Well, let's bee honest. Outside of the US, Candyman is basically unknown. The only reason I know of him is through Dead Meat's Kill Count series on Youtube.
Well, let's bee honest. Outside of the US, Candyman is basically unknown. The only reason I know of him is through Dead Meat's Kill Count series on Youtube.
I've seen people say that...although interestingly enough Candyman is a story from Books Of Blood, written by popular English author Clive Barker (Hellraiser, Nightbreed etc).
I'm English, saw the original Candyman on VHS release and I can confirm Candyman is well-known over here.
Candyman will definitely be more exposed to the current generation and modern audience when the reboot is released later this year.
I've seen people say that...although interestingly enough Candyman is a story from Books Of Blood, written by popular English author Clive Barker (Hellraiser, Nightbreed etc).
I'm English, saw the original Candyman on VHS release and I can confirm Candyman is well-known over here.
Candyman will definitely be more exposed to the current generation and modern audience when the reboot is released later this year.
As an English person nobody I know knows him. Probably based on location lol
I've seen people say that...although interestingly enough Candyman is a story from Books Of Blood, written by popular English author Clive Barker (Hellraiser, Nightbreed etc).
I'm English, saw the original Candyman on VHS release and I can confirm Candyman is well-known over here.
Candyman will definitely be more exposed to the current generation and modern audience when the reboot is released later this year.
Yeah, nah mate.
Never heard of him in Oz. But then again I could go on about Mick Taylor and nobody would have a clue.
Could be an age thing. He was popular about 25+ years ago when I was a nipper.
But what with the reboot being made by the guy who did Get Out and Us, it's almost certain to get good exposure.
We could even get the new version as a chapter.
Oh I don't doubt, when the new version comes out it should be proper popular again. Right now though he's not all too hyped around where I live/who I know, which is kinda a shame.
We only know the kid-friendly version of Bloody Mary lmao
Oh I don't doubt, when the new version comes out it should be proper popular again. Right now though he's not all too hyped around where I live/who I know, which is kinda a shame.
We only know the kid-friendly version of Bloody Mary lmao
I think to a certain extent it's like Hellraiser/Pinhead. Avid horror fans know the films and there is a good following, but the younger generation may not be so familiar.
I remember last week watching some prediction videos on Pinhead, and the YouTuber mentioning that they had never seen Hellraiser and wasn't familiar with the Pinhead character. I was shocked...but I am a bit older so I just have a different appreciation for the older films.
Definitely no one I'm friends with knew who Candyman was. I only heard of him in Paulies videos and the trailer for the new movie. However a few people I've talked to (not all) know of Silent Hill.
When you see that this announcement went trending on twitter it just shows they made the right choice. I know a few fans of Silent Hill who messaged me saying they'll definitely watch the ptb stuff and maybe get the game because of this.
I wasn't excited for it to be candyman and i'm even less excited about geometry face. I at least know who candyman is. I never played the silent hill games, was more of a RE fan. I tried watching the silent hill movie last night and it was god awful. I personally am just let down from all the hype.
Well, let's bee honest. Outside of the US, Candyman is basically unknown. The only reason I know of him is through Dead Meat's Kill Count series on Youtube.
This, it didnt even release in my country. Only avid horror fans know about him here.
Well, at least there is no one as salty to make a post about how disappointed he is that it turned out to be Silent Hill instead of Candyman. (But here we are in a thread that could be interpreted as the exact opposite to that...)
I agree, Candyman was not fitting for an anniversary announcement, and Silent Hill is a superb choice, still think he will join the roster later though.
Plus I would have never thought that the „the 4 is shaped like Pyramidhead‘s head“ was a valid clue XD
Candyman, or anything Clive Barker, was HUGE here in Australia during the 80’s and 90’s
......... I was born in '96.
And the one who got me into horror, my mum of all people, never heard of him either. That being said, I am highly familiar with what people would consider the "classics" and I have also met John Jarret (Mick Taylor) in person. Top bloke.
I wasn't excited for it to be candyman and i'm even less excited about geometry face. I at least know who candyman is. I never played the silent hill games, was more of a RE fan. I tried watching the silent hill movie last night and it was god awful. I personally am just let down from all the hype.
It's the first 3 games you want to play/watch, not the movies.
