So will legendary skins change gender and race?

Will/do you think legendary skins will change gender and race? If so then I wouldn't mind paying a lot of money for a James Sunderland or coach skin

Comments

  • A James Sunderland Legendary would be a very buyable skin for me and I would think many fans of the Silent Hill franchise.

  • Hopefully they do so we can get outfits like Jigsaw for Pig and James like you said.


    I'd also like the pointed pyramid head head (Homecoming/Movie version) but idk if that would need to be legendary or not.

  • I see only a problem with gender and that depends on the voice.. will legendary skin get their own voices or will there be one generic male and one generic female voice or will they always use the voice of the original survivor?

    race isn’t a matter at all.

  • Yeah the only problem would be the voice. They didn't use separate actors for the Legion so I'm not sure if they're willing to do the voice work for all the legendary skins. I kind of doubt it but I could be wrong.

  • I don't see why not. Same with the new voice/grunts questions.

    Honestly it seems like a waste of the concept if they didn't - what's the point of adding a completely new outfit type to let you change the character if all it means is that you're just going to give them a different face?

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    I don't see why not. Same with the new voice/grunts questions.

    Honestly it seems like a waste of the concept if they didn't - what's the point of adding a completely new outfit type to let you change the character if all it means is that you're just going to give them a different face?

    Yeah kind of agree. However, with all the voice work that they need to put in, I just don't know if that's something they're willing to do considering the potential amount of legendary skins we could get.

    If they didn't do it for Legion, I can't really see them doing it here. I could be wrong though. I guess we'll find out in 3 weeks with Lisa.

  • Why is race a question???

  • Race yes, gender unknown.

    It depends if we have straight skins or brand new models with unique stances and voices.

    We'll have to see.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313302#Comment_1313302

    Yeah kind of agree. However, with all the voice work that they need to put in, I just don't know if that's something they're willing to do considering the potential amount of legendary skins we could get.

    If they didn't do it for Legion, I can't really see them doing it here. I could be wrong though. I guess we'll find out in 3 weeks with Lisa.

    That's just the devs engaging in their favorite pastime; hating on Legion. /s

    Lisa will definitely get a unique voice, I'm calling it.

    I mean, they insource almost all their voice acting AFAIK (only Ash (and maybe Huntress with her humming) comes to mind as having any outsourced VA).

  • The game already has legendary skins inside of it. People have mentioned Legion and that's exactly what Legion is: a collection of legendary skins. I would expect the 3 additional models of Legion to be the basis of what you can expect for other legendary skins.

  • @Dehitay said:

    The game already has legendary skins inside of it. People have mentioned Legion and that's exactly what Legion is: a collection of legendary skins. I would expect the 3 additional models of Legion to be the basis of what you can expect for other legendary skins.

    Except I'm sure legendary skins will cost more then very rare ones and will be AC only. I'm calling it now.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Why is race a question???

    Why not? So far we have one example. A white woman becomes another white woman. It's a fair question to ask.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313318#Comment_1313318

    Why not? So far we have one example. A white woman becomes another white woman. It's a fair question to ask.

    Ehh I don't agree. Gender makes sense depending on what they do for the voice but race? Why would that matter?

    "Oh the base character is white so we can't have any other ethnicities in their place" Um what? What sense does that make? I would even argue the voice acting aspect wouldn't matter as long as it's the same gender. I mean Claudette is voiced by a white woman and Meg a black woman so...

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313378#Comment_1313378

    Ehh I don't agree. Gender makes sense depending on what they do for the voice but race? Why would that matter?

    "Oh the base character is white so we can't have any other ethnicities in their place" Um what? What sense does that make? I would even argue the voice acting aspect wouldn't matter as long as it's the same gender. I mean Claudette is voiced by a white woman and Meg a black woman so...

    Agreed. Race has absolutely no influence over Legendary Skins. Gender may.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313378#Comment_1313378

    Ehh I don't agree. Gender makes sense depending on what they do for the voice but race? Why would that matter?

