Share your superstitions about the game

I'm not a superstitious guy, but I'm a little stitious. When playing this game I have this belief, born from a lot of experiences, that if I find a good item (rare or ultra-rare) in a chest without using Plunderer's Instinct or Ace In The Hole, the match will end badly and I will die a terrible death, no matter how much I try.

Luckily it doesn't happen often, but lately this happened a couple times and it got me wondering if other people have some sort of beliefs or superstitions regarding the game so: do you?.

Comments

  • Not superstitious either, these are all entirely based on confirmation bias.

    • Whatever BP offering you put up, the game will work out in such a way that it becomes the worst scoring category for you. If you put up an Objective offering as survivor, for example, you won't get any generators done (maybe you'll be on a hook for most of the trial or just get chased for a long time).
    • Whatever killer you play, you'll get the worst possible map for them (for example, Nurse and any Coldwind Farm map).
    • If you burn a Memento Mori, you'll be placed against survivors who demonstrate that the game is indeed survivor-sided.
    • If the killer burns a Memento Mori, all your teammates will be instantly replaced by their younger siblings who just learned how to pick up a spoon.
  • @Orion said:

    Not superstitious either, these are all entirely based on confirmation bias.

    • Whatever BP offering you put up, the game will work out in such a way that it becomes the worst scoring category for you. If you put up an Objective offering as survivor, for example, you won't get any generators done (maybe you'll be on a hook for most of the trial or just get chased for a long time).
    • Whatever killer you play, you'll get the worst possible map for them (for example, Nurse and any Coldwind Farm map).
    • If you burn a Memento Mori, you'll be placed against survivors who demonstrate that the game is indeed survivor-sided.
    • If the killer burns a Memento Mori, all your teammates will be instantly replaced by their younger siblings who just learned how to pick up a spoon.

    Ebony mori ABSOLUTELY gives you stupid fast gen survivors. 99% of the time.

    • Whenever you face Legion, your teammates have Self Care and will proceed to use said perk in the corner.
    • Whenever I play Spirit, I face SWF. (This one used to be true for me but doesn't happen much anymore, used to happen basically every game, it's how I improved so fast with her.)
    • All Myers/Trappers love Kates. Seriously, I'm always getting tunnelled against these killers, I hate and love it.
    • Whenever you take off DS, you get tunnelled for the next game.
    • Whenever you take off STBFL, you get put against a SWF who LOVE to take hits.
    • Whenever you take off Spine chill, you face Ghostface or Wraith.
  • @Orion said:

    Not superstitious either, these are all entirely based on confirmation bias.

    • Whatever BP offering you put up, the game will work out in such a way that it becomes the worst scoring category for you. If you put up an Objective offering as survivor, for example, you won't get any generators done (maybe you'll be on a hook for most of the trial or just get chased for a long time).
    • Whatever killer you play, you'll get the worst possible map for them (for example, Nurse and any Coldwind Farm map).
    • If you burn a Memento Mori, you'll be placed against survivors who demonstrate that the game is indeed survivor-sided.
    • If the killer burns a Memento Mori, all your teammates will be instantly replaced by their younger siblings who just learned how to pick up a spoon.

    The BP thing is too real.

    • Survival - Guaranteed death
    • Boldness - Killer refuses to chase you, can only find broken bones
    • Altruism - No one allows you to heal them, would rather do gens. Everyone beats you to unhook.
    • Objective - Killer tunnels you / you're the only one going for unhooks.
    • Bloody Party Streamer - Mori/tunneled out of the game, 4000 bloodpoints at most.
  • I always use Survival Offerings right away for that reason. They're the biggest gamble of the bunch.

    My own superstition is that if I start the first gen I see when the game starts, it's a guarantee I'll be the first one found.

  • Not sure if it counts but after coming back and playing legion I noticed that their pallet vaulting animation felt a lot more clunky, like there is an annoying brief pause after you vault a pallet that was not there before.

  • Make a build specifically geared toward saving other survivors - team is SUPER aulturistic rendering it effectively useless. Go back to my regular build? Nobody wants to ######### play aulturistic and crouches in a corner and it is up to me to go save the hooked survivor -.-

  • Every time I consider running a mori but don't it's always an absolute nightmare of a match. Every time.

  • Whenever I pick Trapper, Mathew Cote himself codes the game so I get an in-door map every time.

  • When I'm gonna bring BPS I'm gonna be face camped then tunneled and killed with 3k points

  • When I see an Object, I will lose horribly UNLESS I ignore the Object until they're the last survivor. I know this sounds counter intuitive and insane, but its worked every- single- time.