Need to grind like hell for perks

i'm level 68, and I barely have good global perks. I have very few.

I just hate the amount of grinding, usually I fixate on one killer throughout many matches.

Anyone else like that? And I'm a purple killer, yellow survivor.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Yep, everyone hates the grind, but it is what keeps us playing the game.

    I've just finished levelling up my Pig to Prestige 3-50.

    She's my fourth character I've Prestiged to Prestige 3 (not Maxed out). Want to know how many hours I have in the game?

    2020-05-30 19_04_53-Steam.png


  • Sometimes I've got all the way to level 50 without Self Care or even Inner Strength.

    I'm not saying they're essential in ever Survivor build, but it's nice to have one of the healing perks handy.

  • Got all perks on four characters rn. I'm just grindin man.

  • This might help a little, level up leatherface for bbq and level up David for we are gonna live forever, imagine how I feel, I just switched platform and have to redo everything lol

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Sometimes I've got all the way to level 50 without Self Care or even Inner Strength.

    I'm not saying they're essential in ever Survivor build, but it's nice to have one of the healing perks handy.

    Yeesh, that's unlucky. I've had 1 survivor turn out that way, think it was Quentin.

    At this point I've got 1 survivor left to level to 40+, and only 1 killer to 40. Trying to be as optimal as possible so I can get at least 1 survivor and 1 killer maxed out before I think of doing it to any others. That's taken me 324 hours.

    It's like... I'm not mad about the grind, but there are ways BHVR could shorten it a bit. Removing tiers. Upping survivor gains some how. Making "We're Gonna Live Forever" a little more worth wild to take. So on and so forth. It's gonna be a good while before I have that Prestige 3 survivor with all the perks, and even longer for killer. The only reason I put killer off for so long was so I could have at least one half of the game completely unlocked.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315553#Comment_1315553

    Yeesh, that's unlucky. I've had 1 survivor turn out that way, think it was Quentin.

    At this point I've got 1 survivor left to level to 40+, and only 1 killer to 40. Trying to be as optimal as possible so I can get at least 1 survivor and 1 killer maxed out before I think of doing it to any others. That's taken me 324 hours.

    It's like... I'm not mad about the grind, but there are ways BHVR could shorten it a bit. Removing tiers. Upping survivor gains some how. Making "We're Gonna Live Forever" a little more worth wild to take. So on and so forth. It's gonna be a good while before I have that Prestige 3 survivor with all the perks, and even longer for killer. The only reason I put killer off for so long was so I could have at least one half of the game completely unlocked.

    You might want to start playing Killer more often because Survivor has more perks, meaning you have to grind much more to get every single perk in the game for a single Survivor.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315569#Comment_1315569

    You might want to start playing Killer more often because Survivor has more perks, meaning you have to grind much more to get every single perk in the game for a single Survivor.

    I play survivor more because I got this game for my husband and I. So, it made more sense for me to focus on the side where we could actually play together. And besides, I'm getting close now to being able to prestige one!

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315553#Comment_1315553

    Yeesh, that's unlucky. I've had 1 survivor turn out that way, think it was Quentin.

    At this point I've got 1 survivor left to level to 40+, and only 1 killer to 40. Trying to be as optimal as possible so I can get at least 1 survivor and 1 killer maxed out before I think of doing it to any others. That's taken me 324 hours.

    It's like... I'm not mad about the grind, but there are ways BHVR could shorten it a bit. Removing tiers. Upping survivor gains some how. Making "We're Gonna Live Forever" a little more worth wild to take. So on and so forth. It's gonna be a good while before I have that Prestige 3 survivor with all the perks, and even longer for killer. The only reason I put killer off for so long was so I could have at least one half of the game completely unlocked.

    Funny you bring up we're gonna live forever. They are going to add a secondary effect to that soon. What sort of secondary effect? No idea. Yet it will get one soon.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315574#Comment_1315574

    I play survivor more because I got this game for my husband and I. So, it made more sense for me to focus on the side where we could actually play together. And besides, I'm getting close now to being able to prestige one!

    Good luck with that! Getting a single character to maxed out Prestige/Perks is going to be quite the BP Dump. I would know, I did the math on it.

