Derailed into discussion about Devotion #5,291

LMFAO I LOVE this community!

Comments

  • Only 3 Spine Chills? Weak!!

    image.png


  • I wish I could throw in trash and still play like a god. I depend on my same 6 perks.If I don't have 4 of them...I'm useless...😓

  • Imagine bragging with a screenshot of you killing a rank 20 survivor.

  • Yeah..these guys were complete scrubs dude

  • one of the guys in one of the games didn't have spine chill. So your argument is invalid and you're now officially trash somehow /s

  • the first step of being independent is letting go

    As for the OP spine chill is indeed easilly countered once you know they have it. Just side step to the gen

    Still a bit feel bad for stalker killers

  • @Dolls meant to quote you in my post. Didn't work and i can edit the comment

    the first step of being independent is letting go, just try playing without those perks for a while

    Inexperience =/= useless

    It just means a lot of potential to grow

  • One game means everything I guess.

  • My man seriously just brought up Devotion level as if it means something.

  • Hey, the 3 I had were all single digit ranking. :p

    This wasn't a serious post, it was mostly a poke at them for ingame trolling. I'm sure you're a great player and everyone gets better as they go. As I'm sure plenty of comments coming up will point out this is nothing to really brag about and I'm an ok player at best.


    Look, here come 2 now! :3


    Oh yeah, I am absolute garbage, friend. Just the worst.


    I've never understood sidestep or moonwalk strategies. How do you even know where they are? Wouldn't they see you like, crab walking towards them? Perfect example of how mediocre I am in the grand scheme, I have no clue how to pull that off. I tried it ONCE, they were long gone when I arrived. LMFAO


    I've hit red rank one time but decided the hair loss wasn't worth it and stopped trying to focus on it at all. I salute the power of your scalp follicles, friend. ●7


    If you posted after this member I have by now remembered people take this ######### way too serious and have abandoned the thread. Please feel free to derail it into the nearest brick wall whilst blasting a christmas Carol of your choosing at full volume. God speed and goodnight, citizens.

    (Feel free to troll the hell out of me if you cross paths on Switch as well because I LOVE funny stories to tell my partner and pals later on!)

  • @Sonzaishinai Yeah, I knew you meant me.😊

    My 3 go to are

    Urban invasion

    Premonition

    And bond


    4th spot (one of these

    Calm spirit

    Detectives bunch

    Small game

    I've never played with a friend so always feel on my own. I'm not good at chases so I like to get the warning and them slink away without leaving tracks

    I also like breaking totems (the loners life) I don't like working gens with others so if I see teammates coming towards my gen, I disappear into the fog..lol

    But I'm not completely useless. Once I started 4 1\2 gens by myself! That only ever happened once.

  • You’re proud of killing a rank 20 that doesn’t even have 4 perks?

  • What was the point of this thread?

  • @Dolls

    Sounds like stake out would fit your playstyle quite well. Seing how it seems you prefer being stealthy. And with that you'll be able to do the gens faster

    It also helps with knowing when the killer is near as the times i played with i found i notice the perk filling up way faster then the terror radius. Especially with the newer ones as they tend to start out quiet

    You should give it a try and see if you like it ^^

  • @Bovinity

    Devotion is the amount of time you have spent in the game. Unlike ranks, it actually means something. That being said, it shouldn't stop players from arguing their case. But, @DudeDelicious bringing it up does raise a valid point: Both you and the OP are yellow rank killers vs. white/purple survivors. They may not know how to use the information to the best of their ability. That, and many of them do not have competent builds yet. Does that not seem a little off to you? As in, a little unreliable for your argument?

  • While Devotion doesn't equate skill it does equate time spend playing (matches). As a result it shows (to an extent) a level of understanding/experience with the game.

    Obviously something to be taken lightly, but not without some merit.

  • @Raven014

    I'm always amazed by this argument.

    "Time spent" means something, but gameplay performance does not?

    Very strange.

    (Also, it's not a serious thread, ya dummy.)

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Bovinity said:

    @Raven014

    I'm always amazed by this argument.

    "Time spent" means something, but gameplay performance does not?

    Very strange.

    (Also, it's not a serious thread, ya dummy.)

    The ranking system only tells you time in the game during that month, nothing more... and it resets. It is not an indicator of performance. At all. Especially since you can easily pip, and people can be absolute potatoes while being in the highest rank. Confusing rank with skill is a mistake.

    Devotion, on the other hand is tied directly to total time. This cannot be manipulated. There are no ways to actually farm XP, unlike emblems. If anything, Devotion is closer to your amount of skill than ranks are, as the more time you spend in the game total, the more experienced, and better, at the game you should be.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1337841#Comment_1337841

    The ranking system only tells you time in the game during that month, nothing more... and it resets. It is not an indicator of performance. At all. Especially since you can easily pip, and people can be absolute potatoes while being in the highest rank. Confusing rank with skill is a mistake.

    Devotion, on the other hand is tied directly to total time. This cannot be manipulated. There are no ways to actually farm XP, unlike emblems. If anything, Devotion is closer to your amount of skill than ranks are, as the more time you spend in the game total, the more experienced, and better, at the game you should be.

    That's flatly absurd.

    For one, you just said that both are just measures of time, but the one that is also a measure of performance is somehow less meaningful because it only reflects time you played recently? That's literally the opposite of how anything works.

    Second, you say you can't manipulate xp? Sure, all the farmers and AFKers and people who just goof off most of the time want to talk to you.

    I see this argument so much in gaming circles and it's just mind-boggling. Raw time spent is meaningless without something to show for it.

  • @SpookyStabby said:

    LMFAO I LOVE this community!

    We love you, too. 😁