The Last of Us 2

Is anyone else besides me excited for The Last of Us 2. I love and replay the main story of the first game a lot so I am definitely looking forward to the main story of the second game. Before playing dead by daylight I pretty much mostly play the online factions of the last of us and still do when I'm not playing dead by daylight so I am really hoping they put a online factions or some similar online multiplayer thing with the second game.

The new chapter for dead by daylight comes out on the 16th so I am going to have to binge play the new chapter before friday on the 19th when the second last of us gets released since I am going to play that game like crazy for the few days after it comes out lol

Comments

  • I hope you'll like Tlou2, regardless of the controversy.

  • right now I regret buying resident evil 3.

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    right now I regret buying resident evil 3.

    Oof thats gotta suck hard bud, I honestly feel so bad for you. I did not like that game, too short and not innovative

  • Can't wait for this game!

  • Hell yeah

    Took the day off picking up my collector's edition at 10 in the morning

    Can't wait 😀

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    Hell yeah

    Took the day off picking up my collector's edition at 10 in the morning

    Can't wait 😀

    Niceeee. I'm really excited for it. I know I will love the story. I'm also hoping they will do the online multiplayer as well. I have always loved naughty dogs games from the uncharted series to the last of us so I'm so looking forward to it.

  • @Puffieball said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1343031#Comment_1343031

    Niceeee. I'm really excited for it. I know I will love the story. I'm also hoping they will do the online multiplayer as well. I have always loved naughty dogs games from the uncharted series to the last of us so I'm so looking forward to it.

    Yeah naughty dog does put out some kick ass games, but the last of us faction 2 is more then likely going to be a stand alone game in the future

  • @mottigedel said:

    controversy? you mean the violence in the game? i would say that's a big plus in my book

    Oh no no no

  • If i remember correctly, factions will not be available for the early days of the release. It will come later, but i don't know as another game or built-in. I think it will be built-in, because Naughty Dog doesn't seem like that type of company. Still, no idea.

    For the last of us part 2, you are not alone. It's the best game i will have on my PS4. The only singleplayer game i have that comes close to it would be HITMAN 2. But even HITMAN 2 feels outdated after seeing HITMAN 3's trailer. Goddamn they're finally making cinematics and Miss Burnwood is looking fine. I wonder if she will be playable, in sort of an online mode? Perhaps a player is the handler, and the other agent 47? Well HITMAN isn't the topic.

    @Walker_of_the_fog_96 Completely agree. I ordered that game on january and i regret it to the end. PC Resistance is literally unplayable since the hackers and their ddoses. The campaign feels like a DLC.

  • I couldn't get in to the first one (was a psn monthly).

  • @OhMyWords said:

    If i remember correctly, factions will not be available for the early days of the release. It will come later, but i don't know as another game or built-in. I think it will be built-in, because Naughty Dog doesn't seem like that type of company. Still, no idea.

    For the last of us part 2, you are not alone. It's the best game i will have on my PS4. The only singleplayer game i have that comes close to it would be HITMAN 2. But even HITMAN 2 feels outdated after seeing HITMAN 3's trailer. Goddamn they're finally making cinematics and Miss Burnwood is looking fine. I wonder if she will be playable, in sort of an online mode? Perhaps a player is the handler, and the other agent 47? Well HITMAN isn't the topic.

    @Walker_of_the_fog_96 Completely agree. I ordered that game on january and i regret it to the end. PC Resistance is literally unplayable since the hackers and their ddoses. The campaign feels like a DLC.

    Hackers in resistance? How is that possible?

    that just shows capcom's concern for his fans, nothing ... just walking wallets. (I really want resistance to be abandoned by capcom so the resident evil license can have the possibility of came in dbd, seriously)

  • I will wait until it releases to see if the gameplay is worth it

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1344821#Comment_1344821

    Hackers in resistance? How is that possible?

    that just shows capcom's concern for his fans, nothing ... just walking wallets. (I really want resistance to be abandoned by capcom so the resident evil license can have the possibility of came in dbd, seriously)

    True. "WE DO IT!" my ass. Get 1 good game in and the next one is flaming trash, at a higher price.

  • I cancelled my preorder based on the leaked storyline. I'm ok with the decision to kill off a character but this game should have been Ellie's game not me hunting her down for half the game. The game graphically looks amazing enjoy, i'm sure though others will have issue with the direction the story goes.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    I couldn't get in to the first one (was a psn monthly).