    @DelsKibara said:

    https://i2.wp.com/nerdlodge.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/killerbloodpointsdbd.png?fit=1920%2C1080&ssl=1

    We all know Dead by Daylight is known for it's Grind. It's what keeps us playing the game, it's what keeps us going through the same loops over and over again and it's why we love to play this game getting as much points as we possibly can for every single match. It's why farm games exists and why (some) people love it when they pop up because it gives them a chance to get a ton of guaranteed bloodpoints for everyone involved in the match.

    With that said, I think The Massive Grind is going to become a real issue real soon. Especially with new players who are just joining the game and started playing.

    I calculated the amount of Bloodpoints needed to get every single character to Prestige 3, Level 50 with all Perks obtained. Prepare to see some huge numbers.

    Since I want to talk about new players specifically, I'll focus on the one thing most new players will most likely do when they first start playing the game. Get as much teachables as they can as soon as possible. Because they want to have fun builds, they want to be able to survive against Killers or Survivors who have (arguably) better perks than them. So let's just assume this New Player wants to grind for every teachable in the game. First they would need to level every Character to Level 40 at a minimum.

    It takes a minimum of around 1,250,000 Bloodpoints to get a single character to Level 40. Let's then multiply that with every character that is currently in DBD, there are currently 21 Survivors and 19 Killers. Bringing the number to a total of 40 Characters to level up to Level 40. Which brings the amount of Bloodpoints you need to 50 Million Bloodpoints. If you show this to a new player, they would find this to be incredibly daunting and tedious.

    But I hear you asking, "Kibara! Not every one of those characters has perks that are worth to grab!" And you would be right. So let's just remove the characters whose entire perk deck are not in the current meta, very situational or are just not worth to grab in general (Bolded Perks are up for debate on whether or not they are worth getting):

    • Ace Visconti (Up the Ante, Open Handed, Ace in the Hole)
    • Quentin Smith (Wake Up!, Vigil, Pharmacy)
    • Jeff Johansen (Distortion, Aftercare, Breakdown)
    • Ash Williams (Mettle of Man, Buckle Up, Flip Flop)
    • Steve Harrington (Babysitter, Camaraderie, Second Wind)
    • Zarina Kassir (Red Herring, Off the Record, For the People!)
    • The Huntress (Beast of Prey, Territorial Imperative, Hex: Huntress Lullaby)
    • The Demogorgon (Surge, Mindbreaker, Cruel Limits)
    • The Oni (Zanshin Tactics, Blood Echo, Nemesis)
    • The Deathslinger (Gearhead, Dead Man's Switch, Hex: Retribution)

    And with that, we eliminated 10 (at least in my opinion) characters that you don't need to grind for because their perks are (arguably) not worth to grind for. That still leaves us with 30 characters whose perks are definitely worth grinding for though. Not only do these 30 characters have useful perks, some of them are downright powerful that you would be nuts to not get as soon as possible.

    You would be nuts to not go for Dead Hard or BBQ & Chili from the start of your DBD Career, because these perks really REALLY help out a lot in escaping, chasing, detecting or even giving you free Bloodpoints.

    Now that we have that sorted out, how much BP do we have to spend now?

    37,500,000.

    That is STILL A LOT of Bloodpoints. And to any new players, if they saw this number they would find that incredibly discouraging. Because they see the cap is 1 Million Bloodpoints, so they would think 1 Million is a lot of Bloodpoints.

    Oho, but we're not yet done with the Grind Train yet, my friends. It gets even more exponentially expensive. It's like playing an Idle Game except you need to always be active to gain cash.

    Let's assume those new players become regular players, and they want to fully prestige their characters. They see those bloody outfits and they want their own characters to look like that. Well, if they want to fully Prestige their characters with level 50 on all of them, lets do the math again then, shall we?

    To get a Level 1 Character to Level 50, you need roughly around 1,750,000 Bloodpoints. To get A SINGLE CHARACTER to Prestige 3-50, you need to multiply that number 4 times. Meaning the grand total amount, the MINIMUM amount you need to spend on a single character to fully max out their levels is 7,000,000 Bloodpoints.

    Yikes! That's already around 1/6th of the amount of Bloodpoints required to gain every teachable that is worth it in the game.

    And of course, per our formula, we need to then multiply that number by 40 (assuming they want to prestige every single character in the game to it's max level). After that, we get a grand total of 280,000,000 Bloodpoints to max out every single character is this damn game.

