How would you feel about a Random queue?

By Random queue I mean you hit "Random" and you get put into queue with others who have also selected it, and everything is randomized from your available inventory. Your role, character, perks, items & addons, and offerings.

Or maybe a toned down version where you can select who to play as but nothing else.

Comments

  • Oh.

    I thought you meant that you'd be put in a queue and would randomly be put in as a Survivor or Killer based on greatest need in the queue. (But not random everything) Maybe with a small BP boost like some other games do. That'd be neat.

    But your thing is ok, too. ;)

  • Sounds like a lot of fun to me. I'd probably play a few matches of that every time I got on.

  • I think this would go far in helping players sympathize with both roles. The community might actually be able to come up with legitimate ideas on how to help balance things.

  • You mean solo que? Cause that is pretty much what I get on ps4 when I play survivor lol.

    Yeah random would be great for killers but a lot of the swf death squads would complain because killers would choose that over being forced to put up with them.

  • Sounds like a good way for faster matchmaking as it kinda just fills in what's needed

  • Be my luck, the game would make me play Burgerking Myers

  • I like the idea of randomizing your perks. I sometimes use the DBDR Randomizer app that gives you 4 random perks to use in a match. My David is the only one with every perk in the game so I use him for that. It really breaks up the monotony and can makes matches quite interesting.

  • definitely a fun concept, but might be hard to actually do right. You dont want complete randomization cus then you might get a no add on killer with awful perks vs god tier survivor perks and all purple items. So you need to ascribe a certain value to things and atleast make killers and survivors land in the same range. This would be kinda hard though, especially since some things combo really well / poorly, but that's okay since its supposed to be random. Still I cant help but feel like completely random would lead to too many unplayably unbalanced games while implementing some regulations would be surprisingly hard. If they get it right though, by making sure killers and survivors are usually fairly matched, this could be incredibly fun.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Sounds like a lot of fun to me. I'd probably play a few matches of that every time I got on.

    Yeah sometimes I just want something random and it would be nice if everyone in the room was doing the same and not just running sweaty builds.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I mean, there is nothing much to randomize about role, since you only play as killer / survivor. But I can guess survivor can have "The Runner" "The Totem Cleanser" "The Jockey" or whatever, however killer remains the same, and the core gameplay is pretty much the same.

    As for random perks, addons, items etc. There is a website that you can use which randomizes your perks, items, addons and offerings and it;s very fun when used with friends.

    Also, IMO, not sure how I would feel about having the community split into playing this vs the normal game more that you get. Not sure how I would feel when playing with someone that has Poised, or Sole Survivor... etc.

    Sounds fun, but it's pretty vague, more thought could be put into the idea

    I know there's a website but having the game do it would e much better.

    @casonius said:

    definitely a fun concept, but might be hard to actually do right. You dont want complete randomization cus then you might get a no add on killer with awful perks vs god tier survivor perks and all purple items. So you need to ascribe a certain value to things and atleast make killers and survivors land in the same range. This would be kinda hard though, especially since some things combo really well / poorly, but that's okay since its supposed to be random. Still I cant help but feel like completely random would lead to too many unplayably unbalanced games while implementing some regulations would be surprisingly hard. If they get it right though, by making sure killers and survivors are usually fairly matched, this could be incredibly fun.

    Yeah I would imagine it would fill everything if you have the availability. It would encourage you to invest some points into everyone so you aren't running a 1 perk no item survivor or killer.

  • @LordGlint said:

    Be my luck, the game would make me play Burgerking Myers

    BK Myers with Furtive Chase, Lightborne, Iron Maiden, and Hangman's Trick

  • I'd be fine with it as long as it wasn't tied to the normal ranking system. I would definitely play it if it weren't.

  • That would be fun :)

  • @coppersly said:

    By Random queue I mean you hit "Random" and you get put into queue with others who have also selected it, and everything is randomized from your available inventory. Your role, character, perks, items & addons, and offerings.

    Or maybe a toned down version where you can select who to play as but nothing else.

    I dig it

  • I don't think it should be a permanent game option. But I've strongly felt for a long time that they need to introduce an alternate game mode rotation. I would be fine with something like this added as an alternate game mode that shows up every 3 months or so for a weekend. The newness would wear off pretty quickly though. It also would suck while trying to do challenges getting random garbage that doesn't help. It would also suck getting No Mither as a survivor. I think that particular perk should be removed.