These wait times have got to change
I'm on PS4 and I'm waiting 5+ minutes to join a survivor lobby, not even the actual game. And from what I hear PC players are waiting like 20 minutes or something. It's absolutely ridiculous! I know the devs are fixing matchmaking, so hopefully wait times are included in that. I guess I'm just mad that it wasn't addressed sooner. I'm virtually a forced killer main since I join lobbies in less than a minute on that role. Why get 1 game in when I can get 2 in, you know? The wait times should never have been this bad in the first place, certainly not from a game with as big of a player base.
Comments
Play killer, more are needed and ques are short
That's why there will be crossplay. People that are willing to crossplay will have second-lobbies.
I'm a red rank PC survivor...I wait maybe a minute or two...however on Killer my wait is usually around 10-15 minutes. So idk what the disparity is. Maybe local. 🤷
it's because killers are in demand what can they do if there aren't enough killers to matchmake quickly?
How about giving players a reason to want to play killer. Not everyone is like me and is insane enough to continue playing killer when you have so little power over the survivors. This game might have the weakest killers in the entire survivors vs killer genre.
Ok,that's a bit of a stretch honestly.
Sure,survivors are still stronger than killers but not by that much anymore.
It used to be waaaaaaay more survivor sided.
Playing killer on console is a pain the ass. The frame drops can make for a very frustrating time. Not to mention, a lot of killers have stopped playing because of how the matchmaking is pitting them against survivors way out of their league; killers aren't having fun. Anyway, survivor is easier on console whereas killer is easier on PC (from what I've gathered from other players, I could be mistaken).
Devs can't really do anything about the wait time if it's due to a lack of players for a specific role. If everyone had long queues then it'd be one thing, but when only one side has a long queue and the other has a fast queue it suggests more people are playing one side over the other. Supposedly the new matchmaking they'll be coming out with will make faster lobbies, but if there's a huge imbalance between player numbers then I'd think only crossplay and/or bots could fix the core issue.
You’re not mistaken, it’s so much easier to play killer on PC. I switched from PS4 to PC this year and not only do I get to play with 120 FPS (which feels like a different game), but playing killer with mouse is so much more precise and I can customise the appearance of the game somewhat (nothing crazy, just the in game options and slightly increased brightness). I suck with keyboard and mouse controls but even with that handicap, I do much better and have more fun as killer on PC than I ever did on PS4. I wouldn’t go back to playing killer on console even if somebody paid me.
Ps4 needs more killers to reduce the que.
But its such an awful experience noone wants to, survivors control too much.