What is everyone's thoughts on the Decisive Strike Potential Rework? (Please Don't Argue)
I just wanted to know what people's thoughts were on the potential Decisive Strike Rework.
Please do not argue in the forums. I understand if you are a killer main you'd be happy about the no heal, if you are a killer main please do not pick on Survivor Mains and vise versa to Survivor Mains. Mkay?
PS: I tagged this as DevStream because it was announced in a DevStream.
Comments
Yeah, unless people were using Voice Comms it'd be hard to use. I'd like it if the No Heal was temporary and not for the rest of the game, like a hook respawn time, three minutes would be fair.
I don't use it so i don't really care. I do think it is going to be a broken worthless perk. I wonder how many people who bought Halloween for that perk may feel cheated. Same way people who bought Freddy did and than he got nerfed.
They shouldnt feel that way. Unless you got the DLC just last week, you had plenty of time to get the best out of DS (almost 2 years now!). And if you did get it recently, too bad, thats what can happen in any business (like buying a full priced TV just the day before it gets a discount). This isnt restricted to DbD, its any service.
why would anyone feel cheated? has been in the game for 2 years being broken since the release, imo is about god damn time to finish this nonsense.
Only ones affected will be bad survivors.
It may have been in the game 2 years some people have not had the game that long somebody in another thread bought it 3 months ago.
Just because ppl keep on buying the chapter that doesnt mean a broken thing should stay broken forever.
It isn't broken, it was made to do what it is intended to do. People just got really good at the game.
I'm not going to stay here an argue over why and how is op.
Even devs admitted it that it was a mistake, and they even said would never implement anything like this again.
Being released in 2016 clearly shows that it was a early mistake at that time and they didnt know it back then, but now they do.
Yes being able to get a free life once downed is broken play killer anywere past rank 16 then tell me if you still feel this way.
Scrap the perk entirely. Think of something else.
A perk like that should've never been in any game this long.
When I made this, the latest news (As I heard) was that Decisive Strike was going to get a button press, no skill check I mean, but you'd be stuck in the Broken State for the rest of the game.
You're right, I think that Laurie should have something else instead of Decisive Strike, she deserves something more practical, like a boost in wiggle time might be reasonable if I'm getting stuck in a no heal state, since practically every killer now decides to tunnel Decisive Strike Users, it practically makes it so you get a guaranteed death unless you use it at the end of the match to get out the exit.> @Global said:
It is annoying when you see a Decisive User on the higher ranks because it makes it so you have to work all over again, imagine how Noob3's opponents must feel, they rage quit half the time because of his crutch perks and he knows why, too. That's how he plays.> @Dudddd said:
I know, people get so mad when you waste their Decisive because they were t bagging in front of the exit gates. Not my fault your a trash player who t bagged near the exit gate AND a hook.> @fcc2014 said:
I know, I got it very recently, only a few months ago, but I bought some DLC Packs (Up to 3 now, because I'm cheap) because I found it annoying because I couldn't play as Feng Min because I wasn't paying for DLC, so I bought 'A Spark Of Madness', then I got 'The Curtain Call' then finally, I got the Halloween Pack, the next day I learn that there's gonna be a Decisive Rework and I'm losing the only perk that actually made Laurie worth playing, since all her other perks just tell the killer where she is.
Is the current idea still the one of it making you get the Broken SE, but everyone can trigger it at any time?
) that it's not a good change.
Cause if that's the current idea, i argue (
I would call it better than the current DS, but being better than something bad doesn't mean it's good.
with rancor now it feels more balanced since you can die ez without using it at the end of the match
....
Argue?
I hate you.> @WhateverIGuess said:
They should be able to choose a spare perk so they don't get stuck with deja vu, or another perk that equals nothing or makes it harder to hide (Object of Obsession).
I only used OOC for example because whenever you use that perk and try to juke the killer they see your aura and kill you.
So do i.
You'd be seeing a lot of DCs if someone gets their DS replaced with No Mither. xD
they aren't smart enough to counter one simple perk
I think that it isn't good idea because many people right now are tunneling and camping and decisive strike is a little bit counter and helper to not being camped/killed.
Helps punish the people who think it's a good idea to tunnel the Claudette for the entire game because she's running Botany Knowledge with We'll Make It.

Only obsession should be able to use DS. Having more DS's in the group increases the size of the skill check. If you want to use DS, you should run other obsession perks to make sure you are an obsession. SS and OoO need to be changed a bit so they are worth using, and the next survivor should have an obsession perk of some kind.
Please I'd like to suggest to play both sides in higher ranks, like the red ones, then express your opinion again since what you're saying is totally wrong.
Thank you for your attention