Survive With Friends Ranking

Survive with friends currently matches rank 1 players against rank 20 killers and it doesn't make any sense. These matches push new players out of both the killer role and the game as a whole. It would make far more sense for the survive with friends to match based on their highest ranked player. The killer doesn't choose to play in a survive with friends game, and yet they pay the price by playing against survivors far out of their league. Furthermore, the survive with friends team already has an advantage because they are likely talking through a voice chat.

Comments

  • @White_Jesus said:

    Survive with friends currently matches rank 1 players against rank 20 killers and it doesn't make any sense. These matches push new players out of both the killer role and the game as a whole. It would make far more sense for the survive with friends to match based on their highest ranked player. The killer doesn't choose to play in a survive with friends game, and yet they pay the price by playing against survivors far out of their league. Furthermore, the survive with friends team already has an advantage because they are likely talking through a voice chat.

    Well,I'm not going to disagree. It does the exact same thing regardless of SWF. At first I heard it was supposed to be within 6 ranks. So if I'm a 10 I could get matched with a 4 or a 16. Now I'm hearing it was supposed to be within 8 ranks. So at 10 that's anywhere from a 2 to an 18. I haven't seen anything personally from the devs,so don't quote me on anything. That's just how I heard it was supposed to work. I just came back to the game in January or February and I was seeing red ranks as a rank 16 killer. I kind of just tried to push through. The only time I saw people all the same rank was when I played low rank survivor. Then all the survivors and killer were really close. They are going to do a new system,but I'm not sure how that'll look period,let alone for SWF.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    No the killer should be a fair middle ground between all the ranks of the SWF. So if one player is rank 1 and the other is rank 16, the fairest killer rank would be around rank 10 - not impossible to kill a rank 1, and not overly hard for the rank 16. And trust me, being red rank doesn't mean you're a good player.... Its shocking how fast newish players are reaching that level.

    The matchmaking is not how its suppose to be right now. I get its frustrating but everyone should know by now that it's not meant to be like this, its just a problem they haven't fixed yet. They plan on bringing in a skill based matchmaking, so I think thats why its taking so long for them to do something about it honestly. I mean, why bother going to the trouble of fixing this ranking stuff if they're gonna implement something different soon anyway right?

    Actually, I was a rank 10 killer (and still am skill level wise) and it was tough getting just ONE rank 1 in my lobby due to matchmaking. It's simply unfair that killers are punished for a survivor's decision. If they decide to play with their friend, it is their decision that will cost their friend a possibly bad experience. It shouldn't be the other way around, seen as killers don't know if you're a swf or not and don't decide who is in their lobby.

    Make sense?

  • @MiniPisa said:

    No the killer should be a fair middle ground between all the ranks of the SWF. So if one player is rank 1 and the other is rank 16, the fairest killer rank would be around rank 10 - not impossible to kill a rank 1, and not overly hard for the rank 16. And trust me, being red rank doesn't mean you're a good player.... Its shocking how fast newish players are reaching that level.

    The matchmaking is not how its suppose to be right now. I get its frustrating but everyone should know by now that it's not meant to be like this, its just a problem they haven't fixed yet. They plan on bringing in a skill based matchmaking, so I think thats why its taking so long for them to do something about it honestly. I mean, why bother going to the trouble of fixing this ranking stuff if they're gonna implement something different soon anyway right?

    Ultimately the killer doesn't decide whether they are in a swf lobby or not, and the survivors get voice chat as well for coordination. So, it would seem the most fair thing would be to base it on the highest survivor's rank. At the end of the day plenty of rank 10 killers can't kill a rank 1 and they shouldn't be expected to. This is especially true when you have mechanics like flashlight and pallet saves that allow the rank 1 to carry the whole lobby and not just themselves. If you want to play with your rank 1 friend the cost shouldn't be to the killer but to you.

    Also, if they do intend to implement the new ranking system soon then this should act a suggestion to implement into that system.

  • @Snowstruck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1321589#Comment_1321589

    Actually, I was a rank 10 killer (and still am skill level wise) and it was tough getting just ONE rank 1 in my lobby due to matchmaking. It's simply unfair that killers are punished for a survivor's decision. If they decide to play with their friend, it is their decision that will cost their friend a possibly bad experience. It shouldn't be the other way around, seen as killers don't know if you're a swf or not and don't decide who is in their lobby.

    Make sense?

    I think maybe one of those comments were meant to be directed at me,but I'm not sure,lol. I agree with you though.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1321614#Comment_1321614

    I see where you're coming from but as i've stated before not all red rank players are actually good. And honestly, all I can say is don't commit to chases with them unless they're in a dead zone. If everyone else is fine, then go for them. Strike the high rank when you can. And I know thats still not great, but i'm saying it because if you're a rank 10 killer and you have 3 other rank 10's (or even lower) in your match, 1 red rank doesn't sound unfair to me because of the ratio.

