Im starting to think that this game isnt fun
After multiple matches as killer where i get genrushed, i thought to play survivor.
My first match as survivor, i get a face camping bubba.
This game is getting more and more unpleasant to play honestly.
EDIT: Just so people reading know, i am a red rank survivor and killer, and ive been playing dbd since 2017.
Im just saying how my unpleasant experiences are rising and its upsetting because i really like this game and i dont want to stop playing.
Comments
What rank are you? This sounds like a new player post.
The game has a brutal learning curve so that's not very helpful.
Not only does that affect you as a player (you just won't be as good or know the tricks to effectively play) but it also affects your opponents as a lot of new players will use unsporting tactics (face camping and tunneling as killers or hiding and being timid as a mouse while you're getting hung out to dry as a survivor on the hook).
The game can be super fun but it takes time for you to learn how to really play and it takes time for you to get out of the beginner ranks to play with/against people who know what they're doing.
Both issues are because survivors are too safe. It's so easy to loop at least well enough to waste so much killer time that chases are almost not worth it, especially since it feels like every survivor runs 2-3 second chance perks, that survivors don't have to consider when/if to repair a generator. If the killer doesn't show, great, I'll finish the gen. If the killer shows, great, I'll run him around long enough for a gen (or two) to get finished. I've had plenty of killer games where one "good" looper in a swf is actively hunting ME to try and bait me into chases.
So, killers tunnel and face camp because in many cases the alternative is just running around getting nothing accomplished while 3 people play quicktime events for 10 minutes.
I'm not sure anything but a radical rethinking of the base game mechanic fixes the fact that it's scarier to play a horror movie monster than a horror movie victim.
Don’t give up right away things just take time to learn.Believe me I felt the same way when I first started to play as a killer. I know it doesn’t seem easy but you just gotta practice more😀.
The game for me isnt fun when I get screwed over by matchmaking.
Last match three red ranks, to compensate the 4th survivor was rank 19.
Well at least i got 2k but the other survivors found a key in a chest because fack me right.
I am a rank 1 survivor and killer, ive also been playing since the saw chapter release.
Thanks for the encouragement, but im actually a rank 1 killer and i know what im doing, but i dont like how one chase means two gens pop, even though the chase was actually really short.
It’s hard to argue OP’s fun. I find it fun. Feels good knowing I can win despite the complaints I read on here. I tallied my wins yesterday.
Red rank killer (US): 4, 2, 4, 4, 4, 4.
Many of those games had two or fewer gens remaining btw. First couple fly off because of how spawns work. Then it crawls after some good gameplay.
Ive set a new rule for myself, if im down to 1 gen left and ive only gotten 1 or 2 hooks (either because i ######### up and did poorly or because swf gen rush had gens done stupid quick, either way) Im dragging someone into the basement and were having a party. Its part of the game
These were really good survivors, they had gens 3 gens done in like 2 minutes. I dragged one in the basement and it became a dog fight. Notice my points, i pipped that game. My point is, ITS PART OF THE GAME. In the current meta its even encouraged. I dont mean 1st hook camping with 5 gens left, thats stupid, but when your backs against the wall its a VIABLE option.
That leads us to bubba. Bubba sucks largely. You know (being youre a r1) that a lot of bubbas face camp and run noed. Idk why its even a suprise to anyone at this point.
Edited to add: im 95% sure that r13 was a smurf they were using to get noob killers. Im 100% sure they were a 4 man.
Heh, I went back and did an old tome challenge last night. "Hook 2 survivors in the basement in a single trial using the perk Agitation"
So I hopped on Trapper, got in a game, and headed straight for the basement. Barely moved from there all game. Sure enough, someone eventually found their way to the area, got trapped, and got hooked.
From there the game fell apart as every survivor wanted their unhook points, and ultimately became a 3k with the 4th person getting out by the skin of their teeth after also trying their hand at the basement rescues.
Sometimes you win because you played really well, and sometimes you win because your opponent(s) played really poorly. 🤣
Yup, it happens both ways. That game i got screwed cause they were very efficient with gens AND the first 2 gens i came across that were being worked on I couldnt find the survivors (i was panicking a little because id played against them before and got waxed, knew they were gen rushers).
At the very end i had 3 in dying state around basement, they were FOR SURE dead, claudette was HAULING ASS towards the open gate, I managed to down her about 5 feet from it. Hooked her and another and we all watched the timer end together. This was a fight to the very bitter end
Maybe you should try taking a break for awhile then. I started about the same time you did (bought the Saw version of DBD that came with a digital copy of the first film, lol) and I actually just got back to the game after putting it down for about 3 months. I'm not one to think anyone is truely helpless in combating "genrush" but I DO know the game can get stressful at times, which can lead to making dumb mistakes...which add to the stress. I'm not saying put DBD down for good or anything... but yeah, play something else for abit. Epic game store is giving away a different free game every week atm, so might be able to give ya something you'd like for abit.