Candyman was a great film, but I don't want to see him in DbD. I don't think he translates well. I like the direction they went and would love to see more video game killers. Maybe we can get some Resident Evil or Dead Space in the future.
Well, let's bee honest. Outside of the US, Candyman is basically unknown. The only reason I know of him is through Dead Meat's Kill Count series on Youtube.
I am from Germany aswell and i remember seeing all the Candyman movies in TV many years ago, they are classics and arent as popular anymore.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Maybe later in the year when the film's being released and promotion is welcome.
Everyone wins 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝
Well, let's bee honest. Outside of the US, Candyman is basically unknown. The only reason I know of him is through Dead Meat's Kill Count series on Youtube.
I am from germany and never heard of candyman before.
But i am happy we got a silent hill chapter!
I've seen people say that...although interestingly enough Candyman is a story from Books Of Blood, written by popular English author Clive Barker (Hellraiser, Nightbreed etc).
I'm English, saw the original Candyman on VHS release and I can confirm Candyman is well-known over here.
Candyman will definitely be more exposed to the current generation and modern audience when the reboot is released later this year.
As an English person nobody I know knows him. Probably based on location lol
Yeah, nah mate.
Never heard of him in Oz. But then again I could go on about Mick Taylor and nobody would have a clue.
I'm actually glad it wasn't. Out of all the possible licensed chapters, Silent Hill was the one I wanted the most.
Wouldn't mind him being in the next one tho.
Glad it's not candyman
Hell the first time I heard about him was because of you guys speculating
Could be an age thing. He was popular about 25+ years ago when I was a nipper.
But what with the reboot being made by the guy who did Get Out and Us, it's almost certain to get good exposure.
We could even get the new version as a chapter.
Oh I don't doubt, when the new version comes out it should be proper popular again. Right now though he's not all too hyped around where I live/who I know, which is kinda a shame.
We only know the kid-friendly version of Bloody Mary lmao
I think to a certain extent it's like Hellraiser/Pinhead. Avid horror fans know the films and there is a good following, but the younger generation may not be so familiar.
I remember last week watching some prediction videos on Pinhead, and the YouTuber mentioning that they had never seen Hellraiser and wasn't familiar with the Pinhead character. I was shocked...but I am a bit older so I just have a different appreciation for the older films.
Definitely no one I'm friends with knew who Candyman was. I only heard of him in Paulies videos and the trailer for the new movie. However a few people I've talked to (not all) know of Silent Hill.
When you see that this announcement went trending on twitter it just shows they made the right choice. I know a few fans of Silent Hill who messaged me saying they'll definitely watch the ptb stuff and maybe get the game because of this.
I wasn't excited for it to be candyman and i'm even less excited about geometry face. I at least know who candyman is. I never played the silent hill games, was more of a RE fan. I tried watching the silent hill movie last night and it was god awful. I personally am just let down from all the hype.
This, it didnt even release in my country. Only avid horror fans know about him here.
I mean, they pushed the movie back to September, so we could have had him.
But...I'm not sure if we'll get 2 Licensed Killers in a row.
Well, at least there is no one as salty to make a post about how disappointed he is that it turned out to be Silent Hill instead of Candyman. (But here we are in a thread that could be interpreted as the exact opposite to that...)
I agree, Candyman was not fitting for an anniversary announcement, and Silent Hill is a superb choice, still think he will join the roster later though.
Plus I would have never thought that the „the 4 is shaped like Pyramidhead‘s head“ was a valid clue XD
......... I was born in '96.
And the one who got me into horror, my mum of all people, never heard of him either. That being said, I am highly familiar with what people would consider the "classics" and I have also met John Jarret (Mick Taylor) in person. Top bloke.
It's the first 3 games you want to play/watch, not the movies.
Candyman was a great film, but I don't want to see him in DbD. I don't think he translates well. I like the direction they went and would love to see more video game killers. Maybe we can get some Resident Evil or Dead Space in the future.
Do you face Fungoose a lot in game, mate? Crikey!
To the OP - I’m glad it wasn’t Candyman. Seems like he’d come with a silly power but the Devs have been pretty creative so who am I to judge?
I am from Germany aswell and i remember seeing all the Candyman movies in TV many years ago, they are classics and arent as popular anymore.