    That is a ridiculously large amount of Bloodpoints. I've played for 1.5k Hours in this game and I've only accumulated around 100,000,000 Bloodpoints myself. But hey, you can argue that it needs to be that expensive because Prestiging a character is Optional. You don't have to do it, which is why it's so expensive, it shows you're willing to put more time into the game. And I get that, it is meant to be more of a reward system for loyal players rather than an actual grind you have to overcome.

    But what if you want to experiment with Perk Builds? Something that is a part of the game, and arguably, half the fun of Dead by Daylight to some people (myself included).

    You would obviously need every single perk in the game to be able to actually experiment with the perks you want to play with. And here is where the massive numbers come in.

    It takes roughly around 35 Million Bloodpoints to get every single perk in the game, and that is already close to the minimum we need to get for every single TEACHABLE that is worth to grab from the various characters in DBD. Reduce the number you need for Level 50, and you still need 33,250,000 Bloodpoints. (Keep in mind, I am assuming this character is Prestige 3, which means they already need to spend 5,250,000 Bloodpoints already on a single character.)

    Arguably, you can be conservative and say that since every Survivor plays the same. You only need to get it for one Survivor and you'll be able to play with every perk in the game as much as you fancy.

    But what if you play Killer?

    Every killer plays differently, meaning not every build will work for every single one of them. You may need to mix-and-match separate perks to see what works well for you for that particular killer. So, you might end up grinding Bloodpoints to earn every single perk in the game, for every single Killer in the game if you don't have a single main you always play as.

    Meaning, once again, we take the number 38,500,000 Bloodpoints (Assuming they start from Level 1), and we multiply that by 19.... And we get...

    731,500,000 Bloodpoints.

    And that is the best case scenario, that is assuming the Bloodweb doesn't screw you over by eating up multiple perks at once which has happened to me loads of times when I was maxing out Spirit. That is still a ridiculously huge amount of Bloodpoints, especially for Killers.

    Now, if we add up every single Survivor as well, that number skyrockets to...

    1,540,000,000 Bloodpoints.

    Seeing this number and doing the math makes me think that perks like BBQ and WGLF are sometimes Mandatory because of how ridiculous this grind can be.

    This reminds me a lot of PAYDAY 2 prior to them adding the Crime Spree mechanic. You needed to grind hours upon upon of XP to get to Infamy-XXV and you get diminishing returns because doing the best heist in the game for XP over and over again will incur you an XP penalty. It was brutal and unforgiving.

    With Crime Spree, yeah the heists became harder but the rewards became much more worth it, it became much more rewarding and the time spent to grind greatly diminished making it easier to grind for Infamy-XXV.

    But DBD has nothing like that, With BBQ you'd be lucky if you got 64,000 Bloodpoints in a single match. I just cannot fathom how someone, especially DBD Content Creators, could spend that much hours, that many matches of the same game to max out every character in the game to it's fullest potential. It must be a huge feeling of relief when you finally reach there.

    After doing the math, I really hope BHVR takes a look at BP gains, or at least the Bloodweb Mechanic. Because right now DBD is incredibly hostile to new players, and it's driving people away more than it encourages them to stay because of that looming grind over their heads. And I think it would be better for the game, and the playerbase as a whole, if the grind was not this huge.

    That's all I have to say regarding the Grind in Dead by Daylight.

    Thank you for coming to yet another one of my TED Talks, it is now 6 AM and I have not slept.

    It will take several days, or even weeks to get one character to Prestige 3-50, not even maxing them out. Especially on the Survivor side since, again, they do have more perks and their BP gain is much lower to Killers.

    381210_20200530192454_1 - Copy.png 381210_20200530192525_1 - Copy.png


  • @Ghostwithaface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315569#Comment_1315569

    Funny you bring up we're gonna live forever. They are going to add a secondary effect to that soon. What sort of secondary effect? No idea. Yet it will get one soon.

    crosses fingers it's a goodie

  • 1500 hours and I am nowhere near complete most killers are p3 now working on survivors

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315578#Comment_1315578

    Good luck with that! Getting a single character to maxed out Prestige/Perks is going to be quite the BP Dump. I would know, I did the math on it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/152639/the-massive-grind

    It will take several days, or even weeks to get one character to Prestige 3-50, not even maxing them out. Especially on the Survivor side since, again, they do have more perks and their BP gain is much lower to Killers.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IRA06SOPVT7Q/381210-20200530192454-1-copy.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7BMGFHAXQH5N/381210-20200530192525-1-copy.png

    Yup I was apart of that discussion at one point! It's still daunting, lol. I mean, I've spent since Feb getting this far though, so I'll just have to be patient and try not to focus on it. They really should do something about the grind however, because it's only going to get worse with each new chapter, and it already deters some potential players.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315587#Comment_1315587

    Yup I was apart of that discussion at one point! It's still daunting, lol. I mean, I've spent since Feb getting this far though, so I'll just have to be patient and try not to focus on it. They really should do something about the grind however, because it's only going to get worse with each new chapter, and it already deters some potential players.

