STBFL is addicting

It's just such an noticeable perk on M1 Killers. Once you get 5+ stacks you really start shredding through people. It makes dead zones, murder zones. Hook trades, suicides. Endgame chases a lot more likely to get kills. And if your Obsession is being annoying, just eat a DS to get a new one.

It also encourages good gameplay by tunneling out people and ignoring others so you can get an early kill

Comments

  • It's the killer perk edition of ecstacy, that quicker cooldown just feels amazing and Is a huge assist, this perk is great

  • I like it BUT it can be frustrating having to ignore a whole person

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I like it BUT it can be frustrating having to ignore a whole person

    Also satisfying when they're a clicky with all meta perks that wants to be chased

  • I have it on most of my Killers. It's such a good perk when you can get 8 stacks with your Obsession dead. You've basically guaranteed a win if you can pull that off. And being able to hit recently unhooked survivors and the unhooker in succession is even better.

  • i love stbfl on killer that can hit the obsession without losing stacks (like pig and demo)

    its sooo good on them

  • While I definitely know what you're talking about, if you think STBFL is addicting, try Shadowborn.

    Or don't; if you enjoy having 4 free perk slots.

    You don't notice just how nauseatingly limited the FOV for Killers is until you widen it and try to go back.

  • Save the best for last. Legion is not the only killer that can perform the 28 stab wound meme anymore. :P

    Killer with alot of stacks with save the best for last: Your already dead.

    Survivors reaction when they figure it out: Nani?

    In all seriousness, it's a fun and amazing perk to play around with on many killers.

  • I loved to use it aswell,but i just hate how much i have to avoid my obsession in order to keep my stacks.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    I have it on most of my Killers. It's such a good perk when you can get 8 stacks with your Obsession dead. You've basically guaranteed a win if you can pull that off. And being able to hit recently unhooked survivors and the unhooker in succession is even better.

    RIP BT dead hard strategy to avoid hook trade.

  • I always love it when Survivors try to avoid a hook trade with my 8 Stacks of STBFL ;)

    Gotta love the confusion on their face as I mercilessly machine gun them down.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    I loved to use it aswell,but i just hate how much i have to avoid my obsession in order to keep my stacks.

    Well that depends but when your Obsession its hooked and SWF are around for saving its pretty fun, you get one injured and one down for sure!

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301669#Comment_1301669

    I always love it when Survivors try to avoid a hook trade with my 8 Stacks of STBFL ;)

    Gotta love the confusion on their face as I mercilessly machine gun them down.

    Another perk for reducing cooldown would be cool πŸ˜‚ m1chine gun build.

  • @Primalux135 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301670#Comment_1301670

    Another perk for reducing cooldown would be cool πŸ˜‚ m1chine gun build.

    It used to be like that with Unrelenting, if I recall correctly.

    But it was nerfed because yeah, the machine gun build was rather ridiculous πŸ˜‚

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301674#Comment_1301674

    It used to be like that with Unrelenting, if I recall correctly.

    But it was nerfed because yeah, the machine gun build was rather ridiculous πŸ˜‚

    A pity that would be really balanced for nowadays game M1ing killers ould have pressure. Even clown would have better life

  • It's one of my favorite perks.

  • I think you misspelled "situational at best".

  • This perk really rewards you for taking advantage of a killers kit in a certain way, like for Pig, knowing that your ambushes won't lose stacks, trapper traps won't lose stack, or Demos shred won't either, it makes it god tier...

    It rewards a certain playstyle a lot. It can be quite scary in the right hands.

  • @Acromio said:

    I think you misspelled "situational at best".

    What's situational about a free cooldown reduction if you ignore your Obsession?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/155201/stbfl-is-addicting

    It’s a perk that also highlights just how frustrating the adrenaline speed burst and weapon cooldown can be.

    I swear that in many of my games against red rank survivors that I only got a hit in when THEY wanted me to, so that it gave them EXACTLY what they needed to reach safety and disappear.