    If anything, the most positive outlook on it is that if games are too easy or not challenging then you won't improve. Sometimes you gotta go up against a good survivor to learn what loops are infinite, what ones are counter-able and basically use that high rank survivor as practice. Trouble is, a survivor can't really do this. They can learn what killers most likely do in situations, but all they can really do is "mirror" the killer - with most loops you're in charge of where they're going. And for killer, as i've mentioned you could still get a 3k at least. But with a new survivor (if their friends are high rank) once the killer sees them they're dead almost instantly, which isn't exactly the ideal way you wanna be brought into the game, especially if you just wanna play with friends

    Ultimately it's just unfair. Plenty of rank 10 killers can't deal with a rank 1 survivor and shouldn't be expected to. Then to add on to that the rank 1 can carry the lobby if ignored through flashlight and pallet saves or even body blocking. Finally, you have to add the fact that they are coordinating things which gives them another advantage against the killer. If a survivor wants to play with their rank 1 friend then the cost should be put on the survivors not the killer.

    As for your second comment about a game not being challenging enough, the entire reason there is a ranking system is to avoid crushing new players. It's one thing to be "challenged" and an entire other thing to be placed in a clearly unfair match.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1321751#Comment_1321751

    I didn't say the game wasn't challenging enough. I meant at your current rank if games are getting a little too easy or not remotely challenging then you're ready to rank up - and generally this doesn't happen unless you've learned new things about chases through more experienced survivors. Unless you watch streamers (recommend OhTofu btw) you can't improve without better survivors, and survivors can't improve without better killers.

    I don't see whats so unfair about being in the middle? a rank 20 shouldn't have to deal with rank 1 lobbies (they would literally never get out of that rank unless their friend babysat them) and you can't just punish people for wanting to play with friends either. As a killer the experience is totally different, getting kills is your goal and if you can kill at least 3 of those survivors then I'd say thats pretty darn balanced. Because here's the thing, a rank 20 killer would not get bullied by rank 1's with my "middle ground" matchmaking. Maybe a rank 10 would, but nowhere near any newb rank would the killer have to meet a rank 1. As Ive mentioned before, a rank 20 survivor would. So how exactly is it fair that a rank 20 killer can be with rank 20's, but a rank 20 survivor has to be with rank 1 killers just because they play with friends?

    The first problem is that the current ranking system doesn't even meet in the middle. It is based entirely on the lowest ranked survivor (I get matched routinely with rank 20 killers when playing with my friend). However, even if the matchmaking system would place rank 1's against rank 10's I would still argue it's unfair. The killer took no part in the choice to play a survive with friends game and yet a rank 10 killer is expected to play against a rank 1 survivor.

    If you instead based it on the highest ranked survivor, then the only person with a disadvantage is the rank 20 survivor. The rank 20 CHOSE to play with his rank 1 friend, so he should have the burden of a hard match. At the end of the day if the survivor finds the matches too challenging he can choose not to play with his rank 1 friend. The killer CANNOT choose whether or not he's in a swf lobby.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1321791#Comment_1321791

    All good points, and I won't deny the matchmaking is horrible.. Even I get low rank killers sometimes... at rank 1... solo.... but still, theres literally no way of balancing this out fully. With your system a low rank survivor suffers, and with mine *based on your experience* a mid rank killer suffers. I see your point that the survivor is fully aware they will be going up against a high rank killer, but its still punishing.

    Seeing as we both feel strongly about our opinions, what if instead of it being fully inbetween ranks, the killer is slightly more on the high rank side?

    -example- instead of a rank 1 and a rank 20 survivor getting a rank 10 killer, they get a rank 6 or something in the purple rank. Its still technically in the middle, but its more fair to the killer. Still not great for the low rank survivor, but lets not kid ourselves.. a rank 10 killer would still destroy a rank 20 - it just looks more even. Obviously if theres more than 1 red rank survivor in the SWF team then ofc the killer will also be red rank, but for the sake of a simple 2 player SWF it could lean a little more inbetween. I just don't like the idea of it always being highest rank when theres a low rank involved.

    Yeah I would agree that someone always suffers and somewhere around rank 6 is probably the most fair. Then it could obviously be adjusted lower or higher based on swf win rates. Also, even if the devs can't implement this before the new ranking system, I would say it's worth keeping in mind for their new system.

  • I feel the ranking of an SWF should start with the highest rank player in the group. If the highest is a rank 2, then the game will start searching for rank 2 killers. In the meantime, it should compare the ranks of the other players to the rank 2. This way, you wouldn't be getting any easy killers for the rank 2, but you wouldn't be getting any difficult killers for the lower ranking players.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    I feel the ranking of an SWF should start with the highest rank player in the group. If the highest is a rank 2, then the game will start searching for rank 2 killers. In the meantime, it should compare the ranks of the other players to the rank 2. This way, you wouldn't be getting any easy killers for the rank 2, but you wouldn't be getting any difficult killers for the lower ranking players.

    I'm a little confused on the wording here. "In the meantime, it should compare the ranks of other players to the rank 2." By this do you mean find equally skilled survivors?

  • @White_Jesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1321900#Comment_1321900

    I'm a little confused on the wording here. "In the meantime, it should compare the ranks of other players to the rank 2." By this do you mean find equally skilled survivors?

    The other survivors in the swf should be compared to the rank 2 to find a killer suitable for everyone in the group to go against.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1321911#Comment_1321911

    The other survivors in the swf should be compared to the rank 2 to find a killer suitable for everyone in the group to go against.

    Yeah that's what MiniPisa and I were discussing above. Hopefully this will be implemented, because right now it's based on the lowest rank not the highest.

  • this just needs to be fixed.png

    This just needs to be fixed honestly.

  • this just needs to be fixed.png

    This just needs to be fixed honestly.

  • this just needs to be fixed.png

    This just needs to be fixed honestly.