Noed Rework Idea
Currently, Hex: No One Escapes Death is a very frustrating perk to go against as a survivor. This is because it rewards the killer for bad gameplay, all four survivors could do really well in the match, but this perk can literally give the killer easy kills they dont deserve. At the end of the day, noed rewards the killer for playing inefficiently, and this is poor design. I never use noed when i play killer (at rank 1 btw) because I don't let my games reach that point, a bad killer gets rewarded in failing their objective to sacrifice.
The idea I have to fix this is very simple:
Only give the exposed status effect to survivors who are dead on hook. That's it, easy fix.
This is now good design because the killer is rewarded for getting that survivor to that phase on hook, rather than being rewarded by failing at your objective.
I think I make a very valid point, and the developers should consider redesigning the perk.
Comments
it doesnt "reward the killer for bad gameplay". instead it "punishes the survivors for failing their secondary objective".
just do bones.
What's with the trend of "make killer stuff only work on survivors who are already dead"?
Break the totems. It's that simple. I had three teams yesterday who prevented my NOED. Why can't you do the same?
Just curious, why would you even be using noed? I'd assume you're really good at the game so why would you even need it?
Noeds fine imo
Endgame build of course (for me at least)
Bloodwarden+noed is funny as hell.
You assume wrong. I'm above average Also, it's very, very funny when you hit survivors with NOED and they start panicking.
I have said this before, but NOED only rewards bad play from killers if survivors also do bad play. Do bones.
NoEd rewards Killers who pressure Survivors well enough to rush gens and forget about doing totems. It also rewards Killers who do well throughout a match with only 3 perks.
It punishes bad Survivors because if the Killer was truly bad, then they wouldn't be much of a threat in endgame, seeing that the Killer wouldn't have had many hooks, thus giving the Survivors plenty of time to look for the totem once someone gets hooked after they're downed by it.