    Not the only one that notice it sometimes i feel it should be slightly lower or more likely lowly losing speed.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301690#Comment_1301690

    What's situational about a free cooldown reduction if you ignore your Obsession?

    You might want to carefully re-read what you've just written.

    STBFL is a perk that forces a bad play-style (deliberately ignoring a survivor is almost never a good idea) in exchange for a mediocre bonus that builds up very slowly and you're never guaranteed to have when you need it.

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301694#Comment_1301694

    You might want to carefully re-read what you've just written.

    STBFL is a perk that forces a bad play-style (deliberately ignoring a survivor is almost never a good idea) in exchange for a mediocre bonus that builds up very slowly and you're never guaranteed to have when you need it.

    One Survivor in favour of gaining stacks to end chase faster with the other 3 Survivors.

    You know you can just injure the Obsession and go for the other Survivors right? That's still 10-20ish Seconds of them not doing anything in favour of just 2 stacks. Stacks, btw, which can be earned back by just doing your objective as the Killer.

    Not to mention it synergizes well with Killers who can injure/down without losing stacks like Demogorgon, Pig, Billy, Plague, etc etc.

    If STBFL is a perk that forces a "bad playstyle", then I'm guess I must be a terrible Killer :)

    Oh wait a sec..

    381210_20200525231221_1 - Copy.png


  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I like it BUT it can be frustrating having to ignore a whole person

    not for me i never ignore anyone when i use it.

  • I agree. I love when survivors get really cocky thinking they can pull off things in my face and then realizing that I'm still right on their butts because I have like no attack cooldown. It really is a life saver against aggressive play, and I would use it a lot more often if I had it on more killers and wasn't spreading my bloodpoints out between like every character in the game.

  • It's trash, be honest with yourself. The majority of killers can't use it without losing 4x stacks to down the obsession, who may or may not be bodyblocking your hooks.

  • @Acromio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301694#Comment_1301694

    You might want to carefully re-read what you've just written.

    STBFL is a perk that forces a bad play-style (deliberately ignoring a survivor is almost never a good idea) in exchange for a mediocre bonus that builds up very slowly and you're never guaranteed to have when you need it.

    If the Obsession is the first person I find, then I make it my goal to tunnel them out first because they already have a hook state. If they're not, then I generally ignore them (I'll hit them to discourage them, but I won't commit) and make it my goal to one hook the obsession when everyone else is dead.

    If you're playing for the 4k, you generally have to ignore 1-2 people and soft tunnel 2-3 people anyway. Spreading hooks evenly will lose games

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301697#Comment_1301697

    If the Obsession is the first person I find, then I make it my goal to tunnel them out first because they already have a hook state. If they're not, then I generally ignore them (I'll hit them to discourage them, but I won't commit) and make it my goal to one hook the obsession when everyone else is dead.

    "I can't tunnel the obsession when the obsession is the survivor who sits in a locker to force DS when the game is going to last 4 minutes long"

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301848#Comment_1301848

    "I can't tunnel the obsession when the obsession is the survivor who sits in a locker to force DS when the game is going to last 4 minutes long"

    Don't take a chase with an unhook because of Decisive. But if they see you and immediately jump in a locker pick it up. It's basically just Head On with a 5 second stun instead of 3.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301853#Comment_1301853

    Don't take a chase with an unhook because of Decisive. But if they see you and immediately jump in a locker pick it up. It's basically just Head On with a 5 second stun instead of 3.

    A good survivor is going to cost you minutes during that chase instead of seconds. Even 1 minute in this game is critical unless you have already tunneled off a noob instead of a veteran.

  • @Shocktober said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301884#Comment_1301884

    A good survivor is going to cost you minutes during that chase instead of seconds. Even 1 minute in this game is critical unless you have already tunneled off a noob instead of a veteran.

    Don't take a chase because they'll hop in a locker right before they go down... but if they're one of those people who sees you and immediately hops in a locker its totally worth it.

  • The otz man approves this