    Considering 95% of the perks in the game are junk, and survivors are essentially skins, I don't know why people insist on having every perk on every character.

    Stock david king / bill already come with almost the best survivor builds in the game.

    You can have full meta builds with 2-3 characters to 40 on both sides.

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315596#Comment_1315596

    Considering 95% of the perks in the game are junk, and survivors are essentially skins, I don't know why people insist on having every perk on every character.

    Stock david king / bill already come with almost the best survivor builds in the game.

    You can have full meta builds with 2-3 characters to 40 on both sides.

    True, prestiging one and having all the perks is more than enough. I want to be able to mix and match builds, play around with anything I want on a whim, and so forth. I've rarely run meta builds yet, because either the character I'm leveling doesn't have them (I try to use up the yellow-green offerings then move on to the next) or I like to experiment with what I got. Still managed to get to rank 3, for whatever that means. Fun just outweighs it for me though.

    So I'm not sure if I'll ever prestige again after the intial survivor and then killer, but... What else is there to do with those points once you've unlocked everything? And nada wrong with feeling a sense of achievement from doing it, either.

  • Call me stupid if this is common knowledge, but I only stumbled upon it the other day, but if you missed any of the previous Tomes, you can go back and complete the challenges for the bonus blood points, might help with the grind.

  • it was worse in the past, there wasn't any daylies and the archives to give you more BP, also the bloodweebs was more expensive and you could only pick 1 perk per lvl. Im telling you this because DBD is not a game where you can get everything in 100 hours.. Its a game that can give you hundreds and thousands of hours, and even more if you prestige.

    If you want to have fun take it slow and don't try to rush because it's a very long trail to get everything.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    This might help a little, level up leatherface for bbq and level up David for we are gonna live forever, imagine how I feel, I just switched platform and have to redo everything lol

    Cross progression is coming, if waitings an option maybe you should

  • @killde said:

    i'm level 68, and I barely have good global perks. I have very few.

    I just hate the amount of grinding, usually I fixate on one killer throughout many matches.

    Anyone else like that? And I'm a purple killer, yellow survivor.

    Bhvr needs to rework the whole perk/item cost/bp situation. With the massive amount of survivors and killers in the game now, the grind has become daunting to newer players. There are a lot of good suggestions posted regarding how to fix it. I feel ya

  • Almost 400 hours and I've only p3-50 the doctor. I still have Deathslinger, Demogorgon, and Freddy to get to lvl 40 and Steve, Nancy, Quentin, Jeff, Zarina, and Ace left to get to lvl 40 all while getting every perk in Nea because imo after getting doc to p3-50 and doing one prestige on a couple other killers and Survivors prestige is pointless

  • My grind is over but i still play the game, dont worry about perks and points, just enjoy the game and have fun

  • The blood web design honestly makes it feel more grindy than even World of Warcraft. So many bonus rolls and still not getting the actual gear I want. 😄

  • @Ghostwithaface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315569#Comment_1315569

    Funny you bring up we're gonna live forever. They are going to add a secondary effect to that soon. What sort of secondary effect? No idea. Yet it will get one soon.

    Where was this confirmed? I must have missed it.

  • @killde said:

    i'm level 68, and I barely have good global perks. I have very few.

    I just hate the amount of grinding, usually I fixate on one killer throughout many matches.

    Anyone else like that? And I'm a purple killer, yellow survivor.

    Depends, just focus on just having 1 survivor being loaded out with all the perks so you wont have to spend too many bloodpoints kitting out other survivors and only focus on the teachables you want first(if there are multiple teachables on 1 character, go for that one first, even though Dead Hard from David might be a very good single perk, but having Inner Strength and Fixated from Nancy has more reliability). I got 1 survivor kitted out to p3(prestiged it in the beta days, when the only skins you could get were prestige skins) and have all the perks available on that character. I have someone like Kate at level 41 with terrible perks, so I never play her, yet, because its not worth dumping BP into her untill I unlocked all the perks. The only reason I'd say to avoid kitting out every single survivor is that one day, you'll have all the perks on every character and then that prestige option gets very tempting. So try to avoid maxing out characters unless you are 100% certain you never want to prestige.

