Admit it peoples
Shadowborn or monitor and stbfl are gorgeous perks.
Having fast reload and a higher fov is satisfying and wonderful
Shadowborn or monitor and stbfl are gorgeous perks.
Having fast reload and a higher fov is satisfying and wonderful
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Whenever I take off shadowborn after using it for a match everything feels so slow.
Personally i notice 0 difference with shadowborne. But then i dont see a difference between 30fps and 60fps either 🤷♂️
Have u tried a side by side comparison?
It is really noticeable
It is noticable, but I would rather not be limited to 3 perk slots the whole game.
It helps you find those sneaky sods that tries to tech you, but other than that, it doesn't help much in terms of gameplay advantages.
I think the only Killer who realistically gets a lot more mileage from Shadowborn is Nurse because her blinks can be rather limiting with the FOV.
I agree. The perk may not offer any advantages to reach your objective but the changes of the fov, it really helps me not become nauseated with the current base fov. Now monitor and abuse( I forgot to add that lol), now that's where things get good.
For nurse, it's a must have.
Depends on the killer for Monitor. STBFL is also very situational, like say if you have an alternate attack method or find the obsession super quickly. Never used Shadowborn and don't plan to honestly. I have more important perks to equip in their place.
Ideally, you would want to down your Obsession first with STBFL. But if you don't find them first, just injuring them whenever you see them can still make them waste their time healing while you keep most of your stacks intact.
I honestly don't think STBFL is that situational, because you will be getting stacks anyways. And there is a higher chance for you to not be chasing your obsession. Just having 4 stacks already can make a pretty noticable difference in how fast you're downing survivors.
Yeah, not really when the first hit is free though. I've tried it on Spirit and I can't remember if I have on Trapper, but I'm not a huge fan.
I just prefer stealth for the first hit, then winning a chase however I can. STBFL doesn't play a huge part in that playstyle, especially when a majority of my perks are also geared towards tracking.
That's fair enough I suppose, I prefer to be quick and efficient with my chases and STBFL helps a lot with that. I'm personally not much of a stealth kind of person unless I am specifically playing a Stealth killer like Ghostface or Myers. I prefer to immediately get back into the chase right after hooking someone.
I'm not saying that the perks are bad necessarily, but why mention the combo?
I can see the appeal in each individual perk, but I don't quite understand what makes less cooldown+more FoV so great.
Not a fan of "Shadowborn", because it messes with my predictions and my muscle memory as nurse. M&A is nice, but bad against OoO, i hate OoO more than comrade stalin. STBFL is godlike on certain killers like trapper, demogorgon abd pig.
I guess if you get easily motion sick, Shadowborn helps a lot
I've just been playing DBD for a while that the FOV doesn't bother me anymore. Then again I played DBD after playing a lot of Fallout 4 and the FOV there is much more dreadful than DBD
Getting a perk just to see better when it may not help at all seems detrimental. Like I have FOV 90 why would I need more? The only exception is Nurse who feels blind without it when blinking.
Try it with monitor. It'll be more obvious as it changes back and forth within the match.
I like the POV from shadowborn because they make me feel speedy
I think a lot of us never got fully used to the killer camera changes back around the time of the engine update. Even after years, the fov feels way more cramped compared to what it used to be.
Yes.
I meant as having those perks in general, not as a combo. (I do run them both actually ).
I guess you're talking about deathslinger