    That is a shame you didn't like it the gameplay can be repetitive but the story between Ellie and Joel makes that game. If HBO follows that storyline for the tv series for 2 seasons they will have a hit.

  • @Puffieball @I_am_Negan just curious how you feel about the story now that you had a chance to play?

  • @fcc2014 said:

    @Puffieball @I_am_Negan just curious how you feel about the story now that you had a chance to play?

    It's awesome 😀 happy with my collector's edition. It's definitely worth the playthrough if you're still interested in it. I'm not going to drop spoilers.

    I didn't finish it yet. I can say it's another naughty dog masterpiece, but that's just me I'm sure others will say different

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    I will wait until it releases to see if the gameplay is worth it

    I wont buy it. It's just the first one with better graphics but worse story.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1345846#Comment_1345846

    I wont buy it. It's just the first one with better graphics but worse story.

    It's not just better graphics. The story part is very true for most players. But you can not ignore the improvements made to animations, combat, the map, etc. They're impossible to ignore when doing a fair review.

  • This thread didn't age well at all did it?

  • @Puffieball said:

    Is anyone else besides me excited for The Last of Us 2. I love and replay the main story of the first game a lot so I am definitely looking forward to the main story of the second game. Before playing dead by daylight I pretty much mostly play the online factions of the last of us and still do when I'm not playing dead by daylight so I am really hoping they put a online factions or some similar online multiplayer thing with the second game.

    The new chapter for dead by daylight comes out on the 16th so I am going to have to binge play the new chapter before friday on the 19th when the second last of us gets released since I am going to play that game like crazy for the few days after it comes out lol

    So... How'd you find the game now that it's out?

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    right now I regret buying resident evil 3.

    I regret buy RDR2 and Control. I completely abandoned them for TLOU2 lol

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/159866/the-last-of-us-2

    So... How'd you find the game now that it's out?

    Pretty much have changed my mind lol. I will always love and continue playing the first one but I literally cant stand the second one now. The visual and gameplay mechanics were good but the story was just butchered. I can get the way they toke for the story to give motivation for ellie but when you play the majority of the game as the person abby who killed Joel it just takes it away. Would have rather just played ellie the whole time. The only way I'll play the last of us 2 anymore is if they release a online portion like the first one lol.

  • I am LOVING the gameplay it's self, soo fun to sneak around and be immersive taking off enemies one by one, and it's just a better version of the first this time around.

    There is controversy over the story, but if you are a die hard fan like me you shouldn't let story choices ruin your fun of the game.

  • After the Silent Hill chapter, We all can hope that someday Dead By Daylight gets the license for Last of us. I'm fine if it's a paragraph with Ellie and Joel as survivors and no killers.

  • I finished the game a few hours ago and I love it. Definitely going back for a second and maybe even a third playthrough.

    @JohnNorwich19623 said:

    After the Silent Hill chapter, We all can hope that someday Dead By Daylight gets the license for Last of us. I'm fine if it's a paragraph with Ellie and Joel as survivors and no killers.

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

    I wouldn't mind seeing an Infected as the Killer, the new Rat King Infected from the ground zero hospital could work, although it would need some changes, unless we want a big blob of Infected running around the Fog.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I finished the game a few hours ago and I love it. Definitely going back for a second and maybe even a third playthrough.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1382791#Comment_1382791

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲ ▼

    I wouldn't mind seeing an Infected as the Killer, the new Rat King Infected from the ground zero hospital could work, although it would need some changes, unless we want a big blob of Infected running around the Fog.

    Not alot of people are fan of the Rat king, Might aswell make it a paragraph with Ellie and Joel as the survivors. Just like Ash. Bhvr will definitely be seeing an increased revenue when they release a Last of us chapter.

  • @JohnNorwich19623 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1388558#Comment_1388558

    Not alot of people are fan of the Rat king, Might aswell make it a paragraph with Ellie and Joel as the survivors. Just like Ash. Bhvr will definitely be seeing an increased revenue when they release a Last of us chapter.

    People didn’t like the Rat King? I’ve only seen praise towards it and its section. Even people that didn’t like the rest of the game had good things to say about Ground Zero.

  • It just feels rather bizaar to have a game which kills off a popular character (in my mind fair enough - it could build into an emotional rollercoaster), but then make you play as the very person who killed 'em! It gives no empathy towards a character if that's done, and could create an empty experience.