Where's the news about Sound issues?
I mean, new graphics are great. New Matchmaking is great. Early game changes are great...
But we're still suffering from myriads of sound issues that rarely seem to be addressed as concerns or issues that are being looked into.
There are cases where a survivor's breathing or footsteps should be audible but are not. Dying survivors seem to still be mute as well.
Sound is arguably the single most important tool a killer has.. why isn't it more of a priority for fixing or adjustment?
Comments
I can hear the killer breathing from the other side of the jungle gym through the chase music, but I can't hear injured running survivors with no Iron WIll directly infront of my face.
At this point, I am convinved its a feature now.
Sounds like selective hearing to me.
Every since they increased the killer's breathing volume, Myers physically can't sneak up on me anymore. Its not selective hearing.
The "dying surv muted" sound bug is now how long in the game? Must be months again.
I have no problems hearing breathing or footsteps tho... if i'm not in a chase (LoL), because the music is way to loud again or the other sounds are too low, i don't even know anymore. Guess we can just hope for the next engine update, these changes were always big in the past.
But as always here's my upvote because killer sounds are more important then any perk.
Is the volume increase only for Myers or can you hear all killers?
As a Spirit main I can second this! Spirit is one of the killer's that has to heavily rely on sounds and I feel that chase music literally drown's survivor's sounds out whenever I go into phasing. What's even worse about it that I was in a match on Disturbed Ward inside the building. I had slugged a Jake and left him there to go kick a gen. The gen was only at 20% and I knocked it back down to 0% with PGTW. When I turned around to go pick up Jake who was literally 5 feet from the door way I couldn't hear his crying. When I went through the door way I heard him crying loud as could be. I don't know if you've ever noticed SC, but almost every update something breaks about sounds.
It honestly seems like a "feature" at this point. Scratch marks have been growing steadily unreliable as a tracking tool, the Devs genuinely seem to think that the hemorrhage status effect is a good tracking tool, and sounds all but disappeared in a chase (for killers only, as survivor I hear just fine, the killers footsteps are loud and clear). It's been so long since I've been able to hear a survivor looping me that I will have to relearn the skill if sounds ever get fixed, and on top of that they randomly don't work even when you aren't in a chase.
Most killers are. For some killers it barely got louder for me, like Bubba, or Freddy. But most killers, including Myers, Nurse, Pig, Hag, Trapper, Wraith (even cloaked now), Billy, Clown, Spirit, and Legion, are breathing so loud now I can hear them through chase music, and a generator at 99% through a Jungle Gym. Its actually not even fun anymore.
I agree with you, aside from one thing though: Hemorrhage is actually great for tracking lol, the longer bloodstains and the increased blood trails make it lowkey good, especially when they try to locker juke you.
I can hear billy more now, either that or I just never noticed before. His breathing is effing weird ๐
I genuinely disagree. Bloodstains are fine as they are. Hemorrhage doesn't give you anything you don't already have and shouldn't be considered the magical super power the Devs seem to treat it as. If the status effect was removed from the game tomorrow, nothing would change.
Eh, I find it very useful (increased duration). Guess we disagree on that. :3
Yeah,why isnt the Hook Screams still not fixed? Xd
I might play with Sloppy and Bloodhound for fun later.
It's how I learned how to track survivors when I first started out :)
Same lol, had it as a build for my bro once (he loved Wraith) he did super well as it. It's just a fun combo for new players, and Sloppy slows healing down now, so it's very versatile!