchy.
Anyone who knows who Leatherface is and what he does will immediately be able to tell that it's not racist.
Feel like the irony here would be that if he had access to the other faces and NOT Claudette's, someone would complain about inclusiveness.
Leatherface treats everyone equally, regardless of race and skins. If that offends you in a game that is about murder and hanging people on meat hooks, the I think you need to grow a thicker skin. No pun intended.
100% agree
My GF said you'd say this. All of this.
Isn't it prejudiced to want to remove content due to race?
In several years, you didn't say anything before?
Are you really championing anything right now or are your feelings miffed about something else?
A fictional character has no motives, rationale, thoughts, or feelings beyond its creator's decisions.
I completely agree with you, However my opinion is that Leatherface is a bad guy, so ofc he would do that.