    "Oh the base character is white so we can't have any other ethnicities in their place" Um what? What sense does that make? I would even argue the voice acting aspect wouldn't matter as long as it's the same gender. I mean Claudette is voiced by a white woman and Meg a black woman so...

    There's nothing wrong with asking the question so there's no need to call someone out for doing so.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313328#Comment_1313328

    Except I'm sure legendary skins will cost more then very rare ones and will be AC only. I'm calling it now.

    Seeing as they are intended for licensed characters it's kinda obvious they'll be AC only. I hope the pricing stays the same though as you can't mix the legendaries with other outfits like you can with every other existing cosmetic. Then again, if they have their own voices maybe the price will be higher.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313395#Comment_1313395

    There's nothing wrong with asking the question so there's no need to call someone out for doing so.

    I didn't call anybody out. I'm just agreeing that it's a rather odd question.

  • @MojoTheFabulous said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313366#Comment_1313366

    Seeing as they are intended for licensed characters it's kinda obvious they'll be AC only. I hope the pricing stays the same though as you can't mix the legendaries with other outfits like you can with every other existing cosmetic. Then again, if they have their own voices maybe the price will be higher.

    I just said AC only as it's not 100% confirmed to only be for licensed characters. I believe it will be, but there are already tons of people asking for legendary outfits for original characters.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313408#Comment_1313408

    I didn't call anybody out. I'm just agreeing that it's a rather odd question.

    And my original comment wasn't directed to you.

  • @Mooks said:

    I see only a problem with gender and that depends on the voice.. will legendary skin get their own voices or will their be one generic male and one generic female voice or will they always use the voice of the original survivor?

    race isn’t a matter at all.

    If you look at Legion as a template of the possibility... Could do either.

  • This is a public forum. If you only wanted a response from them, then you can post the message on their wall.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313417#Comment_1313417

    This is a public forum. If you only wanted a response from them, then you can post the message on their wall.

    My point was I didn't say YOU called anybody out. But thanks for the condescending tip.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313430#Comment_1313430

    My point was I didn't say YOU called anybody out. But thanks for the condescending tip.

    I wasn't being condescending at all. It seemed like it was more a direct statement as opposed to an overall one.

    I don't have problems with people asking questions. I'm just going to state weather I agree with them or not. I was not at all trying to be "superior" with my statements, nor do I think you were.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    I don't see why not. Same with the new voice/grunts questions.

    Honestly it seems like a waste of the concept if they didn't - what's the point of adding a completely new outfit type to let you change the character if all it means is that you're just going to give them a different face?

    This,also,they re gonna be a bit more expensive than usual,so, they deserve to have unique VO,i would buy Legendary Skins If They all going to have Different Voices Imo

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313439#Comment_1313439

    I wasn't being condescending at all. It seemed like it was more a direct statement as opposed to an overall one.

    I don't have problems with people asking questions. I'm just going to state weather I agree with them or not. I was not at all trying to be "superior" with my statements, nor do I think you were.

    My bad. I’m a bitter old man.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313310#Comment_1313310

    That's just the devs engaging in their favorite pastime; hating on Legion. /s

    Lisa will definitely get a unique voice, I'm calling it.

    I mean, they insource almost all their voice acting AFAIK (only Ash (and maybe Huntress with her humming) comes to mind as having any outsourced VA).

    The devs hatin on legion Lol,poor Susie And Joey That They didnt Get Their Own VO

  • Forget race, but gender could go either way.

    Could Sam Loomis really be an alternative for Laurie?

    As several have pointed out, there is a male and female Legion with separate voices and stances. The other 2 members, available via extra attires, are simply just skins.

    So we'll have to see.

  • I think we have a high chance of getting characters that play a large part in original characters stories, I think this could be gender swaps / race swaps if it made sense.

  • I hope we get something like Steve into Billy. If Billy was in this game, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the skin for him.