    So in short, you would want 1 survivor kitted out completely, and the rest just level 40 to unlock all teachables.

    Then all the remainder of your BP should go into killers you think you will enjoy playing and leveling the rest to 40. Since Killer is a more diverse role by default, that means you're gonna have at least 2 people you want fully kitted out. So focus the majority of your BP into leveling killers.

    Then, make sure to check out the shrine of secrets weekly, its fairly easy to get 6000 iridescent shards per week, so that means at least 3 perks you wont need to level a character for(saving BP) and if they are all perks you already own, you can convert shards into BP, which is a smart thing to do, unless you want to use the shards to unlock characters and skins.

    @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315578#Comment_1315578

    Good luck with that! Getting a single character to maxed out Prestige/Perks is going to be quite the BP Dump. I would know, I did the math on it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/152639/the-massive-grind

    It will take several days, or even weeks to get one character to Prestige 3-50, not even maxing them out. Especially on the Survivor side since, again, they do have more perks and their BP gain is much lower to Killers.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/IRA06SOPVT7Q/381210-20200530192454-1-copy.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7BMGFHAXQH5N/381210-20200530192525-1-copy.png

    It's not that much. If you use the Entity in your favour, you can level up a character from level 1 to level 50 with 1.7 million bloodpoints easily(I've leveled up Claudette from 1 to 50 with about 1.2 million BP because I dont care about what she does and doesnt own, I only care for the prestige). Which, using BBQ on killers, is about 27 games. Ofcourse this will include ignoring purple perks as much as possible, which is fine if you just want to unlock the teachables. Then you can also focus on prestiging the character first fully(which is what I did with my prestiged survivors), only going for the cheapest possible way of leveling up. So if you only care about prestiging, that's about 3500 killer games total(including the Silent Hill DLC) using only BBQ. Including Survivor Pudding/BPS that drops it to 2250 killer games(assuming you have one of them at least every 4 games). Having some random BPS from survivors every 10 games(averaging 0.2 bps per game) drops it to 2000 killer games. But for every 580 games you play, you earn about 26000 iridescent shards, which can be turned into 2 million bloodpoints, reducing the amount of games needed even more. Meaning you, in total, need to play about 1250 killer games to get every single character p3.

    Then comes the grind of actually getting all the perks, which is probably gonna cost you about 4-5 million bps per killer, which is roughly double the amount you already invested. Which still is "only" 2500 killer games. Considering the average game lasts about 7 minutes(its actually 8-ish, but its easier for the maths) and the average queue time for killers is about 3 minutes(at least, in my experience), that allows for 6 games per hour, which means that in 420 hours, you should be able to have all characters maxed out, not accounting for time being AFK.

    Now, the issue is ofcourse that offerings cost BP to get and you need to refresh your blood page to get new offerings and addons. So that is going to crank up the time a bit. But all things considered, if played smartly, it isnt thát much of a grind. Like I said, the biggest problem is actually ignoring a perk if there are cheaper options available. Getting 2 perks for 6000 bp each would be a dumb move if you have 2 brown offerings/addons worth 3000 bps each and you're focussing on prestiging. Doing that for 10 levels in a row would already save you 60k bloodpoints alone. Let alone that you'd essentially have to ignore all pink and purple icons as much as possible. Spending 6-7k when you could be spending 3-4k is just a dumb move. You're getting your first pink icons around level 15, and if we assume 1 pink icon per bloodweb, that's 105k bloodpoints saved at the very least. If you can somehow avoid all green icons too, the total amount of bloodpoints you can theoretically shave off that 1.7 million total is about 500k, especially if you constantly use the entity to block out as much as possible whenever you can allow it.

  • Ya the grind is an absolute nightmare. Trust me, even when you pass lvl 100 you won't feel any better about your perk availability. Probably still be frustrated at double that. It's cancer.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315561#Comment_1315561

    Cross progression is coming, if waitings an option maybe you should

    Crossplay is coming, cross progression not yet, that is what the devs said meaning they have to talk with sony, nintendo etc in order to add crossprogression